Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

Multitracks - Do you, as a player, use them?

- - - - - multitracks

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Multitracks (78 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you find multitracks an appealing option?

1. Voted Yes, and I'm more inclined to check out a song with multitracks. (33 votes [42.31%])

Percentage of vote: 42.31%

2. Yes, I choose multitrack versions of any song I'm interested in. (20 votes [25.64%])

Percentage of vote: 25.64%

3. No, I choose standard versions even if multitracks are available. (25 votes [32.05%])

Percentage of vote: 32.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts
  • 342 thanks

I will add Support for separate audio files for each non-vocal arrangement ASAP. I see you guys really need this feature, stay tuned :)

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112

Freebird

• Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • 126 thanks

I get the feeling that I start to hear where my fingers are supposed to go (which is super awesome).

Regards,

Azrael

That is called Automatisation. It's the purpose of learning.

The more you repeat the same notes, the less you have to direct your fingers.

It's becoming reflexes, unaware movements.

That's the way to get fast, not needing to tell each finger what to do!

It's like soccer coordination training with an agility ladder.

The Fretboard is nothing else but an agility ladder for fingers.

And the younger you are, the faster the automatisation process.

You should have started at 10. At 12 the brains starts to loose his ability 

to automise, and at 50 ...

Sorry to drift away from the multitrack subject

Offline   Rarity

Rarity

Beginner Guitarist

• Ex-Staff Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • 2 thanks

I have several multi-track piece of CDLC, but they basically go ignored. Typically my guitar is set slightly louder than the song to begin with, but it's nice to be able to hear the track in-game in case there's something I need to listen and make sure I'm playing correctly. Beyond that, I play in multiplayer a lot, and missing a correct backing audio for a song is a great way to make sure my friends who don't already know the song are going to be completely lost haha.

Offline   Dthos

Dthos

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • PSN:Thunder91166

Just a Late 2 cents here, I am really getting in to playing bass lately, and I create my own customs from The Hal Leonard books, I has more of a Jam/Practice feel to them and yes I can tell how I play.

Offline   spellbound

spellbound

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • 27 thanks

Does anyone have a list of "multi-track" customs available here or  know of an easy way to find them?.... I am interested in checking them out ....They seem like a great Idea now that I know what they actually are lol.....Thanks

Offline   Azrael

Azrael

Touring Guitarist

• Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • 47 thanks

Donator

Does anyone have a list of "multi-track" customs available here or  know of an easy way to find them?.... I am interested in checking them out ....They seem like a great Idea now that I know what they actually are lol.....Thanks

When I type "multitrack" into the search box, it gives me 30 results. ;)

(searching for "multitracks" only gives 29 results...)

I don't know if thats all of them, though.

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   Azrael

Azrael

Touring Guitarist

• Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • 47 thanks

Donator

(Sry for doublepost, but...)

I would like to draw your attention to this tutorial I did on how to add a metronome to your CDLCs as part of a bonus arrangement.

The idea is: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound!

(Spoiler alert: You will sound pretty shitty when you play a song without the original music for the first time :rolleyes: )

I like to think of it as the "low-man's-multitracks" :D

I assume that everyone who is interested in multitracks might be exited by this info!

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Offline   m1watch

m1watch

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

Multi tracks are the future and the only way to go or you will sound shite, it will clean up your playing massively! I have lots of multi tracks. Its just a ballache to make them syncing the midi or praying the ogg file can be matched to the backing track. It all takes time, any tutorials flying about for a simple method. Ie extract midi/guitar pro file. Import backing track to DAW, sync midi to backing track or vice versa and align the lot? Any qucik methods I'm all ears ;-)

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts
  • 342 thanks

well I prefere playing in the way I hear my guitar about 5-6 db loudly from original record so I could hear me shitty playing so I don't need any multitracks but If I do wanna learn a song in easy mode first or in hardest possible I could go with multitracks or multitracks plus master mode then. even tho you should practice outside rocksmith with your tab printed or by memory with dedicated amp I guess I've asked Audrey Shida under one of the videos to bump the volume of her guitar because I can slightly hear her guitar and it isn't great so I guess she took further and began making complete covers or playing more with amp since then :D

Offline   MentalSharps

MentalSharps

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • 0 thanks

I've started to do the same Alex on non-multitrack versions with my guitar volume much louder over the music and it's really helped me to improve a lot by actually hearing what I'm playing and trying to make it sound good and musical, rather than just hitting the notes on time like a rhythm game.

But by just turning the guitar volume up over a standard track, I sometimes find it's difficult to keep the rhythm as my guitar sound drowns out the bass / drums too much on certain songs and I struggle to keep the groove, and then I end up playing by eye, using the note highway and it defeats some of the benefit of trying to listen to my guitar sound and play by ear.

Now that I've just discovered the multitracks I think they're amazing, to get the best of both! It's so useful to be able to hear what I'm playing properly, but also still being able to play within rocksmith with the speed up / slow down features etc.

I've noticed though that many multi-track versions of the CDLC are down though, they seem to be on a Mega account that has been deleted. Most of the Metallica ones anyway, and some others.

Also It would be cool if there was a search option for Multi-tracks / Stems or something, seems like right now I think it depends on the authors all labelling the same way and I wasn't sure if I was finding all of them.

Offline   qt314xxx

qt314xxx

Expert Guitarist

• Charter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • 3 thanks

Donator

I've played every multitrack available for download on this site, they're very fun, and helps me know how I'm doing as a bass player. 

Posted Image
~~~~~~~{ayy lmao}~~~~~~~~

Offline   Frack

Frack

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • 40 thanks

I've found one old thread, but full of interresting informations related to Multitracks and why it's better to use already perfectly done RB/GH rips as a starting point:

The third Way to Chart Customs (With Guitar Hero/Rockband/PS/Frets on fire templates):

http://customsforge....fire-templates/

Frack%20Guitars_zpsk6ace3fh.gif