Help with creating Sections in Riff Repeater

TheAnswer989

Question

Can anyone tell me why my sections are not working in Riff Repeater? They worked perfectly for two other customs I made (John Mayer "Edge of Desire" and Brand New "The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows"), but they haven't been working for my newer customs, like Blink 182 "Up All Night."

I've uploaded my entire "Up All Night" folder here:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u058vanu2swbbqt/AACYFy_UHjPNMZCMYqluELvFa It has the EOF files and anything else you'll need. You can also use the "Import Package" function in the Rocksmith Toolkit on one of my newer customs.

Here is a video of what happens:

http://youtu.be/_fRUmTagiEI

Notice how Riff Repeater will only skip around or just select a bunch of sections at once.

9 answers to this question

You need to create the sections (and phrases) in EOF.  Start at the beginning, click on the beat marker where the first section starts and hit shift + S  -- choose one of the names offered, and check the place phrase option too. (Similarly named sections/phrases will level up at the same time in the game). Add as many sections as you need -- you can break up difficult passages with multiple sections if you like.

You need to create the sections (and phrases) in EOF.  Start at the beginning, click on the beat marker where the first section starts and hit shift + S  -- choose one of the names offered, and check the place phrase option too. (Similarly named sections/phrases will level up at the same time in the game). Add as many sections as you need -- you can break up difficult passages with multiple sections if you like.

This is exactly what I've done on all my customs. It still doesn't work properly.

I tried to add DD on your "psarc" file and RR works correctly.

In the DDC log file, there are many handshapes adjustments and I think your issue is caused by the fact that your notes and chords are not correctly synchronized with the rhythm bars (you moved the notes instead of the vertical bars during the sync process in EOF).

If you want to have functional RR without DD inside (works only with DDC v2.5) :

- Apply DD with DDC tab of the Toolkit on each XML file

- Open each XML file with a text editor and remove the "transcriptionTrack" tag and all of its content

- Use DDC tab again on this new XML file with the "ddc_dd_remover" ramp-up model

- Repack your song with this new XML files

For your next customs, try to respect the rules in my signature, so you will able to do CDLCs faster and without using DDC   ;)

This has happened in a couple of my customs, but not as bad as what you posted in your vid.  I usually make many more sections too, so it is not so noticable.

I really don't know what causes it, but it not just you.

I would follow Chilipouni's advice :)

I tried to add DD on your "psarc" file and RR works correctly.

In the DDC log file, there are many handshapes adjustments and I think your issue is caused by the fact that your notes and chords are not correctly synchronized with the rhythm bars (you moved the notes instead of the vertical bars during the sync process in EOF).

If you want to have functional RR without DD inside (works only with DDC v2.5) :

- Apply DD with DDC tab of the Toolkit on each XML file

- Open each XML file with a text editor and remove the "transcriptionTrack" tag and all of its content

- Use DDC tab again on this new XML file with the "ddc_dd_remover" ramp-up model

- Repack your song with this new XML files

For your next customs, try to respect the rules in my signature, so you will able to do CDLCs faster and without using DDC   ;)

This has happened in a couple of my customs, but not as bad as what you posted in your vid.  I usually make many more sections too, so it is not so noticable.

I really don't know what causes it, but it not just you.

I would follow Chilipouni's advice :)

All right, thanks a lot for the help everyone! I knew I wasn't syncing my customs the correct way in EOF, but I never tried to learn the proper method. This definitely convinced me to!