Slash Solos Compilation - beta.

ZagatoZee

@PC Plum and I have been messing about with a compilation of Slash Solos for about a week now.

25 solos and riffs, from 9 songs in 20 minutes.

Lead, Rhythm and Bass are included - this is really intended as a Lead CDLC primarily (Plum forced me to add Rhytyhm/Bass) - however please provide any feedback you can, stating which path you played.

We already have picked up a few very minor issues with the CDLC that will be tweaked prior to database submission, this release is intended to try and find any others.

For the moment, basic tones are applied to prevent game crashing - no custom tones(yet).

DD is applied and seems to be working (please feel free to extensively test this).

Very minimal work has been done on the tech notes - another week of work is likely needed to make them amazing - however my free time doesn't really allow that for the moment - maybe in a future update.

Please, any and all feedback welcome.

PC with DD - https://copy.com/g4AhM7kcDKVkWTed?download=1 - (DD options used, v.2.6 - Default / Default Phrase length 15)

PC without DD - https://copy.com/yAyog3daCMJ6Xori?download=1

• Like 1

@@ZagatoZee, some feedback here:

could you put song by song, not mix em up please(dunno what others think)
I noticed it missing lots of pinch harmonics and has some wrongly charted slides, that needs to be hunted down, I can't say much bout bends, it seems ok for me. welp you included almost whole sweet child of mine :D and lot's of welcome to the jungle too, we could just go and play it instead, well I did so after playing this custom, thank you :)

ah, tones, it seems its fits, but you need one acoustic tone and add autotone there, and it's ok, well I can hear me playing, that's good!

Cheers Alex, I appreciate the feedback.

They are all in order...... Tracks are in order as they appear on the Greatest Hits album (where the audio came from to keep it consistent levels wise) and the solo's / riffs are in the order they come in each track.

Fair call on Sweet Child, I cut the 6 minute track down to about 2:30 of playing - but that track has just that much of Slash soloing / riffing that it can't really be cut down too much more, I had contemplated ditching the opening riff to trim things down more - but as the whole CDLC came in under 20 mins I decided I could keep it, since it is rather iconic.

Jungle is 4:30 cut down to about a minute in the CDLC - maybe 45 seconds of actual playing - perhaps it just feels like more once you are into it?

As for tones, I normally don't bother that much with them, but I think I'm going to have to on this one.

I need an acoustic, a general Slash/appetite era tone and one with wah for Civil War at-least..... Never mind the Izzy & Duff tones. I'm still messing about with other peoples CDLC's, trying to find the "right ones" to steal from as time permits.

• Administrator

for the tones, have a look at the velvet revolver ones, that might be of a big help for you

But first you seriously need to review the tab, between al the slides that are not set or wrongly mark as pitch slides when they are unpitch and such. Also the bends needs all a good verification between the double stop that should have only one note bend when both note have a bend in game and other places where complex bend are just non existent when they are supposed to.

I would also bother with the FHP and the chord fingering/handshape indication cause this is gonna be a major factor when learning such a cdlc and will amazingly change how easy the tab will be to read.

As a minor detail, you could add some information about the solo we are playing in the lyrics part, at least the song where it's from not everyone will recognize it just by hearing the solo...

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I haven't played the guitar parts yet but I played the bass (easier to tune down :D ).  There isn't much tech in them so just roll back the sustain slightly.  An easy way would be to select all notes then (with grid snap on) roll down the mouse wheel two clicks.  That should sort 90% of them, then the rest to taste (with longer pauses between playing).

As for bass tones I was using the tone from 3 Doors Down - When I'm Gone for the slower songs and the bass tone from the Rocksmith Theme (unlockable song) for the faster paced songs, and they seemed to fit extremely well.  The only exception is Paradise, where I also used the Rocksmith Theme tone.

If you know how to get at them all the better, if not I can post them.

There are also some bass tabs that are not correct.  There is an easy fix for the little riff near the end of Sweet Child (steal the bass notes from the chords in Rhythm) and the rest I will need to play some more.  Maybe justgimmethefunk can be more precise as he is an actual bass player :D

For the rest...  what @@firekorn said :D

I can help with how to add appropriate tech notes so if you are stuggling just ask.  And a tip; when I revise complex charts I find it extremely helpful to take a vid of the custom without any playing.  Then you can have the video playing and EoF open on the desktop when you go through it so you can visualise what is going to happen (or may happen) without the need for the game to be running.  And you can easily repeat little sections over and over until you decide how you want it to look.

Also, the bass is showing as "Custom Tuning".  Dodgy new toolkits pfpfpft.