How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

Hi everyone 

wondered if anyone could help. 
I have Rs2014 Remastered on my windows PC. Set it up a few years ago to play cdlc. All working perfectly. 
Recently I’ve started playing more again. Everything running as it should. 
however, there was a new cdlc that I wanted (and found a few more too). I downloaded them and threw them in my dlc folder. Fired RS up and the 5 new cdlc do not show in the game at all. I double checked the dlc folder and they are in there. They are psarc files. 
my previous cdlc still show and play as normal. 
someone suggested I install the November patch. I’ve downloaded it. Installed it with no errors and clicked the “unlock” button. It said I can now play cdlc’s. I loaded RS again but these 5 newer cdlc still don’t show in the game. 
Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

29 minutes ago, COLUKE5 said:

doing something wrong?

Doesn't sound like it.

29 minutes ago, COLUKE5 said:

Am I missing something

Possibly, as it should have worked. However, you are not the first one to have said recently that cDLC is not appearing in game. The first thing I would check, within the game / while playing the game, check your filters, see if it set to show all, that you do not have a playlist selected or only favorites selected.

It is possible that you did not actually put them into the proper dlc folder with in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc folder, or where ever your Steam is installed. Maybe you have it installed on a D drive, or you just placed it in the wrong folder. I know you said already you double checked. $%^# happens.

If that is kosher, go into the Rocksmith 2014 program folder and check to see if the D3DX9_42.dll is installed there. (the install date of whatever day (yesterday, today, 2 days ago, etc etc) you ran the enabler). It is possible that a) the enabler did not over write the old .dll, or b) it did not actually install in the correct folder. Then we will work from there if either is the case or it still is not working.

So.  When my kids were growing up and had issues with computers, I would always say to them “it’s a computer. Put crap in and you’ll get crap out”. 

Fast forward to me at work today, sat there thinking to myself that this RS issue has got to be something simple   Then I had another thought.  Why aren’t all the songs I DONT like that are included in the game showing up either?  And like a bolt of lightening it hit me. Only my favourite songs show up in the game. Which then triggered my memory that I had “sorted” the song list to only show my favourites  a couple of years ago and wondered if that could be why my new cdlc’s weren’t showing. As I hadn’t added them to my favourites yet. 

Got home from work and loaded RS and it was indeed just showing my favourites. I selected all songs and was then able to see my new cdlc’s (which I then added to favourites). 

Feel like an idiot but hey, at least it’s all sorted now haha. 

User error strikes again lol

Thanks a lot for your help though guys . Really appreciate it

Now I can get some playing done at the weekend

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, COLUKE5 said:

triggered my memory that I had “sorted” the song list to only show my favourites

Um, that is kinda why that was my first suggestion.

23 hours ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

check your filters, see if it set to show all, that you do not have a playlist selected or only favorites selected.

You are not the first to have done that. Glad you got it resolved, and an extremely easy fix.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

Um, that is kinda why that was my first suggestion.

You are not the first to have done that. Glad you got it resolved, and an extremely easy fix.

And that will be why it will have hit me. I must have read your reply and not fully taken it in thinking I would read properly when I got home….but subliminally it must have stuck in my brain. Thank you once again

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

Hello,

I'm having a problem where the CDLC installer isn't creating a .dll file in my Rocksmith2014 folder. Am I missing something?

Update: When I redownload the installer, it will create the file upon first use. However, the file immediately disappears afterward...

You may, in some instances, need to make an exception in your anti-virus for the .dll file. If you need further assistance; let me know.

• Like 2

I'll own you one day. 💜

Custom Shop Solo II.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to make my CDLC show up (using the enabler, its all installed, and the D3DX9_42.dll has been showing + the DLC folder) 
Was about to give up and see if Cherub Rock was available, but that has been removed from the Steam store. 
I have the Volbeat DLC downloaded from Steam, that has been showing up. But the CDLC from this website isn't.. 
I tried to follow the last 10 pages of the post, but can't seem to fix the problem.

This has been a repeated problem it seems on the forum, but like I said, hard to keep up with what has been said and what not. Is anyone available to help me out? 🙂

5 hours ago, Faylen said:

see if Cherub Rock was available, but that has been removed from the Steam store

I have the Volbeat DLC downloaded from Steam, that has been showing up

Yes, Cherub Rock delisted a while ago in October.

Are you using PC or Mac?

It is good that the Volbeat dlc is showing in game. Is any of your other dlc showing up in game?

Having Cherub Rock is no longer needed, in fact no dlc is now required with the latest patch (cdlc enabler). Do you have only one D3DX9_42.dll in the folder? (Root folder for Rocksmith 2014, where the Rocksmith2014.exe is located).

hard to keep up with what has been said and what not

Yes, after 48 pages that have turned into a help thread, it has become a rather deep pond.

1 hour ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

Are you using PC or Mac?

Having Cherub Rock is no longer needed, in fact no dlc is now required with the latest patch (cdlc enabler).

Sorry we had power out.

siunds from OP post, PC.

Just for the record, on Mac you still need an ODLC and must run the converter tool if you don’t have Cherub Rock.

4 hours ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

Having Cherub Rock is no longer needed, in fact no dlc is now required with the latest patch (cdlc enabler). Do you have only one D3DX9_42.dll in the folder? (Root folder for Rocksmith 2014, where the Rocksmith2014.exe is located).

I fixed it : 
I downloaded CustomForge Song Manager
I changed all the IDs from Cherub Rock (default when downloading CLDC) to a Volbeat ID (Since I already had that DLC) -> resulting in CDLC showing up again. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Faylen said:

I fixed it : 
I downloaded CustomForge Song Manager
I changed all the IDs from Cherub Rock (default when downloading CLDC) to a Volbeat ID (Since I already had that DLC) -> resulting in CDLC showing up again. 

Thanks for letting us know; that's the thing to do, on PC (on Mac there is a utility just for that; see https://github.com/glebb/rocksmithconvert/.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Original Rocksmith ODLC disappears when adding DLL.

Windows 10, latest updates, Rocksmith 2014 Steam + Cherub and other ODLC

Recently reinstalled computer and had to reinstall all the CDLC (applied DLL via new installer).  What I noticed is that all original Rocksmith DLC is gone with the DLL in the folder (RS14 songs and DLC work fine as well as original Rocksmith songs).  If I remove the DLL then the OG Rocksmith DLC shows up again and can be played no problem.

@ hepcecob Hmm, that's curious. I don't know the answer to that one (mainly Mac myself).... If someone else can't help you here, I would suggest asking through the Discord channels. They are monitored more than this is and you can usually get a helpful response in short order.

When I have the D3DX9_42.dll in the Rocksmith2014 folder Rocksmith just crashes as it launches. Switches over to running for a second or two but then goes back to a Play button and never seems to even try to open. It's the 117 KB file that came from the first page here but only if I delete it or pull it out of that folder will Rocksmith launch. I have an AMD processor so I don't think it's the new Intel problem some people seem to be having. Only solution I'm seeing that might work and I haven't tried is buying a DLC and changing song IDs of any custom one I want to play.

14 hours ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

You are on a new account. One must ask this, how new is your Rocksmith installation, where did you obtain Rocksmith from and when

I've had Rocksmith since 2021, bought it through steam. I don't have any DLCs if that's something that can help. And I've had it installed probably since I bought it.