Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 54

Mortalo

Hi folks, I remind you of Song Selection List. Add your song selections there, adding your opinion on that song difficulty score. Add your name if it's not there already.

Talking about that every week can be boring, so let me tell you how songs are selected for weeks Championship.

I start with duplicating Song Selection List sheet. Then I'm sorting it by lead difficulty scores (fear not, if there is no lead score I'm trying to fill it, with either suggested score, or with score that I can be right about [though it can turn bad, and I have to select other song, that's why I highly appreciate if you try to put your score, so at least I know in which class to put it], if there is no lead path, I'm filling lead column with rhythm score). Having songs sorted, I can run RNG (random.org does the job) and select song for each lead class. Having 4 songs selected I'm running Rocksmith to declare difficulty scores for other paths, but also to check if lead scores were done right. Sometimes I'm passing on playing song if I see that it's difficulty scores are already done or suggested, but it's happening when I lack time, so I try to check them out. After I know the songs, I can sort them and put to appropriate classes for rhythm and bass. As an example I can use this week Amorphis song. It was selected as MC lead song, after playing it I was able to put it in rhythm Beg and bass Int because of this paths difficulty.

Heh, I wrote so much about checking songs, emphasasing on it's difficulty. And I'm really happy about that. As the idea of playing songs before starting week, came to see if song is done well, if it's working and have RR, tone, is good quality. I'm really happy that there is more and more cdlc's of higher quality and you're selecting this ones. (PS. I'm way too inexperienced to tell when there is something wrong with tabs, so I still need you :P )

Uff, I hope that I didn't made it overly complicated, and you've got an idea how we're selecting songs. I hope I didn't forgot about anything, nonetheless I'm looking forward to see your song selections, especially since we've got so many new faces here.

Enjoy!

• Like 7

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Can anyone to make the record playthrough a song by Amorphis? I can not imagine how it is possible to play. :)

I just need a camera haha

But it's not that hard, you need to practice the alternate picking, and some speed. In the main riff, if you alternate picking, and also you alternate between the G and the B string, you will have a great score! 

9A7alLl.jpg

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Can anyone to make the record playthrough a song by Amorphis? I can not imagine how it is possible to play. :)

But it's not that hard, you need to practice the alternate picking, and some speed. In the main riff, if you alternate picking, and also you alternate between the G and the B string, you will have a great score! 

like this  :D

http://s14.directupload.net/images/141105/h3y227iz.jpg

• Like 10
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Hi folks, I remind you of Song Selection List. Add your song selections there, adding your opinion on that song difficulty score. Add your name if it's not there already.

Talking about that every week can be boring, so let me tell you how songs are selected for weeks Championship.

I start with duplicating Song Selection List sheet. Then I'm sorting it by lead difficulty scores (fear not, if there is no lead score I'm trying to fill it, with either suggested score, or with score that I can be right about [though it can turn bad, and I have to select other song, that's why I highly appreciate if you try to put your score, so at least I know in which class to put it], if there is no lead path, I'm filling lead column with rhythm score). Having songs sorted, I can run RNG (random.org does the job) and select song for each lead class. Having 4 songs selected I'm running Rocksmith to declare difficulty scores for other paths, but also to check if lead scores were done right. Sometimes I'm passing on playing song if I see that it's difficulty scores are already done or suggested, but it's happening when I lack time, so I try to check them out. After I know the songs, I can sort them and put to appropriate classes for rhythm and bass. As an example I can use this week Amorphis song. It was selected as MC lead song, after playing it I was able to put it in rhythm Beg and bass Int because of this paths difficulty.

Heh, I wrote so much about checking songs, emphasasing on it's difficulty. And I'm really happy about that. As the idea of playing songs before starting week, came to see if song is done well, if it's working and have RR, tone, is good quality. I'm really happy that there is more and more cdlc's of higher quality and you're selecting this ones. (PS. I'm way too inexperienced to tell when there is something wrong with tabs, so I still need you :P )

Uff, I hope that I didn't made it overly complicated, and you've got an idea how we're selecting songs. I hope I didn't forgot about anything, nonetheless I'm looking forward to see your song selections, especially since we've got so many new faces here.

Enjoy!

I'm actually terrified to put my selections in, in case I mess up the table. I am rubbish with editing documents (I worked in admin for years by winging it and asking other people to update that shit for me :).) But I do have a few songs I'd like putting on the song selection list... I know I've put one in already but I can't for the life of me work out how to add more! I'm pretty computer savvy apart from these types of documents, so apologies for not entering more in :(

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

• Like 5
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

I'm actually terrified to put my selections in, in case I mess up the table. I am rubbish with editing documents (I worked in admin for years by winging it and asking other people to update that shit for me :).) But I do have a few songs I'd like putting on the song selection list... I know I've put one in already but I can't for the life of me work out how to add more! I'm pretty computer savvy apart from these types of documents, so apologies for not entering more in :(

Don't be afraid, it's super easy~

1) Click the row above where you want another entry.

2) Go to "Insert" menu > "Row Below"

3) A blank row appears! Click each box and type in the bar to add to each heading.

• Like 3

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

Could someone please post a Mac version of Ça (C'est Vraiment Toi)? I'm trying to convert it, but the toolkit won't open and just keeps bouncing. Thank you very much! :)

was no problem with the toolkit

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lpg46lkn8nnpdvx/AADUgIH1x6QF1zmgtnjcQiNaa?dl=0

• Like 1

Could someone please post a Mac version of Ça (C'est Vraiment Toi)? I'm trying to convert it, but the toolkit won't open and just keeps bouncing. Thank you very much! :)

was no problem with the toolkit

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lpg46lkn8nnpdvx/AADUgIH1x6QF1zmgtnjcQiNaa?dl=0

Thanks!! Here is my score (and first entry to the championship!) If I beat this score, can I post a new score?

http://i.imgur.com/0LcQcur.png

• Like 7

@@lolreconlol -- Welcome to the fun!

Yep, whenever you beat your score (actually the *accuracy* number shown at the end of playing the song is really the most important part, but then if there is a tie for accuracy longest streak and Score Attack score are used for tiebreaking) just post a new screenshot.

And don't worry about posting too many screenshots or anything (well, within reason anyway) -- we often like to post a screenshot from the very first time we play a song and then update through the week to show how we're progressing.  But that isn't a rule or anything -- even if you post only 1 screenshot of your best run at the end of the week it will still count.  Although I think a good part of the fun is gabbing and bragging (and complementing others too) along the way during the week.  :lol:

• Like 4

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

Oh, and to all:

I blew the dust off of my Epiphone Korina Explorer 6-string (actually it was fine in its hardcase) and tried the Telephone song in the lead path.  I got 92% accuracy ....

... at 40% playback speed in RR.  When I get off work today I'll see what that translates into at 100%.  It won't be pretty, but it is kinda fun to try to get back into the guitar after being 99.99% bass for so long.  :)

• Like 5

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

Damn...just like that 

• Like 3

9A7alLl.jpg

Back from holidays but looks like i missed out on my song selection last week  :(. No matter.....i still suck at playing Pretty Fly! Played it again this week and can't get above 90%.

Anyhoo, this week. The French tune is very catchy....no idea what they're singing about though. I've got the main riff covered at speed now, but still struggling with accuracy on the chords.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ljadlnity3np77a/2014-11-06_00001.jpg?dl=0

• Like 4

@@lolreconlol Welcome, great you are here!

You can post updates as often as you like

You can play any path and class you like and post the scores!

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Oh, and to all:

I got 92% accuracy ....

... at 40% playback speed in RR. 

Now you really had me shocked for a sec!

Can´t wait to see your scores - great you join the sixstringers, too :)

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

Damn...just like that 

@Nacho @Frip: R you serious? - You guys are crazy, i love it!!!

• Like 1

@@NoonyDeloony I usually right-click on row number (at left side). Insert 1 above/below adds new row. But you can enter your score below other scores. It's no problem for me to sort it afterwards :)

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures