2 People lost save data to 2 of my cdlc's!

dave5678

Question

I feel bad too. My save is fine even after playing and quitting both cdlcs using normal quit and Alt-f4 in game. They are 2 that I heard from so far. I just recreated the file using RS Toolkit 2.6.1.0 and used cdlc verifier and it says OK. I uploaded the new files. Its Justin Timberlake Senorita and Rock Your Body. This is kind of a warning, help request, and stress relief post all in one.

14 answers to this question

Is this the support group for victims of Dave's violence?  

Luckily I had made a backup save recently so I lost very little on the error so no worries from me.  I posted it in the Jammers thread and Lahelio confirmed the issue I believe.  Wasn't sure of the comment on the Rock Your Body  in terms of the version of Rocksmith - mine was purchased through Steam and is a legit version of it.  Only the 2nd song I've had issue with - had the Foo Fighters song that was originally identified as a save killer but unfortunately I didn't ever research the problem until I had the issue.  

I don't see a real issue with saves getting corrupt , I've lost several saves and it's no biggie to me , every song is still always playable, I don't pay much attention to my score , how it sounds to me is more important ( I have the guitar playing through my amp via a splitter ). Maybe it's the way I use Rocksmith. What's the worst thing about losing your save ?

I've only been playing for about a year, so tracking my progress on the songs is very useful to keep pushing myself forward.  I keep several hundred songs in my play folder so I don't remember off the top of my head which songs I might be in the 80%s vs the 70%s etc.  With a lot of songs when I'm up there at or near 100% I rarely play again unless I really like the song because I'm not really learning anything by doing that.  I could go through and start removing them from my main folder but creates more hassle for the few times when I do want to queue it up.  

This is copy paste from my topic...

First save file corrupting song is fixed !!! Metallica: Creeping Death is now fixed !!!
"it was either screwed up  sections that get imported or slide hitting 22nd fret id say most likely sections ALWAYS create your own"

And huntervandam tried 16 times, but he succeed before gave up...

Can't really help more. This far i have confirmed and listed only 10/10000 song to corrupt save... And only one is actually fixed.

But really, no bad feelings. I didn't loose any data. Thx to  madzillagd who hellbitted some and flagged first.

Just move on, if section thing won't work... and just keep on doing new awe songs.

I gladly test all new versions and surely your new songs.

Appreciate what you do, shit just happens sometimes. 

Thank you. Hat on, hat off.

It would be nice to know how many have actually played your song, 

Justin Timberlake: Rock Your Body

and restarted without issues?

You i know, How many more?

Edit: cdlc verifier seeks songs that have allready lost some data (only few bits) (good for that). Not songs that will loose data (only few bits) in save file after play. Only way to find save corrupting song is to play it AND restart. 

If save corrupters really act like you say (will not corrupt every save) there must be several others that do job. (non listed)

About 4 have been reported to me, but i couldn't confirm.

So if this case, i start to collect corrupt %. Your song case is now 75% (3/4)

More reports needed if we want more precise %. Reporter should know what issue is and how to prepare it...if shit happens.

And if shit happens without prepare (backups) use cozy1 save fix tool... 

Now that you mentionned it, my savegame was corrupted 2 times after playing these two customs in two different cessions (I had downloaded the first version). I don't know if it is the real cause but... thanks for reporting it !

It's just boring to have to recalibrate everything before playing :)

And thanks for the save game fix tool information !

[hr]All my customs are referenced there : [url=http://customsforge.com/topic/384-mat7tch1-customs/]MaT7TcH1 Customs[/url]

Feel free to contact me if you want to improve them

Now that you mentionned it, my savegame was corrupted 2 times after playing these two customs in two different cessions (I had downloaded the first version). I don't know if it is the real cause but... thanks for reporting it !

It's just boring to have to recalibrate everything before playing :)

And thanks for the save game fix tool information !

Quite many players have no idea that custom can do the job. They are only reason my save have corrupted ( about 30 times) includes lot of testing with corrupted ones... I highly recommend backups at least after every day played (fastest and most secure way)... but only if you see value to save info (favs, %, counts), or maybe just because you don't like to calibrate...

If you play random like me every new 1/1000 song will corrupt your save... that's just statics. If you are lucky you can do better or worst...

• Developer

It sounds like you have done everything reasonable to prevent game save corruption.  Regenerated the CDLC, used the verifier tool, and tested and played CDLC before releasing to the community. 

It could also be that a few users have another CDLC installed that also has the same Arrangment ID as your CDLC, though the chance is very very small.  Your CDLC users can use the Custom Game Toolkit, "StataLog" feature to identify if two CDLC songs they have installed do have the same Arrangement ID.

Also in most cases, game saves can be recovered using Game Save Gigbox tool and if that doesn't work then I offer personalized repairs.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

When i have a corrupted profile, i simply go to my profile folder and right click properties on both files, click on the tab Previous version and i restore the last working version.  But, of course, a backup of your profile (and your cdlc's) on an external drive is always better.