CDLC causes RS to crash after tuning

I'm having this issue with 2 customs that I've made, and it's never occurred with any of the songs I've previously released. I haven't done anything differently outside of my normal process.

Here are the two packages in question:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ubhyopnao7k5mwu/AAC4aplsaspODlmrr0jCmVJZa?dl=0

I've already tried the following potential fixes:

- repacking with both the last stable version of the toolkit as well as the most recent beta
- packaging without DDC
- regenerating the .wem, both manually through WWise and through the Toolkit's command line access
- deleting all RS events and recreating them from scratch in EoF
- re-importing all tones and arrangements into the toolkit

At this point, I'm at a loss to figure out the cause. Obviously, let me know if any further information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Edit - Got All Along the Watchtower to work. I actually think it was because some of the notes weren't grid snapped. It must have happened when I made some slight adjustments to the sync recently. Good call Plum! Can't get it to work w DD though, but I'll bring that up elsewhere.

However, the other package still does not work. Still tinkering with it.

• Like 1

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

All Along the Watchtower with bass?!! Somebody help this man!

I wish I had any ideas for fixing this. Every time I've had problems with the freeze after tuning I fixed it by using the .ogg file (or maybe the .wav? I forget which I've used) in the Toolkit and letting the Toolkit do its thing. It sounds like you've done that and pretty much all of the other obvious things that you might try, though.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Yes, with bass :)

Worst case, I could just resync it and copy/paste the notes over to another instance of EoF. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Plus, I'm not sure if this is some sort of genuine bug that the devs may want an opportunity to squash.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

when something weird happened to my custom, and I suspected something wrong in the xml generated by EOF, I generated the DD, than generated the generated DD with DD remover.

sometimes magic is worth a try ?

Or maybe it's a chance by millions that the ID's of an arrangement in the toolkit might have been used, (if not a conflict in the name)

@@Brooklyn_Sounds I'd guess that yours is a slightly different issue, as you were able to get it working without DD. I'd had a few like that, but none since using DDC v2.7

@@TomSawyer2112 couldn't hurt to try that, I suppose. Seems so crazy it just might work :) I'll post back here if it does.

@@GetTheLedOut, last changes regarding ScrollSpeed could cause this, I need help with finding right progression.

Thanks for having a look.

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean, though. Are you saying that this could be caused by a bug in a recent build? Or that I should try changing the scroll speed? :)

@@Alex360 ok cool I'll try that build for now and see how it turns out. I should by able to post back here with the result within the hour.

@@GetTheLedOut, showlights issue, damn. you'll get it working if you off venue mode, but you need to remove showlights from DD version and pack it with shwolights from NDD version, this should be fixed too :(

• Like 2

• Developer

I have tried packing with showlights, and without showlights, with vocals and no vocals all still cause game to hang.  I removed all DD except first one in EOF and the song works with showlights and vocals.  So it is something to do with DD, IMO.  Not sure what but EOF reports that it does not like hand positions or something similar.   I would suggest removing all DD and try repacking with current beta version of toolkit.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Try re-snapping the notes in EoF and saving again.  I've read before that slightly off sync notes (before new sections) can cause bother for DD.

And what type of crash is it?  Hanging and can hear guitar, hanging with no guitar sound, or a straight out "RS has stopped working"?

It was a full on "RS has stopped working crash." The grid snapping issue had crossed my mind, but I literally charted every note in EoF during the creation process, so I know they were grid snapped :)

Many thanks to @@cozy1 and @@Alex360 because I was able to get it working without DD using the latest beta. I do recall trying this once before, so I don't know why it worked now  :lol: 

Once I do some more tests, I'll post this over in the DDC area so that it may eventually get addressed.

• Developer

@GetTheLeadOut "I do recall trying this once before, so I don't know why it worked now"  Think hard what was different (possibly some DD remover option was different).  And please post fix/settings so we all can learn.  Thanks.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• 1 month later...

So, I was able to get this working finally. Thanks everyone for your input! I think resetting the offset to zero is what finally stopped it from crashing after tuning.

I usually do not have the offset at zero in my projects - just the way I tend to do things. I have no idea if there's really a "right or wrong" on that.

However, I have a new problem :)

It seems that something related to showlights is missing from the .psarc since the in-game venue does not display. The bass arrangement has a completely black backround while the lead part has the sort of "generic" backdrop. How might fix this?

Here's the .psarc if needed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zal63i4qhlkki59/Jimi-Hendrix-Experience-The_All-ALong-the-Watchtower_v1_p.psarc?dl=0

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy