How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

SoI just went and used the current installer in the first page. Not only it fixed Rocksmith (it just launched straight away), I also downloaded a few songs and it's all perfect! No fumbling with my threads needed!

It's ironic that the way fix and be able to play a game I paid for is by using this. Even if I didn't want all the community created songs.

THank you all for doing this. Ubisoft should be thanking you, too!

• Like 1

OK, I Can Not figure out how to get CustomsForge to work with Steam and Rocksmith 2014 Remastered for the life of me on my PC. I've been trying for years now. Yes, I watched the tutorial videos on YouTube.  I managed to get Rocksmith to work on Steam, but I CAN NOT get any CLDC to work in Steam. I know technology is not my friend and can barely work my computer! I am so beyond pissed off; I can't even convey it to you online without getting band for life before I get to try and play one fracking song. I've been trying to learn to play Bass with RS2014 for over 10 years now. And when I found out that I can get free songs from CF to play RS2014 on Steam I bought it all over again because CF does not work on my PS4 where I started. WTF!!!!!! How do I make the CLDC's work on my laptop! I do Not know anyone that codes or knows anything about computers to help me out either before you ask. I don't know where I am screwing it up at, but it does not work for me. How can I get help to fix this so it works, and I can use CF with Steam and RS2014 on my PC? I am finally going to give up on it if I can't get help from someone. LOL, I'm probably not even posting this in the right spot, but it said Get Help Here, so I am. PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!!!!! 

16 hours ago, Sloper said:

OK, I Can Not figure out how to get CustomsForge to work with Steam and Rocksmith 2014 Remastered for the life of me on my PC. I've been trying for years now. …

Ok, no worries. Let’s take it one step at a time.

1. Start with a fresh, clean RS u der Steam. Get rid of the thing and re-download through Steam. We want to get rid of any invisible hiccups.

2. Make sure RS runs normally.

3. IF it does, run the latest installer for PC. If you get any guff about viruses you’ll just have to swallow hard and go ahead. (If you can’t proceed at this point, let us know.

4. Repeat step 2.

If you get past step 4 we’ll worry about CDLC next.

Sorry about the pedantry, but it’s the best road to success….

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I need some help here. I have tried this at least 10 times, but the songs do not show up in my DLC. Am I missing something?

* I have Rocksmith 2014 on Steam.

* Download the DLC tool from CustomsForge to my desktop (opened with no errors)

* Download songs from the CustomsForge website to my desktop. Drag and Drop song file into my Rocksmith DLC Folder  

* Open Rocksmith, but none of the songs are showing up in -  game.

Did I miss a step?

@ GHST316 Did you run the installer? (I assume PC means Windows; the latest installer should take care of the various CPU configurations and doesn’t require rekeying to Cherub Rock. You *may* need at least one purchased DLC—I’m on Mac so @ Sniper Reload3d  can maybe help here.

Also, none of this will work unless it’s a purchased copy of RS (I mention it for completeness).

HTH

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Beat said:

the latest installer should take care of the various CPU configurations and doesn’t require rekeying to Cherub Rock. You *may* need at least one purchased DLC

If he is using Windows the latest installer does not require a oDLC. (Refer to your Nov 23 post.) Would need to verify as you said if the installer was run, and if it put the .dll in the main folder that has the rocksmith.exe, and that the cdlc was indeed put into the DLC folder.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

If he is using Windows the latest installer does not require a oDLC. (Refer to your Nov 23 post.) Would need to verify as you said if the installer was run, and if it put the .dll in the main folder that has the rocksmith.exe, and that the cdlc was indeed put into the DLC folder.

Thanks. I have a mind like a sieve and it's hard to scroll back on iPhone... 🙂 Appreciate the clarifications! I knew Cherub Rock wasn't a requirement, wasn't sure about having one just for the sake of having bought one. Now I know... until I forget again 😞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GHST316 said:

I added the missing file 

Okey Dokey. The next question should have been "Does it work now", but I am assuming it doesn't. I have to ask instead, "Where did you get that one?". Reason I ask is, the one you have in your screen shot is 2,418 kb. About 20x too large. It should only be 117kb.

Edit: I'm going to add this now as it will be a few hours before I return to check this thread. That .dll size does not match any of the previous versions. Delete it, Go back to page 45, find the link in those posts on that page, download the correct .dll from that link that Nick provided that is on that page. Place that .dll in that same folder of the screenshot above.

Thank you, Sniper. I truly appreciate your efforts to help me and your commitment to finding a solution.

I followed your advice and read through all of Nick's 😀 and your posts about DLLs, starting on page 45. On page 41, I finally located the correct DLL. This is the link that worked for me.

1 hour ago, GHST316 said:

Thank you, Sniper. I truly appreciate your efforts to help me and your commitment to finding a solution.

I followed your advice and read through all of Nick's 😀 and your posts about DLLs, starting on page 45. On page 41, I finally located the correct DLL. This is the link that worked for me.

What’s puzzling to me is that the Enabler should have got you the same result. Guess as long as it works it doesn’t matter!

• Like 1

So. I recently got out of a lengthy bout in a mental hospital, I've lost just about everything I have and am trying to rebuild my life. I play bass and I used to own the physical PC release of this game. So...how in the fuck am I supposed to legally obtain this game without spending crazy scalper pricing now that the games delisted? Cause I wasn't allowed to use tech for awhile or I would have tried buying it on steam to be safe but now it just seems like im fucked. 

46 minutes ago, OneLeggedPirate said:

I used to own the physical PC release of this game.

If you had the PC version it is tied to your Steam account. I do not see how it would not be. Hopefully you know your log into Steam, and the Email that is tied to your Steam account (along with passwords). If you are having difficulty with that, you can get support help, start here: https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/3944-4D89-1B3E-27DE it provides info and direction on your Steam account recovery. All you will have to do from that point is (re)-download it directly from Steam. Once you bought it, it is yours. If you do know all the pertinent info to log in to Steam or re-claim your Steam account, just go to your library and download it to the current pc that you are using. Although it is delisted, it is still in your library, along with any DLC that you purchased. Obviously you remembered your log in info for here.

If it is the cable that you are missing, it is easily replaceable. most places have been charging around $25 for many years, and it is still hovering around that price. Amazon is an easy source for the cable. I believe that the same cable is maybe now marked Rocksmith + but I am pretty sure that it is the same cable and or compatible.

As far as the crazy scalper prices, there are still a few places selling new copies of the game. No one can control the pricing, and vultures and blood suckers exist. You will have to use your best judgment. A couple people have pointed out Amazon, and a couple forum users have reported back using Amazon with success. I have a seller booked marked that is currently at $65. it has gone up by about $12 over the past week. I do not see why you would need to purchase a new copy if you already had a Steam account / Pc version as there was no way to install the game without a Steam account. It has been that way since the beginning when I bought my copy over a decade ago.

Best of luck to you, I hope you are able to sort this out and best of luck in rebuilding.

On 1/3/2024 at 6:49 PM, Vjeshitza said:

Thing is, plain Rocksmith isn't launching. i click launch on library, seems like it's gonna, hangs for a few seconds, then poof, nada.

Is it because I have 13900K?

I'm having the problem you have with a 13700HX.  I saw @ Sniper Reload3d 's post below about setting a processor affinity.  I found the utility ProcessLasso from https://bitsum.com/ that makes setting cpu affinity a snap.  And in their FAQs they mention using it to set the affinity on steam.exe, so maybe this will work.  The utility has a free version that includes CPU affinity rules.

I don't have time to test it tonight, but I will update the thread if I can get it to work.  I think I'll start by limiting steam.exe to only use the 16 P-cores and then work my way down from that.

Update:  After reading further in the threads, I see the new .dll worked for @ Vjeshitza , but for whatever reason, it wouldn't work for me.  Using the 117KB "new" DLL and RS would crash when I tried to play a song.  

But, setting my CPU affinity to only use 0-7 did fix it.  So I'm still using the new DLL, and I set my affinity, and now RockSmith works for me again.

Edited by Jay2019
Update
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jay2019 said:

I think I'll start by limiting steam.exe to only use the 16 P-cores

While you are welcome to try that (if it works, let us know) you shouldn't have to with the current enabler/.dll as it is set to work with 32 cores, and you shouldn't have to mess with any of that. Either way, let us know what works for you.

• Like 1

@ Sniper Reload3d , I'd prefer not to have to limit my CPU count on Steam.  I wonder how that is going to effect Flight Simulator?  But I simply could not get RockSmith to work with the DLL alone.  Could it be something related to the particular model of CPU i have?  Regardless, I have it working now.  When the next DLL becomes available, I'll reset the affinity to use all cores again & see if it works.  But for now, I am good.

Thanks for all the help you and @ Nick Beat  are providing.  It is really appreciated.  And thanks to the Devs that provided the DLL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jay2019 said:

I'd prefer not to have to limit my CPU count on Steam

If the Flight simulator is on Steam, it should not make a difference, IF it is set to only Rocksmith in the Task manager, it SHOULD only effect Rocksmith. I can not promise anything, and again as I said previously, I can only go by that which I have read.

The current enabler / dll as I said is supposed to handle the 32 thread cpu as the post / member you referenced above was able to get theirs to work with only needing the enabler. Again, as long as you got it working, and thank you for letting us know. It helps us help others.

• Like 1

@ Jay2019 rhanks for the feedback. It always helps to keep us informed on new issues and solutions so that the info can be used later. And we also appreciate when people do a little bit of digging into the recent path, it eases the load 🙂

Seems there’s always a twist on something previously solved!