How to add a Metronome to any song [Metronome Bonus Arrangement]

Azrael

Ok, this is getting weird. @@Alex360, we need your help :-D

Today I tried adding metronome bonus arrangements to enter sandman and I think I have the same problem as @@TomSawyer2112

I ticked the metronome box on all three arrangements. Ingame the path is crossed out with an X but it is selectable. There is only one arrangement (no bonus arrangement) and this one arrangement has the metronome beats enabled.

This is not how it is supposed to work nor how it worked the last time I used it.

Alex, could see any recent changes to the code that might affect this tool?

Regards,

Azrael

Edit: I, too, got some long error list on first "generate", but on second try the psarc was created.

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

• Developer

Probably just need to revert GenMetronomeArr method to the way it was before all the changes.  Not sure why I changed it.  Sorry.

EDIT: I recalled why it was changed.  The old method creates a new XML file and new name.  The XML file name can not change otherwise other code will fail.  So need to implement Metronome without changing XML file names.  I can fix if you are busy.  Let me know.  Oh heck, I broke it so I fixed it.  Look for latest beta release.  @@Azrael would appreciate feedback.  Give the repo a few minutes to update.  Thanks

public Arrangement GenMetronomeArr(Arrangement arr)
        {
            var mArr = GeneralExtensions.Copy<Arrangement>(arr);
            var songXml = Song2014.LoadFromFile(mArr.SongXml.File);
            var newXml = Path.GetTempFileName();
            mArr.SongXml = new RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.AggregateGraph.SongXML{ File = newXml };
            mArr.SongFile = new RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.AggregateGraph.SongFile{ File = "" };
            mArr.CleanCache();
            mArr.BonusArr = true;
            mArr.Id = IdGenerator.Guid();
            mArr.MasterId = RandomGenerator.NextInt();
            mArr.Metronome = Metronome.Itself;
            songXml.ArrangementProperties.Metronome = (int)Metronome.Itself;

var ebeats = songXml.Ebeats;
            var songEvents = new RocksmithToolkitLib.Xml.SongEvent[ebeats.Length];
            for (var i = 0; i < ebeats.Length; i++){
                songEvents[i] = new RocksmithToolkitLib.Xml.SongEvent {
                    Code = ebeats[i].Measure == -1 ? "B1" : "B0",
                    Time = ebeats[i].Time
                };
            }
            songXml.Events = songXml.Events.Union(songEvents, new EqSEvent()).OrderBy(x => x.Time).ToArray();
            using (var stream = File.OpenWrite(mArr.SongXml.File)) {
                songXml.Serialize(stream);
            }
            return mArr;
        }
        public class EqSEvent : IEqualityComparer<RocksmithToolkitLib.Xml.SongEvent>
        {
            public bool Equals(RocksmithToolkitLib.Xml.SongEvent x, RocksmithToolkitLib.Xml.SongEvent y)
            {
                if (x == null)
                    return y == null;

return x.Code == y.Code && x.Time.Equals(y.Time);
            }

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@cozy1

I can confirm that it now works again as expected! Thanks a lot!

Thanks at @@TomSawyer2112 for mentioning the issue in the first place. Does it work for you now, too?

• Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Yes it works as expected, and no error message when generating

Metronome arr. is in the Bonus Lead

I unchecked Bonus Arrangement  in the Toolkit for my DD arrangement,

which appears then in RS14 as "Alternate Lead" (@@Berneer)

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/b11e/brw3ihoimphiyg6zg.jpg

It's possible to add more, so I can add Metronome to DD Alternate lead as well, but with 2 Bonus Lead it starts to get confusing.

I wonder if the names "Bonus" and "Alternate" could be changed outside of RS to something more specific like

"Metronome", "DD"

Glad it is working.

I asked the same question and it seems that to use labels other than Bonus and Alternate requires hacking the game, which I suppose would be beyond the scope of what we're doing here.

For my MacGyver CDLC, I initially had 1 Lead, 2 Alternate leads and 3 Bonus Leads (metronome). Was a bit much with labels limited to Alternate and Bonus, so I pushed one arrangement and it's metronome counterpart into the Rhythm path. Cleaned things up, and also it had lots of chords so I put the finger-style arrangement in Rhythm. All this to say that RS seems to accommodate more than a couple of arrangements per path.

Cheers

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

• 1 month later...

This is great.

When I went back to add the count in to a bunch of my finished songs, I initally wondered why I hadn't been doing this all along. Then I discovered that nearly all of mine have notes on the first beat of the first measure. This means that if I want to add it, I would have to move all the notes/tech notes/tones/positions/lyrics back a measure (not to mention anything I haven't thought of), which is something I'm definitely not going to do.

I don't supposed there is any way to "insert" a blank measure prior to the first one? All of my songs have leading silence, so there's actual space enough to do it, but I'm guessing this is one of those "never gonna happen" things. If there is a way, I would definitely find it very useful.

It would also be useful for another song I'm working on that has spoken lyrics start before there are any other instruments, and since the GP synch starts with the first beat, I can't add the lyric at all, since there's no measure under it, only leading silence. It's just 2 words, the title of the song, so no biggie.

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

@@Billkwando If I understand correctly, this shouldn't be any problem at all.

See the FAQ in my first post, which is very similar:

Is it possible to change the offbeat if you've reset it to zero?

Yes, and it's very easy!

In EOF, under "Beat" click on "Push Offset Up". Repeat as often as necessary, until it looks like my picture above.
Make sure to set the correct "Time Signature" under "Beat", too. Otherwise the yellow numbers couting the bars will not show up, because Rocksmith will not know which the first beat of every bar is.
Your notes will not move, so don't be afraid that you might break your chart.

Your problem is the other way around:

In a 4/4 time signature, you have to click "Push Offset Back" four times to insert a full "blank" measure prior to the first one. Please let me know if you still have any issues ;)

• Like 1

@@Billkwando If I understand correctly, this shouldn't be any problem at all.

See the FAQ in my first post, which is very similar:

Is it possible to change the offbeat if you've reset it to zero?

Yes, and it's very easy!

In EOF, under "Beat" click on "Push Offset Up". Repeat as often as necessary, until it looks like my picture above.

Make sure to set the correct "Time Signature" under "Beat", too. Otherwise the yellow numbers couting the bars will not show up, because Rocksmith will not know which the first beat of every bar is.

Your notes will not move, so don't be afraid that you might break your chart.

Your problem is the other way around:

In a 4/4 time signature, you have to click "Push Offset Back" four times to insert a full "blank" measure prior to the first one. Please let me know if you still have any issues ;)

Assuming it works, that's just what I needed. Thanks!

Is there any concern if the notes at the end go up to the last measure?

I'm picturing it adding a measure at the beginning and pushing the notes at the end into a black hole. ;)

- Billkwando

I think the beatmap always ends with the end of the song, you cannot remove beats at the end of the song.

The function "push offset" only controlles the offset at the beginning of the chart, so I don't think you can run into any kind of problems with your notes.

• Like 1

I think the beatmap always ends with the end of the song, you cannot remove beats at the end of the song.

The function "push offset" only controlles the offset at the beginning of the chart, so I don't think you can run into any kind of problems with your notes.

This worked perfectly for me, thanks so much! I would still suggest anyone who tried it to cautiously watch their last measure and be ready to "undo" if anything goes wrong, but yeah. This is badass.

I'd suggest updating your FAQ to specifically reference how to do it with existing/finished CDLCs. That will come as a great help to folks like me, and to folks who "adopt" abandoned CDLCs, to make them even better! :D

- Billkwando

• 8 months later...

Any ideas what would cause the measures to get messed up when I do Push Offset Back?:

http://i.imgur.com/UwIV7WZ.jpg

- Billkwando

@@Billkwando - Most of the time when you have something that's consistently 4/4 all of the the measures but the first have time signatures of "No Change" or something like that in EoF, but it looks like in your project each measure was marked as 4/4 (so you have 4/4 above measures 3 and 4 in addition to measure 1). So when you push the offset back, the beat that's at, say, 7.5ish seconds "remembers" that it should be the start of a 4/4 measure and enforces that, interrupting measure 2. If you push the offset back a total of 4 beats it shouldn't be a problem.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!