Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

  • Donations


glebb last won the day on January 24

glebb had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

13 Good

About glebb

  • Rank
    Beginner Guitarist

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling

Recent Profile Visitors

164 profile views
  1. Awesome! Thank you for helping me test it! I never knew it had issues on Big Sur before this.
  2. New test release available. As I don't have Big Sur, it's kind of a blind fix but let's see if it does anything: https://github.com/glebb/rocksmithconvert/releases/download/2.0.0-alpha5/Rocksmith.2014.CDLC.convert.pc.mac.2.0.0-alpha5.zip
  3. Aha, it seems like there might a problem with the PyQt5 library and Big Sur. My macs are so old that they don't even run Big Sur so I haven't been able to test it with it. There seems to be some workarounds. Stay tuned for update
  4. Interesting, thanks for this. I didn't explain myself properly earlier, but that icon right next to the platypus one (on right) is the second icon I was asking about (with the text exec on the icon), and those processes "RSConvert_GUI" are both related to that (that's the actual program running two processes). 99.9% seems a bit excessive though, yes I think I need to compile a debug version to get some more specific data on what's going on. It clearly goes into some sort of infinite loop hogging all the cpu, and if it doesn't even show the GUI it's probably related to the GUI framework. What
  5. All help is appreciated, thank you! First of all, can you see whether 2.0 opens anything on the osx dock? It should pop up two icons/apps there, the one with platypus on yellow background (same as version 1.1, Rocksmtih 2014 CDLC convert pc mac) and then the actual GUI which on my system looks like a terminal window with green "exec" text in it (RSConvert_GUI). These should also show in system monitor.
  6. I pushed a new release (2.0.0-alpha4 - 03/20/21). It's a test version which tries to address the GUI not showing up, but so far I haven't been able to reproduce the problem myself so there's no guarantees for the fix. I'd appreciate if you test it out and report back whether it works or not. The version 1.1 is still the latest stable version, you can always use that. You can download it from the github releases page.
  7. You can allow osx run the app by clicking the apple icon from the top left of the screen, selecting System Preferences / Security & Privacy / General and at the bottom of that dialog it should have a notification that conversion app has been blocked. You can allow to run it from there. This is only needed when running the app for the first time.
  8. You're welcome! Thank you for testing the new version. I'll look into it regarding what could cause such behavior.
  9. Make sure you download the .zip file, not the source package. So from the releases page download the latest zip package (currently either Rocksmith.2014.CDLC.convert.pc.mac.2.0.0-alpha3.zip which is the latest "test" version (I hope you test it), and if that gives you problems you can try the "official latest" 1.1 version Rocksmith.2014.CDLC.convert.pc.mac.1.1.zip.)
  10. Can you grab a screenshot or copy paste the text from the terminal when you run the patch? E.g for me, running the patch produces following output in terminal (I've already run the patch perviously and everything works, and the patcher notices it):
  11. New alpha version released for testing. Complete rewrite, now with proper UI, saved settings, auto-processing and overall faster processing. This is more of a hobby project for me, so if version 1.1 works for you, no need to update (unless new features such as auto-processing seem interesting). As this is in alpha stage, expect bugs (please report them as github issues).
  12. There's a feature request for Rocksniffer for this. I also hope it gets implemented https://github.com/kokolihapihvi/RockSniffer/issues/24
  13. Cool, I'm glad it's proven to be useful! I've been working on a new version, now with a proper user interface to save few clicks (and remembering settings like target folder etc) and to make the conversion process much faster. I'm hoping to add some other features as well, but it's still very much work in progress. In the mean time the current version should serve well enough. Teaser picture attached
  14. After getting some requests / feedback I decided to publish my simple app to convert CDLC between PC and MAC. The details and download link can be found from this url: https://github.com/glebb/rocksmithconvert Here's a short video on how it operates: The version now is 1.1, but I don't expect it evolve much from this, besides bug fixes. Besides converting, it can be used to create short-filename versions of cdlc files. It should work on osx versions starting from 10.12 (Sierra). If you have any issues, please reply here or report an issue on Github page.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy