Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 94

Mortalo

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes :)

Another cool milestone this week - I have now done 10 weeks in the Championship !

Welp, back to playing...thought I had higher scores...be right back

I think we all hoped you'd forget :)

@@NoonyDeloony Hope you didn't go overboard on the Jameson's -  it's been the root cause of some of my most epic hangovers !

• Like 2

Need yet one week for practice this song, sure i can learn it more good. Now everywhere in simple places some misses. And total failed solo, some time good, some time fail, in video fail :) I can not rerecord more good, bcs of rubbed fingers

There video what I have achieved this week:

• Like 3

Need yet one week for practice this song, sure i can learn it more good. Now everywhere in simple places some misses. And total failed solo, some time good, some time fail, in video fail :) I can not rerecord more good, bcs of rubbed fingers

Cool, thanks!

Anyway, since no one else has rated my DLC on quality, I'll give it a go (most guitar stuff based on this playthrough).

Lead guitar

Tab - 7. There were a few places where I think things could be shifted around for playability, most notably the arpeggios (not marked as such) in the intro to the solo. I'm not sure why I have two notes pretty far apart on the G string when I could have put the lower one on D. Also, probably made the sustains too short on some of the bends in the solo, and some other miscellaneous things. Kind of a shame that it's now Saturday so I can't fix those things for this week. As noted before, there's a lead bit in the outro that's not tabbed. Might be a 6, actually?

Sync - Actually, the sync isn't that good at the moment. Fixing!

Tones - 7-8? I'm actually surprised how well these work. Not perfect, but I'm quite happy with how they turned out.

Rhythm guitar - similar to lead for sync and tones, but most of the problems for the tab vanish, so tab gets upgraded to a 9.

Bass

Tab - 9. Maybe some adjustments could have been made for playability - there's one riff that I usually play differently than how I have it tabbed. Might also be easier to play the part of the verse riff with the octave cleanly if you move that bit up the neck and introduce a bit more hand shifting, which there would always be room for with the open notes.

Tones - 8. Feel like it does a pretty good job.

I won't enter these into the official boxes in the spreadsheet, but if you don't disagree, feel free to use them!

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@albatross213 This tone from Slayer - stain of mind. :blush:  Your tone is barely hear and a bit noisy for my.

And i agree there is position which will be good change. especially arpeggio 5th string 7-12( 8-13) then stroke down 432 (2min), unplayable for me without misses and no chance for good sounds.

And i not sure in right time position chords F5, C5-G5  sounds a bit early (an example 35 sec), and one of notes too an example 1:55 G str 11 fret (in row 12-11-9), too early seems, if play as want with music get miss.

• Like 1

@@albatross213 This tone from Slayer - stain of mind. :blush:  Your tone is barely hear and a bit noisy for my.

And i agree there is position which will be good change. especially arpeggio 5th string 7-12( 8-13) then stroke down 432 (2min), unplayable for me without misses and no chance for good sounds.

And i not sure in right time position chords F5, C5-G5  sounds a bit early (an example 35 sec), and one of notes too an example 1:55 G str 11 fret (in row 12-11-9), too early seems, if play as want with music get miss.

Yeah, I've just been going through it and realized the sync and rhythm of notes are kind of shitty in places. Fixing it now, along with the other things I've noticed. Probably should have gone through at the beginning of the week  :D.

• Like 1

Alright, version 2.0 should fix most of the problems that I noticed. I also changed the tones to the one @ suggested. I'll probably wait for feedback on this before updating the record.

@, any chance you can take a look, given the state of your fingers?

• Like 1

I just wanted to make own one on that song... So will go and do it, and we will have 2 videos! And thx for this, this track is one of the rare tracks with grouling (screaming??) I like.

• Like 1

Rocksmith 2014 Championship
Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

Signature stolen with minimal changes from @MaZtoR :)

@@albatross213 I like changins on arpeggio 7-12. Sounds good and learnable.

And not very like slide in the end solo 12-13, HO was more good. Timing seems ok.

I thought it sounded a bit more like a slide, though I guess there's not much difference when it's one fret. I can change it back. Won't bother doing it before the close of this week's competition, though.

I just wanted to make own one on that song... So will go and do it, and we will have 2 videos! And thx for this, this track is one of the rare tracks with grouling (screaming??) I like.

Have played it for 2 hours, and what try do you think apeered the best, the THIRD one!! I really need some pscyhological training to stop became sloppy when playing more or after something starting go right and I became afraid that I will make mistakes.

And started to make it: downloaded 2 free video editors, both crashed LOL So I stoped on Movie Maker + Audacity. Created it as video file, but now can't find how to upload it on youtube (have never done it...)??? Googled it :)

When mixing guitar I've made middle in original quiter to make my guitar sound more hearable. And of course there are some sensational fails in easy places and solo (interestingly that I've never made that mistake on e string ending before). Also I don't know why that glow on hit is disappering after restart. That is my first video, so advices are welcome...

• Like 2

Rocksmith 2014 Championship
Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

Signature stolen with minimal changes from @MaZtoR :)

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@TrbInTrbIn you need to start your own youtube channel, then it's enough to drag and drop.... (and wait)

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so here goes final difficulty scores for week 94 songs:
Elbow - Grounds for Divorce: Lead 3, Rhythm N/A, Bass 3
Jethro Tull - Cross-Eyed Mary: Lead 5, Rhythm 3, Bass 5
Sigh - Corpsecry: Lead 7, Rhythm 7, Bass 7
BABYMETAL - Headbangeeeeerrrrr!!!!!: Lead 9, Rhythm 8, Bass 4
I give you one day for final comments. Tomorrow I will submit that scores.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures