Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 85

@@Mortalo I then received 99.36, it was 40 week ago, don`t think  that it is hard a song. im sure that now you too got 99.

But I would have spend a lot of time in RR.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

@@2groggy Just like albatross said, go to RR and play it at slower speed. Build it up, maybe you'll reach moment when it's too fast to you, then you'll knew that it's moment to try something else. You can possibly play anything at correct slow speed. But as Motive said, it can be boring to do so, and will take more time then play few songs on your level. Here in Championship we try to push you, thus we're trying to level you up soon, bu we understand that it can be of high value to try easier songs, as everytime you play, you improve.

Thanks @@albatross213, @@Gamut and @@Mortalo,

I probably spend an hour a day in RR at about 80% speed trying to work the kinks out of the advanced bass track for the week.  I try to get to the point of near zero misses before speeding it up in small steps.   My difficulty is that the time limit forces me to step up to full speed before my skill level is ready.  I'm afraid of reinforcing sloppy habits.

• Like 3

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

hey everyone B)

http://s23.postimg.org/aqf3zywzf/Rocksmith_rhythm.jpg

managed to do it ahah B)

http://s18.postimg.org/6zx267tll/rocksmith.jpg

this song is a real pain..after some time on RR only managed to improve a small bit.. still playing crap on this one..not sure how much I can improve on this one as I dont have much time to play on the rest of this week <_< however it's a real nice song it was a good choice for int's to improve and practice :D

rock on everyone B)

• Like 10

http://s15.postimg.org/cy92sh4cr/2015_06_09_00008.jpg

I still give it about a 7, and heres why:

That chorus is very dynamic, and while I know the notes, I still dont have the muscle memory for the song. I couldnt even hope for someone with a more than basic level to understand or see what needs to be played. They would just see 6 9 6 7 10 2 4 5 4 5 7 9 7 6 9 etc...Wanting to know what the numbers mean...String skipping should be a new concept, not a basic requirement.

The Bridge, okay so yes, it is o2 oo on the D and G with E going 0 3 2 1, but if you get lost on that 0 3 2 1 on the E...good luck coming back. IF you dont want your score to die just focus on the o2 oo until it is second nature, then do that with the 0 3 2 1

After mastering songs like Twist and Shout and Connection, this should not be the next step in difficulty. I know Dead-end friends is much harder than this, but i do feel like these are both solid Advanced songs...

Now with that said...

This is a great goal song for Intermediate players, its a great taste of techniques and ideas that are basic requirements in Advanced. While this may be out of the range for some Intermediate players. They all should shoot to master this song someday.

• Like 5

Many nice scores on all songs :)

First plays:

http://i62.tinypic.com/jrf913.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/2pqo01w.jpg

Perhaps a 100% score in the next days... I was waiting for some slide parts but that it's ok too. Also noted the 21 E fret instead of 22 ( Y U NO 24 frets guitar ?? :P)

And Mega's song is going to have lots of RR...

http://i61.tinypic.com/fkm89v.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks @@albatross213, @@Gamut and @@Mortalo,

I probably spend an hour a day in RR at about 80% speed trying to work the kinks out of the advanced bass track for the week.  I try to get to the point of near zero misses before speeding it up in small steps.   My difficulty is that the time limit forces me to step up to full speed before my skill level is ready.  I'm afraid of reinforcing sloppy habits.

This may sound weird, but maybe you need to try going a bit slower, at least for a bit. While I certainly spend more time at the faster speeds in RR, I feel like the slower speeds are probably more important in terms of understanding and deconstructing the riffs and figuring out how I'll attack them at faster speeds (which is why I really appreciate customs that have lots of sections, as otherwise I tend to get impatient sitting through stuff at 50% speed that I already know I can do. This makes score attack much harder, but I think I've found a workaround by making lots of sections in a bonus arrangement while the main arrangement has relatively few).

Anyway, here's an example of me working on a riff  on one of my customs that's within my technical abilities (neither hand has to go at ridiculous speeds, it doesn't require crazy long legato, or tapping, or slap and pop, a totally flummoxing plucking pattern, or something like that), but still quite tricky at full speed. For something I'd need a new (or improved) technique for, I'd do much more practice at slow speeds, like I mentioned doing for that one section of the Orion solo last week. Anyway, I tried to put some commentary into the video description so you can follow along with what I'm trying to do at different points in the video. I probably should just get a decent webcam at some point so I can do it verbally and you can actually see me trying out different things at 50% speed.

• Like 5

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

hey all, no scores from me this week :)

spending the time in a new custom, and be happy, new FISHBONE cdlc is coming, this time a metal song.

Who thinks knowing them after a few songs can be surprised again and again, and that's cool.

I'm still sitting at the tabs, but most work is been done.

• Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Metal FISHBONE? Will it be the 1st FISHBONE tune that I will like? :P

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Update score lead Megadeth:

http://i.imgur.com/LHBGVXkl.jpg

P.s previous run was with very good streak 392, i almost good learned arpeggio at verse. So i sure, that almost every of int participants can learn it in RR. But still yet have problem with shifting at chorus, often lost fret position, and main source   "miss"  for me, it is post solo part, with open strings and hammer on.

http://i.imgur.com/0orrM0Am.jpg

• Like 7

Not a better accuracy score, but I want to make sure @@then3verend doesn't become afraid if he checks out the in-game leaderboard.

http://i.imgur.com/fe2gdP8.jpg

The good news is I only missed in three places - the fast legato sections before the verse riff first comes in, after the first chorus, and the tapping section, and I feel pretty good about maintaining that accuracy outside of those sections (except maybe the slide down right before the first chorus). The bad news is I missed lots at each of those sections.

In the video I made earlier missed 1, 1, and 3 notes in those three sections, so if I can get lucky/learn those sections better I should be in business. Only problem is it's really hard in real time to tell how many misses I get on those sections (unless they go catastrophically bad and my multiplier goes below the most recent checkpoint), which makes it harder to know if I should restart or not. Wish I could say I could master these sections, but the only one I feel like I have the skill to master in the next few days is the one after the chorus. The one before the first verse is early enough I suppose I could keep trying it until I make it through without a miss, which would probably be the most surefire way to make sure I didn't miss 5 notes without realizing it. Feel like I need to practice it more before that's a good use of my time, though.

• Like 4

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Finally fixed beatmap at first of half verse, i hope now we can start hard practice.

This was my stupid fault, notes was shifted  just about at half of beat together with beatmap. Bass seated right, so at bass was impossible to see issue. I`m very sorry.

Link to updated cdlc 2.4 Megadeth

Oh, it was one of those things where the jewels (seemingly) randomly shift off of the beat markers? I've definitely had that happen to me a few times when making customs. Have to admit I have no idea why that happens unless I accidentally dragged them.

That happens to me about 90% of the time when I open EoF, it's a real pita :)

• Like 1

@@PierreDole So sorry that i ruined your fun there, hope next week will be more comfortable and fun for all intermediate participants.

Dont worry, you didnt ruined anything. :) Maybe my post sound worst as it was. I read the posts above and tryed to underline that it is not possible for me to learn the song yet. But I dont going mad because of this. :)

If in the intermediate class the range of skill is so wide, and for sure we all want to have fun, maybe it would be a idea to offer two songs when a song is clearly too hard or too easy for a part of us.

@ On 2.4 version I'm getting many random misses on D string hopos. Mostly on open -> 2nd fret, but also on others. Only on D string, and surpsingly. I retuned many times, checked tuning on 2nd fret, all fine. I did not had that problem before (earlier versions). And I'm not getting random misses elsewhere. :mellow:

Slightly better run on Int bass, 97% acc, 392 streak

Will put a lot more into this on bass side, quite like the song :)

Not just at the minute tho... another battery bites the dust lol, my multi effects pedal batteries are all on charge too so feeling a little lost  atm  :P

http://i60.tinypic.com/f39v69.jpg

• Like 4