How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

5 minutes ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

Absolutely. Thank you for coming clean.

Please read the Guidelines, and FAQ;

Per site rules:

-Before continuing you agree you have a purchased copy of Rocksmith 2014 Remastered

-No piracy, no mentioning piracy-related sites, no crack discussion

If this is the case, that is why neither .dll will work, and you are risking a site ban.

Dang. I'm very sorry, I honestly must have glanced over that part. Well I really don't want to be banned, but I do want to enjoy the community songs. Do you know any way I can obtain a legal digital copy? It looks like ubisoft wiped it from the earth when they released rocksmith+

7 minutes ago, Huculberry said:

legal digital copy?

No legal digital "copies" exist. When the license expired Oct 23rd, so did the digital downloads. It was indeed scrubbed from the Earth.

9 minutes ago, Huculberry said:

Dang. I'm very sorry

Yeah, you've entered another Question into my repertoir and checklist from here on out. Would have saved us an Hour +. But you came clean.

Just now, Sniper Reload3d said:

No legal digital "copies" exist. When the license expired Oct 23rd, so did the digital downloads. It was indeed scrubbed from the Earth.

Yeah, you've entered another Question into my repertoir and checklist from here on out. Would have saved us an Hour +. But you came clean.

I'm really sorry I wasted your time. That was a big fuck up on my end. I really do appreciate all of your help, though. I should've read everything more thoroughly 

• Like 1

@ Ballhooter could be you’re past this point now, but one obvious issue I see is that you’ve put both Mac and pc versions of CDLC in there (assuming I'm looking in the right place; the ODLC may look that way. I apologize, I feel really unwell today and am not thinking straight). _p.psarc are for PC, the other for Mac. Having both is a guarantee that it won’t work, if your CDLC are set up like that.

Also on Mac you need at least one ODLC. If not Cherub Rock then you must run the files through RS Covert to put them into your CDLC directory. I can’t remember whether I show that in the video.

I'm adding two screenshots here. One shows you my directory layout. Note that the CDLC are *not* in the folder marked DLC. I have a subfolder within that called CDLC, and they're in there. That seems to matter in some cases.

The other screen shot is what you should see when you open the Rocksmith bundle (right-click on your Rocksmith executable, show package contents).

Do the comparison. I'm off back to bed, sorry 😞

RS-folder.png

RS-bundle.png

• Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 9:35 PM, dad inside said:

Hi. Just did this and now I'm getting "Rocksmith not responding" error. Don't know where to go from here. 
I redownloaded and it's the same thing. 

Earlier I was having trouble getting through the workaround of just using the .dll posted earlier on page 41. The issue I ended up having at that point is that the CDLC would show up but once I opened it in game, it would freeze right before showing the chart. It would just show the speakers on both sides and the background, and just freeze up without letting me hit escape. Don't know what to do at this point. Will eagerly wait to hear solutions, thank you. 

I'm not very proficient in PC errors but until my colleague is able to weigh in:

• there are several DLL options, depending on your situation
    • the most recent DLL, which doesn't require Cherub Rock anymore (use that in most cases)
    • the many-thread-CPU DLL (use only if you're in that case)
    • a DLL for the RS beta (use that if you feel the beta non-news things is important to you and you're on beta).

When you freeze at the speakers, this means that the CDLC in question is not recognized as legit. So either the DLL is wrong (you can find links to all of them in recent posts, scroll up) or your DLL requires Cherub Rock and you haven't got it, or you have a different ODLC but haven't patched your CDLC to have their app ID match the ODLC (which you can fix using Custom Song File Manager or DLC Builder).

Those are the issues you should consider.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick Beat said:

I feel really unwell today

Get some rest! and get better!

you’ve put both Mac and pc versions

I noticed that too. But as I don't know very much about Mac, I didn't say anything. Now that I know that, I can keep that in  mind. Good thing to know. PC just ignores the Mac versions.

Note that the CDLC are *not* in the folder marked DLC. I have a subfolder within

I have seen you say this before. I really did not want to put my ladel in the soup, as you are far better at Mac, and I did not want to stir where I should not be, but this is all good for me to remember. At least try to.

1 hour ago, Nick Beat said:

m not very proficient in PC errors but until my colleague is able to weigh in:

• there are several DLL options, depending on your situation
    • the most recent DLL, which doesn't require Cherub Rock anymore (use that in most cases)
    • the many-thread-CPU DLL (use only if you're in that case)
    • a DLL for the RS beta (use that if you feel the beta non-news things is important to you and you're on beta).

When you freeze at the speakers, this means that the CDLC in question is not recognized as legit. So either the DLL is wrong (you can find links to all of them in recent posts, scroll up) or your DLL requires Cherub Rock and you haven't got it, or you have a different ODLC but haven't patched your CDLC to have their app ID match the ODLC (which you can fix using Custom Song File Manager or DLC Builder).

and @ dad inside I really studied his screen shot. I needed to step away from the computer last night. All I am going to say about that. I was already up for over 48hrs, I was left completely frustrated. I looked at file sizes. He is using the "no  Cherub Rock" .dll version at 117kb. As you said, but in this case it is and would be inversed (is that a word?) and dependent on the Rocksmith version type meaning either he is using a previous version i.e. restored from backup files, the justincase version or an illegitimate version. I am hesitant to say the last and falsely accuse someone of. Dad inside has been here since 2016 so I want to say this up front, I am assuming he is a legit legal copy but after last night it needs to be said for future persons needing help.

This does not mean that this (the version of Rocksmith / version of the .dll) is his problem. What @ Nick Beat said I agree with completely; if you are getting to the speakers and the chart does not play, it is usually almost always points to .dll/not having Cherub Rock.

So we need further info, was Rocksmith working previous to 12/28, what happened on the 28th that prompted a reinstall.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BluesMcGroove said:

You can potentially find steam keys from places like Amazon, it's just going to be expensive. But so long as it's a sealed physical copy it should activate on steam without trouble

Last person that reported back to me said that this in fact is true, the physical keys are still working. (how long, I do not know and will not guess).

I myself am hesitant to suggest where to obtain (obviously obtain a legal key) a fresh copy of the game key at.

That individual has to take responsibility of their own to do so and do so from a trusted place where if something is wrong they can get reimbursed. As you suggested Amazon, most times this is the case with them.

23 hours ago, Nick Beat said:

Go back a few days, the whole virus thing has been discussed extensively….

Would it be possible to just put a small disclaimer on the download page so people know what to expect?

I figure that would help avoid folks getting confused/coming here to ask about it if it's already been proven to just be a false positive.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, troubled-pasta said:

Would it be possible to just put a small disclaimer on the download page so people know what to expect?

I figure that would help avoid folks getting confused/coming here to ask about it if it's already been proven to just be a false positive.

My colleague and I can’t, you can call on an administrator if you like with an at sign….

but if you check that dialogue, you’ll see that nothing has happened even once it was acknowledged that it’s not the best installer package.

5 minutes ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

No apologies needed. As you know it takes an admin to edit the posts. And they are all quite busy, but as you and I know, they are aware of it.

Yes. I had an email exchange with him on this and referenced you by at sign in the last message. There’s no CC option, it seems, so was hoping that would get you a copy.

2 minutes ago, bigtexcustoms711 said:

how do i download this file. my pc will not let it download it.  I want to be able to use the cdlc 

If you are using a mac I do not know the steps. If you are using a PC you may have to temporarily stop your anti-virus, or disable or make and exclusion for Window's Defender.

This Gent did this:

https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/901-how-to-use-custom-dlcs-in-rs2014-remastered-updated-for-2023/page/43/#comment-387362

Remember to restart your anti-virus and or Window's defender. I personally do not suggest making an exclusion for all .exe files, which you will also have to remove that exclusion when done.

8 minutes ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

If you are using a mac I do not know the steps. If you are using a PC you may have to temporarily stop your anti-virus, or disable or make and exclusion for Window's Defender.T

If PC you could give him the NAS links. I’d do it but it’s had to do much on an iPhone and the computer isn’t accessible to me just now…. (Even answering here is a pain on a phone)

16 minutes ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

If you are using a mac I do not know the steps. If you are using a PC you may have to temporarily stop your anti-virus, or disable or make and exclusion for Window's Defender.

This Gent did this:

https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/901-how-to-use-custom-dlcs-in-rs2014-remastered-updated-for-2023/page/43/#comment-387362

Remember to restart your anti-virus and or Window's defender. I personally do not suggest making an exclusion for all .exe files, which you will also have to remove that exclusion when done.

Im not shure how to do all that. and its coming up from the crome and windows explorer  as unable to download. idk what to do lol  i have a bunch of songe but it wont let me play them and i thoink its this patch i need 

7 minutes ago, bigtexcustoms711 said:

ok this downloaded but i dont have an app that can open it .  i am running windows 10 

If you mean unzip, just find an unzip utility online. There are all kinds, done with free trial.

if it’s a DLL file, you don’t open it, you put it in the folder where Rocksmith.exe is.

(sorry, I can’t remember whether I zipped it or not and I can’t go check right now)

8 minutes ago, bigtexcustoms711 said:

ok this downloaded but i dont have an app that can open it .  i am running windows 10 

You don't open it, nor run it. You place that file into the rocksmith folder that has the rocksmith.exe file.

Typically i.e.:

C:/Program Files(86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014