Jump to content

  • 0

Help with creating Sections in Riff Repeater


TheAnswer989
 Share

Question

Can anyone tell me why my sections are not working in Riff Repeater? They worked perfectly for two other customs I made (John Mayer "Edge of Desire" and Brand New "The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows"), but they haven't been working for my newer customs, like Blink 182 "Up All Night."

 

I've uploaded my entire "Up All Night" folder here:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u058vanu2swbbqt/AACYFy_UHjPNMZCMYqluELvFa It has the EOF files and anything else you'll need. You can also use the "Import Package" function in the Rocksmith Toolkit on one of my newer customs.

 

Here is a video of what happens:

http://youtu.be/_fRUmTagiEI

Notice how Riff Repeater will only skip around or just select a bunch of sections at once.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

You need to create the sections (and phrases) in EOF.  Start at the beginning, click on the beat marker where the first section starts and hit shift + S  -- choose one of the names offered, and check the place phrase option too. (Similarly named sections/phrases will level up at the same time in the game). Add as many sections as you need -- you can break up difficult passages with multiple sections if you like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

You need to create the sections (and phrases) in EOF.  Start at the beginning, click on the beat marker where the first section starts and hit shift + S  -- choose one of the names offered, and check the place phrase option too. (Similarly named sections/phrases will level up at the same time in the game). Add as many sections as you need -- you can break up difficult passages with multiple sections if you like.

 

This is exactly what I've done on all my customs. It still doesn't work properly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I tried to add DD on your "psarc" file and RR works correctly.

In the DDC log file, there are many handshapes adjustments and I think your issue is caused by the fact that your notes and chords are not correctly synchronized with the rhythm bars (you moved the notes instead of the vertical bars during the sync process in EOF).

 

If you want to have functional RR without DD inside (works only with DDC v2.5) :

- Apply DD with DDC tab of the Toolkit on each XML file

- Open each XML file with a text editor and remove the "transcriptionTrack" tag and all of its content

- Use DDC tab again on this new XML file with the "ddc_dd_remover" ramp-up model

- Repack your song with this new XML files

 

For your next customs, try to respect the rules in my signature, so you will able to do CDLCs faster and without using DDC   ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

This has happened in a couple of my customs, but not as bad as what you posted in your vid.  I usually make many more sections too, so it is not so noticable.

 

I really don't know what causes it, but it not just you.

 

I would follow Chilipouni's advice :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I tried to add DD on your "psarc" file and RR works correctly.

In the DDC log file, there are many handshapes adjustments and I think your issue is caused by the fact that your notes and chords are not correctly synchronized with the rhythm bars (you moved the notes instead of the vertical bars during the sync process in EOF).

 

If you want to have functional RR without DD inside (works only with DDC v2.5) :

- Apply DD with DDC tab of the Toolkit on each XML file

- Open each XML file with a text editor and remove the "transcriptionTrack" tag and all of its content

- Use DDC tab again on this new XML file with the "ddc_dd_remover" ramp-up model

- Repack your song with this new XML files

 

For your next customs, try to respect the rules in my signature, so you will able to do CDLCs faster and without using DDC   ;)

 

 

This has happened in a couple of my customs, but not as bad as what you posted in your vid.  I usually make many more sections too, so it is not so noticable.

 

I really don't know what causes it, but it not just you.

 

I would follow Chilipouni's advice :)

 

 

All right, thanks a lot for the help everyone! I knew I wasn't syncing my customs the correct way in EOF, but I never tried to learn the proper method. This definitely convinced me to! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy