Can not for the life of me sync notes in EOF or even download Wwise

lilstrats

Question

Hey guys, 

Been enjoying my stay here and enjoying all the great customs, however I've reached a point where I want to tackle my own. I have watched the tutorials by Squid and PC Plum, and read the tutorial on how to create cdlcs by Darjusz.

I have EOF, the RStoolkit, and have been using tablature and guitar pro for years. So..

I started with some very basic songs, set EOF up exactly as told with most recent hotfix, imported song, double and triple checked BPM including the second method that Squid uses via. Songbpm.com 

I imported tabs ~ trying Modest Mouse's 'Dramamine' bass line and the Arcade Fire's 'Rebellion (Lies)' bass line for practice. I can not get the notes to sync with the music. I have used the bpm as said on the tab file. It all seems extremely out of sync. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I registered for Wwise and it keeps saying it can't finish installing. ??

Any tips, experience with this, links, etc. would be helpful. I don't want to give up before I've even begun. :(

~lilstrats.

6 answers to this question

• Administrator

I got ahold of a copy of go playalong. It has really saved a ton of time for tabs that won't sync well using other methods. You can set some link points and the program will recognize similar points throughout the track. Worth the 19 bucks imo.

how do you import go playalong files into EoF

Change to one of the compatible tracks in EOF (ie. use Song>Track and select any of the guitar or bass tracks with "real" in the name), use "File>Guitar Pro Import" and select the XML file that Go PlayAlong exported with the Guitar Pro file. The related Guitar Pro file must be in Guitar Pro 5 format or older, otherwise EOF will not be able to import it.

Regarding the op, there is a possibility that the tabs are mince.

A lot of GP files are authored with "fill in" bass i.e. just something to give foundation to the guitar parts, and is not accurate to the recording.

Does it play fine in GP, and sound like the real bassline?