Rocksmith 2014 Championships Week 19

Joey

Da Rules

(Credit to the Ubi Forums for some Ideas!):

1. Anyone may join the contest as long as he's a forum member.

2. You can play "Score Attack" On Hard or "Learn a Song" with all sections mastered (all purple):

2.1 There are three classes: Beginner, Intermediate and Masterclass.

2.2 If you enter to the contest the first time, you choose your class.

2.3 You are then leveled automatically as follows: 3x =>90% (3 weeks in a row) or 1x 98% qualifies you for the next class. If you score <=79% on a level two weeks in a row you are leveled down one class. You may choose to follow this rule or not we are very laid back on this rule as some songs are either easier or harder so if a given song in a class is too difficult for you please feel free to enter by playing the song you feel comfortable with.

2.4 Both instruments are leveled separately. 

2.5 You may only enter in one class per arrangement.

3. You may participate in all available arrangements

4. One Song is chosen for all Instruments and classes

5. Every Saturday new songs are chosen. From all participants of a class, one is chosen at random by Kaijn or fron.

5.1 Every member should put the song he/she would choose in the Song Selection List

5.2 Only 1 song per class will be selected and only custom DLC's with at least 1 arrangement for guitar and 1 arrangement for bass are allowed.

5.3 You only need to change the song in the list if you are selected. If not, you can keep the same choice, or choose another, it's up to each one of you.

5.4 On Saturday, if your name is picked and you didn't entered any song in the Song Selection List, another member will be chosen.

6. Starting with the publication of the songs, you may enter your score.

7. The scores are entered in the corresponding google doc: Leaderboard

Kaijin, Krazyone. richomat and afterdark take care of entering the scores.

8. You may post a screenshot to prove your score but you don't have to. If another competitor doubts the score you have to prove it with a screenshot. Otherwise your score is deleted.

9. Ranking is done by percentage first, then by Longest Streak.

9.1 If you play LAS (Learn a Song), you percentage will be always, xx.00%, if you prefer SA (Score Attack), your percentage will always be xx.xx%.

10. You may submit mastermode scores, but these won't be judged for the contest. Although the best masterscore will be honored separately.

11. When you choose a custom song please specify the guitar arrangement you want to play.

11.1 You may choose any song for your class as long as it's provided on the forums and has at least 1 arrangement for each instrument.

11.2 Every song is up for discussion until Sunday around 23:00 UTC. If you think a song is to hard, please let us know in the thread, so we may discuss it.

11.3 After Sunday 23:00 the songs are set and are not allowed to change.

12. The contest closes the next Saturday around 18:00 UTC

13. The winners are announced in the OP of the corresponding week's thread.

14. Rules may change without notice. So watch out.

[countdown]469514[/countdown]

Beginner: Green Day - Working Class Hero

Intermediate: Iron Maiden - Blood Brothers

Masterclass: Gun's & Roses - Sweet Child of Mine

No crash for me on Apache. But aren't shadows a little to hard for beginner level? Didn't play it on full mastered yet just checked out twice but... jesus... this will be damn challenging to learn in just a week. I'll accept it anyway (challenge is good for me) just a thought.

And BTW: I'm still in beginner class on Rhythm in the spreadsheet but already qualified for intermediate...

*EDIT*

Forget about it! Apache is absolutely playable and also my qualification for intermediate in rhythm isn't important for me since "Blood Brothers" is far beyonde my skills :mrgreen:

No crash for me on Apache. But aren't shadows a little to hard for beginner level? Didn't play it on full mastered yet just checked out twice but... jesus... this will be damn challenging to learn in just a week. I'll accept it anyway (challenge is good for me) just a thought.

And BTW: I'm still in beginner class on Rhythm in the spreadsheet but already qualified for intermediate...

its a very simple song. You will memorize it fast and that will help a lot.

(But if its acctually to hard maybe you should choose another)

This week i don´t know if i can score. I have my left hand index finger injured. Its was something stupid when i was doing maintence to my guitars. 

I really like Sweet Child o' Mine.

Maybe in 3/4 days i can play 

Let´s Rock

I have just a minor glitch with Blood Brothers.. I can not select the first section in Riff Repeater.. before starting the song it looks like there is no DD (only a yelllow line).. but when I go into Riff Repeater it looks like there is DD (purple blocks).. to train the first section I have to restart the song over and over and I am not shure if the game shows me all notes of this section..

being that I have experienced issues with the song and someone else has as well and smile is requesting the change we will choose a different beginner song. Please post your suggestions for beginner song for this week. We will give it until 7pm EST(it is now 3:24pm EST) then I will choose a beginner song. Please post your suggestions. 

SWEEEEEEET Child O' Mine :)

I missed this when it was the smithys MC song (I hadn't joined smithys by then), so I am delighted that it has made a return.

Expect a Lead score from Plum this week, when I cba changing my guitar back to Eb :)