Rocksmith Tools Launcher for Mac

10 minutes ago, Nadimo said:

Symbol not found: _futimens
  Referenced from: /var/folders/zt/f1zbbkpd68b6t945jqrpqym40000gn/T/_MEIDkXs5G/Python (which was built for Mac OS X 10.13)

Yeah, this explains it. The Python I've bundled with the app is referencing some library which was build for 10.13 osx. I'm pretty confident that if someone could build the app using 10.12 (or even earlier osx) it would work just fine, even with later osxes. For now, it looks like 10.13 is the minimum requirement. I'll update the readme.

35 minutes ago, glebb said:

Yeah, this explains it. The Python I've bundled with the app is referencing some library which was build for 10.13 osx. I'm pretty confident that if someone could build the app using 10.12 (or even earlier osx) it would work just fine, even with later osxes. For now, it looks like 10.13 is the minimum requirement. I'll update the readme.

Ok, thank you. So, I will trie to actualize, but I hope that someone could re-build the app for 10.12 (I don't know if that is easy or not) in case I can't upgrade.

1 hour ago, Nadimo said:

Ok, thank you. So, I will trie to actualize, but I hope that someone could re-build the app for 10.12 (I don't know if that is easy or not) in case I can't upgrade.

No, I can´t update a newer version of MacOS than Sierra😭

16 hours ago, Nadimo said:

Hi. I created a package with osx 10.12. You can download it from the same place, it's the new version 1.03. Hope it works for you!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, apple will monitor you even harder on big sur so I'm not sure they'll allow us to run custom applications soon 😛
but when there's wine support for big sur maybe there's a user who would build wine environment again ? I have no macOS system available for test, so it's all depends on who would waste his time to help us build wine bottle
port again

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 11:53 AM, glebb said:

If you are looking to just convert pc cdlc to mac (or vice versa) easily (on osx), you can give this tool a try:

https://github.com/glebb/rocksmithconvert

There's a download link there at the bottom of the github page. It's not extensively tested so all feedback (and contributions to the code) are welcome. 

Basically it's just a simple app you can drag & drop files to and it automatically converts them and places them under a folder in the same directory where the original file was. Please let me know if it works (or doesn't work) for you. 

It's using code from pyrocksmith and it wraps everything to single executable so it should be easy to use. No command line etc. needed. 

Hey ! 

I'm on Big Sur and really want to thanks you ! Rocksmith Tools Launcher can't run on Big Sur here, so your tool is just so cool ! 

I will receive Rocksmith in the next few days, but i manage to convert files so thanks you ! 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, MonkeyRatops said:

Hey ! 

I'm on Big Sur and really want to thanks you ! Rocksmith Tools Launcher can't run on Big Sur here, so your tool is just so cool ! 

I will receive Rocksmith in the next few days, but i manage to convert files so thanks you ! 

Cool, I'm glad it's proven to be useful! I've been working on a new version, now with a proper user interface to save few clicks (and remembering settings like target folder etc) and to make the conversion process much faster. I'm hoping to add some other features as well, but it's still very much work in progress. In the mean time the current version should serve well enough. Teaser picture attached 🙂 

Näyttökuva 2021-2-18 kello 22.14.41.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 12:19 PM, glebb said:

Cool, I'm glad it's proven to be useful! I've been working on a new version, now with a proper user interface to save few clicks (and remembering settings like target folder etc) and to make the conversion process much faster. I'm hoping to add some other features as well, but it's still very much work in progress. In the mean time the current version should serve well enough. Teaser picture attached 🙂 

Näyttökuva 2021-2-18 kello 22.14.41.png

Hey man! I'm pretty new to this whole deal. I downloaded that package but for some reason it just opens up as python code on my computer. 

I'm running macOS Big Sur and really trying to find a convenient way to convert the PC cdlc to Mac versions. 

Am i missing something? Thanks so much in advance. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, samtehrani7 said:

Hey man! I'm pretty new to this whole deal. I downloaded that package but for some reason it just opens up as python code on my computer. 

I'm running macOS Big Sur and really trying to find a convenient way to convert the PC cdlc to Mac versions. 

Am i missing something? Thanks so much in advance. 

Make sure you download the .zip file, not the source package. So from the releases page download the latest zip package (currently either Rocksmith.2014.CDLC.convert.pc.mac.2.0.0-alpha3.zip which is the latest "test" version (I hope you test it), and if that gives you problems you can try the "official latest" 1.1 version Rocksmith.2014.CDLC.convert.pc.mac.1.1.zip.)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, glebb said:

Make sure you download the .zip file, not the source package. So from the releases page download the latest zip package (currently either Rocksmith.2014.CDLC.convert.pc.mac.2.0.0-alpha3.zip which is the latest "test" version (I hope you test it), and if that gives you problems you can try the "official latest" 1.1 version Rocksmith.2014.CDLC.convert.pc.mac.1.1.zip.)

Thank you for this!! One other note -- the newer (alpha) versions weren't quite working out for me. It installed correctly and it would open, but i wouldn't see any interface at all. The older version opened up and converted just fine 🙂  Thanks for your help! 

9 hours ago, samtehrani7 said:

Thank you for this!! One other note -- the newer (alpha) versions weren't quite working out for me. It installed correctly and it would open, but i wouldn't see any interface at all. The older version opened up and converted just fine 🙂  Thanks for your help! 

You're welcome! Thank you for testing the new version. I'll look into it regarding what could cause such behavior.

• 1 month later...

@glebbAny chance that your converter would cause an issue where a few of the notes in a song are always a "miss" or "late"?.  For the past few weeks I've had a really annoying problem where I'm playing beginner songs in Score Attack or Learn a Song and am constantly missing a few notes.  If I switch to riff repeater (100% difficulty and speed) I get them right all of the time.  This doesn't seem to happen on any out-of-box songs.  This weeks song was Turn by Travis in case you want to check anything out.  I can provide more details also if needed.  Thanks again for this tool!!!!

8 minutes ago, blucrsr said:

@glebbAny chance that your converter would cause an issue where a few of the notes in a song are always a "miss" or "late"?.  For the past few weeks I've had a really annoying problem where I'm playing beginner songs in Score Attack or Learn a Song and am constantly missing a few notes.  If I switch to riff repeater (100% difficulty and speed) I get them right all of the time.  This doesn't seem to happen on any out-of-box songs.  This weeks song was Turn by Travis in case you want to check anything out.  I can provide more details also if needed.  Thanks again for this tool!!!!

Anything is possible, but I highly doubt it. The conversion process doesn't touch the actual note data in any way, it just unpacks the song to bunch of files, does some string replacements and then packs it up again. It's very simple. I can try the Travis song and let you know if I notice anything, but I suspect it's just how the CDLCs are in generally.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, glebb said:

Anything is possible, but I highly doubt it. The conversion process doesn't touch the actual note data in any way, it just unpacks the song to bunch of files, does some string replacements and then packs it up again. It's very simple. I can try the Travis song and let you know if I notice anything, but I suspect it's just how the CDLCs are in generally.

Tried the Travis song. The note detection was quite terrible for me too (lead guitar). I kept missing even basic power chords every now and then. To me it looks like that especially the strumming parts are not charted 100% on time. I cannot say for sure, but I still believe it's something to do with the cdlc itself, not the conversion process. What it comes to riff repeater, I've found it to me much more forgiving than score attack in generally.

That being said, the best I managed (when focusing on what I saw on the screen, not what I heard) I still couldn't get 100%, but 99.09. h6MTkpw.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy