Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 54

Mortalo

Thanks so much for the info.  what number do we use for the contest? here is my latest score on LaS and again it is over a 100.  should we just use song attack for better accuracy?

No worries~

We use accuracy. Score Attack always gives two points of accuracy, so it's technically a little better.

That doesn't make me like it, though! I just tried it for Ca and I hate all the arcade noises and all the dumb irrelevant shit flying across my screen every time I play a note. PERFECT! GOOD! PERFECT! FANTASTIC! KEEP GOING! I way prefer Learn a Song.

Rodman made me work hard. I did really well on the solo this attempt, but I fumbled some chords I definitely shouldn't have. You know... because beep boop boop beep PERFECT! PERFECT! WOW! EPIC! 

If we make sure to turn off Master Mode every time, is it okay to use the decimal point in Learn a Song for accuracy?

I don't have the annoying sounds in SA mode, you just go to the options of the game, set the game effects to 0 and they're gone.

About the info on the screen, SA is much more accurate and much less forgiving than LAS, plus the words are a good way for you to know if you're playing every note perfectly, with delay or too early, not to mention the multiplier, which allows you to see when you miss a note, etc.

In LAS, even with MM turned off, the number shown does not reflect the accuracy at all. It varies from a wide range of reasons, specially with songs that have DD, that number is not accurate at all, with or without decimal point, plus, it's very easy to cheat in LAS using RR.... when the RS2014 CS began back in Smithy Anvil, the organizers had extensive discussions about accepting LAS scores, from the 2 organizers 1 of them didn't even want to accept the LAS screenshot as a valid entry for the CS.

Although a lot of time has passed, this issue persists and that's the reason why almost everybody plays in SA mode for the CS.

I don't mean to "interfere", but since I was 1 of the 2 initial organizers (not the one that didn't want to accept LAS screenshots as valid CS entries, I was the other), I just thought I should give my opinion about this, since there was a lot of discussion back in the day and as far as valid screenshots, the same rules that applied back then still are 100% valid now.

@CS Organizers: If I stepped the line, I apologize, just wanted to make this clear since me and domsch1988 (the organizer from Smithy's that didn't want to accept LAS screenshots as valid entries) had extensive discussions about this and I think we covered all the possibilities... I know that some members don't like much to play in SA mode (I was one of them because of the annoying sounds and I only like it now cause I don't hear them anymore), but this was the best method we found to be fair to everybody.

• Like 3

I don't have the annoying sounds in SA mode, you just go to the options of the game, set the game effects to 0 and they're gone.

About the info on the screen, SA is much more accurate and much less forgiving than LAS, plus the words are a good way for you to know if you're playing every note perfectly, with delay or too early, not to mention the multiplier, which allows you to see when you miss a note, etc.

In LAS, even with MM turned off, the number shown does not reflect the accuracy at all. It varies from a wide range of reasons, specially with songs that have DD, that number is not accurate at all, with or without decimal point, plus, it's very easy to cheat in LAS using RR.... when the RS2014 CS began back in Smithy Anvil, the organizers had extensive discussions about accepting LAS scores, from the 2 organizers 1 of them didn't even want to accept the LAS screenshot as a valid entry for the CS.

Although a lot of time has passed, this issue persists and that's the reason why almost everybody plays in SA mode for the CS.

I don't mean to "interfere", but since I was 1 of the 2 initial organizers (not the one that didn't want to accept LAS screenshots as valid CS entries, I was the other), I just thought I should give my opinion about this, since there was a lot of discussion back in the day and as far as valid screenshots, the same rules that applied back then still are 100% valid now.

@CS Organizers: If I stepped the line, I apologize, just wanted to make this clear since me and domsch1988 (the organizer from Smithy's that didn't want to accept LAS screenshots as valid entries) had extensive discussions about this and I think we covered all the possibilities... I know that some members don't like much to play in SA mode (I was one of them because of the annoying sounds and I only like it now cause I don't hear them anymore), but this was the best method we found to be fair to everybody.

I'm sorry if I came across as ignorant in my passionate opinion about beeps and boops. I honestly didn't realize how much history was involved. People cheat in this? That's... pretty sad. Guess I shouldn't underestimate the lengths people are willing to go to for Internet Points! E-cred is the currency of the future.

I'll take your tip on the SFX, cleaning up the audio will make a world of difference. I can probably get used to the words everywhere - I used to play Beatmania and such which do the same thing, so I should be able to suck it up after a while.

Still, it drives me up the wall how distracting the game mode designed for competition is. There's way too many combo notifications, and the Goods and Perfects change position constantly! Agh!! 

• Like 1

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

No need to apologize for anything @@Gamut, it's perfectly normal the question(s) you asked, many members have asked them before.

Back in the day I always said that I didn't believe that people would cheat to post better scores, I just mentioned that because it's a fact and it's possible to do it.

You might have noticed that I didn't describe how you can cheat, since it's not just using RR, you need to know how to properly "trick" the game in order to get a "false" score in LAS.

That being said, and knowing the members that play in the CS, I stick with my belief and I don't think anyone do it here, I just wanted to explain why I made the statements on my post.

It took me a while to get used to SA mode, even after turning off the SFX, but since I got used to it, it's the mode I prefer to play now. I only play in LAS on the 1st runs I do on a song I never played before, just to get acquainted with the chart and in the case of NDD customs, I'll know after the 1st run if I'm able to play SA in easy, medium or hard (I don't like to get X's when playing in SA :P).

The notifications in the middle of the screen used to annoy me a little too, but I managed to focus just on the note highway and now I don't even notice them, imo it's a matter of getting used to that mode, I hope the same happens with you. :)

I apologize if I gave the wrong impression on the previous post, I was just trying to explain this matter and not criticize you in any way, since I've been there myself, so I totally understand what you're saying. :)

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Thanks so much for the info. what number do we use for the contest? here is my latest score on LaS and again it is over a 100. should we just use song attack for better accuracy?

No worries~

We use accuracy. Score Attack always gives two points of accuracy, so it's technically a little better.

That doesn't make me like it, though! I just tried it for Ca and I hate all the arcade noises and all the dumb irrelevant shit flying across my screen every time I play a note. PERFECT! GOOD! PERFECT! FANTASTIC! KEEP GOING! I way prefer Learn a Song.

http://i.imgur.com/8WDUJeg.jpg

Rodman made me work hard...

Crazy m8!!!!

I thought my Ca - career was over, but looks like it aint :)

I better get myself behind RR for the solo if i find time!

Please do me favor - keep kicking my ass :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

People cheat in this? That's... pretty sad.

I really don´t think so - wouldn´t make much sense at all

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

Thinking about that twice it would be much easier to cheat using MS paint than RR :D

This is a fun only competition - it´s really questionalble if one can get his ego pollished by a cheated first place with a score he cannot achieve...

• Like 2

@@Gamut I think you can switch off all the bells and whistles (perfect! Late! Alerts as well as the sfx) it'll all be in the advanced display settings. I hated the sfx too so they're switched to off as I was having a heart attack everytime I missed a note. As for the cheating side it is possible like @@Kaijin said but most folk have posted at least 1 video... Shame rocksmith doesn't come with webcam and video editing software :D I'm a nosey parker and like checking out folks decor when they play. :D

• Like 5

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Thinking about that twice it would be much easier to cheat using MS paint than RR  :D

This is a fun only competition - it´s really questionalble if one can get his ego pollished by a cheated first place with a score he cannot achieve...

I know, right? Grats hypothetical dude, you impressed some internet hobbyists with skills you don't actually have! :P Would take a pretty big loser to feel good about that.

@@Gamut I think you can switch off all the bells and whistles (perfect! Late! Alerts as well as the sfx) it'll all be in the advanced display settings. I hated the sfx too so they're switched to off as I was having a heart attack everytime I missed a note. As for the cheating side it is possible like @@Kaijin said but most folk have posted at least 1 video... Shame rocksmith doesn't come with webcam and video editing software :D I'm a nosey parker and like checking out folks decor when they play. :D

That's me too!! They knock me off groove so bad. I ended up spending the rest of my night playing songs for pleasure, but I'll definitely disable all the fancy effects when I get around to padding up my Tio Sam score.

It's going to be a looong time before I amass the funds for hardware good enough to handle video capture, sadly. I tried to do it once on this old rig, and the FPS was unforgivable. :( I'm really looking forward to it, though. I have aspirations to livestream Rocksmith, other video games, and jamming with friends, and get a Youtube channel going. Used to be a really good video editor back in my high school days, it'd be nice to pick up those skills again.

You'll get to see my messy room one day, Noony!

• Like 1

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

• Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Busy week, but I hit my goal on MC Bass:

2014-11-05_200510.jpg

Pretty shaky in parts even though it was a legit 100% (I hit all the notes, but my timing could definitely be better and I had a few extraneous notes in a part or two).  So as a stretch goal, I might try to improve on my score here.

• Like 5

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

MC: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=337127590I fucking love this song! I can smell 100% :D

@@steroma Linky dinks for fret board skin mods :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzwrZsjBtcJEdHVBYTlqUGE5dkk/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzwrZsjBtcJETTVKTXFEZEhZVlk/view

All royalties and thanks to @@Kaijin for those bad boys :)

• Like 6

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Much more smooth this time:

2014-11-05_201737.jpg

But I've got my work cut out for me to give @@then3verend a run for his money on score -- I think you must have been "in the pocket" as the saying goes, dude!  B)

And I agree @@NoonyDeloony, very fun song.  Looking forward to seeing you join the 100% club this week too!

• Like 7

Milkman Dan

Incredible fights MC lead and MC bass this week, and we only are halfway done ...

Really great!!!

• Like 5

I'm on a roll -- tried Adv Bass again:

2014-11-05_204716.jpg

That middle section with the slides up and down still feels weird to me, but easy enough to hit as long as I follow the on-screen chart instead of what my ear is telling me I should do.

• Like 5

Milkman Dan

Had to tune down to D Standard again and go for the clean sweep:

2014-11-05_211104.jpg

Woooo!  I think that's the first time I've ever managed a 100% on all 4 (or 3) songs in a week.  The rock gods are smiling on me!  :D

• Like 9

Milkman Dan

@MMDan - now thats a perfect week - true inspiration!!!

So watcha do now - take a vacation or grab your guitar :) :) :)

• Like 2

@MMDan - now thats a perfect week - true inspiration!!!

So watcha do now - take a vacation or grab your guitar :) :) :)

I should try my guitar on the beginner song, but I'm really rusty and was never much good to begin with!  Anything beyond a power chord might make my brain go into meltdown...

• Like 6

Milkman Dan

Go for it!!

• Like 3

Much more smooth this time:

2014-11-05_201737.jpg

But I've got my work cut out for me to give @@then3verend a run for his money on score -- I think you must have been "in the pocket" as the saying goes, dude!  B)

And I agree @@NoonyDeloony, very fun song.  Looking forward to seeing you join the 100% club this week too!

Nah, my big secret is my plasma screen hardly has any lag, so i get "Perfect" a lot easier when im in the groove.

Hence why i complained earlier this week about the lead, just couldnt get into any groove at the start.

• Like 2

Many nice scores on all songs :)

http://i.imgur.com/wQowrzQ.jpg

I have there some issue with detection at 12-th fret, after solo, where the fast row G chords (2,3,4th strings), half of them is miss, try in RR with speed 50% and same. Check intonation guitar, little fixed, and no improve, dont understand what wrong.

• Like 4

http://i.imgur.com/wQowrzQ.jpg

I have there some issue with detection at 12-th fret, after solo, where the fast row G chords (2,3,4th strings), half of them is miss, try in RR with speed 50% and same. Check intonation guitar, little fixed, and no improve, dont understand what wrong.

Very impressive score, m8!!!

No, those are registered well here, i have the same issue at the two series of e's at the end 2nd,3rd string, 7/9 fret...

Just my inadequate playing technique...

Real fun song