How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

Just now, Sniper Reload3d said:

If someone still has it and has a hosting service to post it or you can check the discord to see if someone can DM it to you. I do not know of an email service that allows it to be emailed. Email services see that it is a .dll, and sees it as a virus.

so put the old one back in folder. launched rocksmith and other songs arent there. just the original 80 i did before. which beta version is best to use? cuz right now its "previous_version-holding the previous build for brief time"

1 minute ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

That is the only beta version that there is.

Are you sure you put the newly downloaded cdlc in the correct folder. Needs to go in the DLC folder or a subfolder with in the DLC folder

the newest cdlc wouldnt launch cuz it said there was a virus

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

I swear you had typed that you downloaded a bunch of new cdlc.

It is found where all the cdlc is found, the ignition link at the top of the page.

https://ignition4.customsforge.com/

sorry i meant the newest patch from nov 2023 is what wont download. the cdlc songs i downloaded were fine. sorry for the confusion

12 hours ago, soullessShreds said:

sorry i meant the newest patch from nov 2023 is what wont download. the cdlc songs i downloaded were fine. sorry for the confusion

The newest patch which won’t download is the one I provided a link for yesterday, on my NAS. I have an older DLL you can try but not sure how old it is, post-beta I’m pretty sure…

@ soullessShreds Here's a link to an older DLL (which requires Cherub Rock OR that you update the app IDs of all your CDLC to the app ID of an ODLC you have purchased). You will have to rename the file by removing the last bit (I can't have two files with the same name in the same folder on my NAS, obviously).

https://os5.mycloud.com/action/share/0cbd2995-b796-4fa6-8075-720c3100ad59

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nick Beat said:

@ soullessShreds Here's a link to an older DLL (which requires Cherub Rock OR that you update the app IDs of all your CDLC to the app ID of an ODLC you have purchased). You will have to rename the file by removing the last bit (I can't have two files with the same name in the same folder on my NAS, obviously).

https://os5.mycloud.com/action/share/0cbd2995-b796-4fa6-8075-720c3100ad59

i tried the dll. still no dice. i guess last ditch effort is to update app IDs. how exactly do i do that? also merry christmas everyone

4 minutes ago, deathbydoughnut8 said:

google drive will not let me install the dll file as it says that it violates terms of use, does anyone have a solution to this? Thanks in advance.

Look back on page 41 @ Nick Beat posted a link to his NAS where he is hosting the file.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, firekorn said:

@ deathbydoughnut8 or you could just not use the beta as it hasn't been necessary since November 2022.

He knows. But some apparently find that one better. It’s no longer an issue, I have 3 DLLs on my NAS going forward. If CF wants the links I’ll be happy to pass them on, otherwise I’ll offer them whenever asked.

• Administrator

@ Nick Beat i'd prefer to avoid to expose a user NAS to our whole user base, be it for general bandwidth or just security sake. So far Google seems to prefer to ignore the false positive and just block everything. There's not much we can do beside that as i've already requested the problem to be reviewed but seen no action from Google so far. In any case, the installer is there and works perfectly fine and is hosted on our server anyway. The code is available for people to see if they care to check for potential threat.

As for someone preferring the beta, it makes 0 sense, the only difference is in the news section in the game, everything else is strictly the same which is unimpactful for any user.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

4 minutes ago, RaulRuiz said:

soo it wont let me download the cdlc file anymore can someone help me?

Do you mean the .dll?

if this is what you mean, you can scroll back and see just above where the Admin said that the enabler link is still working. You are welcome to use that. Yes, google will warn that there is a virus, NO there is no virus in it.

If you insist on downloading the .dll, scroll back to page 41, where @ Nick Beat provides it, he is hosting it temporarily on his site.

If you mean something else, you will have to fill us in.

• Like 1

I was able to find a solution to downloading the file without it reading as a virus for anyone having that issue

Go into windows security -> virus & threat protection -> virus & threat protection settings -> add or remove exclusions

Now add an exclusion for file type and type in .exe

This let me install and run CDLC Enabler, once you run the .exe file and activate mods I recommend getting rid of the exclusion because it basically makes windows defender ignore all .exe files on your pc so they don't get scanned for viruses. If you do get rid of the exclusion windows defender is probably also going to want to do a virus scan because it is going to now see CDLC as one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JeremyWad said:

I was able to find a solution to downloading the file without it reading as a virus for anyone having that issue

Go into windows security -> virus & threat protection -> virus & threat protection settings -> add or remove exclusions

Now add an exclusion for file type and type in .exe

This let me install and run CDLC Enabler, once you run the .exe file and activate mods I recommend getting rid of the exclusion because it basically makes windows defender ignore all .exe files on your pc so they don't get scanned for viruses. If you do get rid of the exclusion windows defender is probably also going to want to do a virus scan because it is going to now see CDLC as one.

Hi. Just did this and now I'm getting "Rocksmith not responding" error. Don't know where to go from here. 
I redownloaded and it's the same thing. 

Earlier I was having trouble getting through the workaround of just using the .dll posted earlier on page 41. The issue I ended up having at that point is that the CDLC would show up but once I opened it in game, it would freeze right before showing the chart. It would just show the speakers on both sides and the background, and just freeze up without letting me hit escape. Don't know what to do at this point. Will eagerly wait to hear solutions, thank you.