RIP Scott Weiland

Unleashed2k

• Administrator

I'm sure you've heard one way or another that one of my favorite musicians died last night, Scott Weiland.

You've probably heard one of his songs from Stone Temple Pilots, or his other famous band Velvet Revolver. 

Scott was touring with his solo band The Wildabouts when he was found dead on 12/3 from cardiac arrest on his tour bus before a show.

He struggled with drugs and other problems. I'm going to steal this comment I saw from Reddit:

I think it's as good of a time as any to remind anyone who is struggling with drug addiction, or with demons in general to please get help. It's too late for Scott, but it's not too late if you're still here with us. Nobody deserves to struggle alone; you aren't alone and never will be. 1-800-273-8255 is the crisis/suicide prevention hotline. Please don't hesitate to call that number if you need to do so. As cliche as this may sound, life does get better, so make sure you're there to see it. (SOURCE)

I'm not sure why I'm writing this, maybe as therapy. I took this death pretty hard as I grew up listening to him. 

We should celebrate his life by playing his songs, the same way we celebrate Kurt, Layne, Dio, and everyone else we lost.

Thanks for your music, your talent, and everything.

October 27, 1967 – December 3, 2015

http://i1.wp.com/www.metalinjection.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/rip-scott-weiland-stone-temple-pilots-velvet-revolver.jpg?resize=750%2C393

• Like 3

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• Administrator

One of my good friends put his cover of Atlanta (STP) up:

https://www.facebook.com/michael.scudieri/videos/10206096127097095/

• Like 1

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

I think he was a free man, doing what he wanted, knowing the risks, 

With the cash he earned, he supplied the drug dealers business. 

Meanwhile, by the time I read this, 5 children died from hunger and wars in the world.

Don't forget about the real sad things. :angry:

• Like 2