Ignition4 Feature Requests

• Administrator

Welcome to the "Ignition4 Feature Requests" thread! 

Whether it's a new concept, user interface improvement, or any other innovative functionality, we want to hear your ideas for Ignition4! We value your input and believe it can truly benefit the entire community.

If you have a feature in mind that you think would elevate Ignition4, don't hesitate to share it with us.

These guidelines must be followed to submit your request for additional features.

• Clearly describe the proposed feature, providing as much detail as possible.
  • Explain how this feature would add value to Ignition4 and benefit its users.
  • Feel free to share any relevant examples, mock-ups, or use cases to illustrate your idea.

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

This might be really niche and im not 100% sure how you'd set it up im pretty sure ive mentioned it before. The main idea is just automatic generated genres playlists of customsforge on spotify or other streaming services (although admitdley i only know for sure it can work on spotify not sure if the same proccess works for the other ones)
My idea is everytime you add a song into the cf database with one of the genre tags it gets saved along with the rest of the meta data ( artist name , song name, album name, year released, time etc) into an excell page dedicated to that genre. 
so example:
you upload ed sheeran shape of you with the tag pop
it then adds ed sheeran shape of you in the respective colums of the pop playlist page in excell
then you can outsource / use one of those freebie sites that makes excell cvc sheets into playlists (maybe a daily or weekly thing).
now any costumforge user can have a new way to figure out what has been uploaded onto cf with genres that they like (well assuming they put a heart to the playlist) and technicly if the user listens to the song there for the 30 seconds the artist gets paid his 0.007 cents lol

Start with the main genres to see if anyone is interested then do sub genres..Altho I think the subgenres might be harder to find since users might not tag it in that category cause it might have multiple subgenres...anyways

I did start to do it manually ages ago..But thats just way too time consuming and there's always a faster way ( I just dont know how to code or to set that up)
The benefit of doing the excell and spotify thing is that if you were to then do the inverse and make a cvc out of the playlist it can give you the genres that the artist/label put their song in so it could also give the opportunity to put more tags on those songs...ooooor....It can help you find the key to the songs,  so you can add that as a tag aswell ...and then with all the songs in key maybe make key related playlists.. (I know there are songs that use multiple keys or more complex keys like the asian scales middle easter scales harmonic whatever) but it'd still be better than nothing maybe.

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

Hi!

I think it would help us if we extend the Submitted reports page a bit. I think:

• the status of my report would be great to view
  • the datetime of the report (to be able to see when it was reported and were there an update after)
  • the solution of the report to know, what happened with the reported chart, like
    • solved: updated by charter
    • rejected: false report...happens sometimes
    • won't do (in case it will be not fixed because of reasons...hopefully with a reason text 🙂 )
    • removed from listing
    • closed by the reporter
    • ...or similar
  • maybe with an mouse over or similar, would be great if we could see the text what I wrote during the report time ("Tell us more about the issue").

On the report page, would be great if we could have an option to set the path what is wrong. Like bass/guitar, etc.

Also (but I think I requested this feature already), it would be maybe helpful for the downloaders, if the report itself and the solution of the report would be visible on the song page. As a comment or as an own part of the page. Then everybody could decide that a report is needed or not, or is it worth to download or not.

Also it would be great, if we could edit our reports, till it is not closed with some reason. Sometimes I forget to write something, or wrote something wrongly.

If we could close our reports, that would be also great, in case, I wanna revoke my report...because maybe I was wrong, and for example the tuning is indeed correct.

Also...idk. Trusted users with 2FA auth, should be able to remove a song after 1 report also I think. This way, it would be faster the process, and you will have less work to proof every each reports. I do not believe, that so many users are do report songs and especially the same one. Many just says, "Ah...bad chart...next". But the ones, who do reports could help to get better charts in the system.

I hope I could help!

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I posted I think this feature request before, but because we do not see the tickets or any list, I post this again 🙂 If it is on list already, this can be avoided.

In search, it would be nice I think, if it should work with the normal Artist - Song search also:

If I enter: Metallica - Enter Sandman comes nothing

image.thumb.png.818d8780cd51d277d5dab0061b0243de.png

But if I remove the '-' sign:

image.png.42ac0c447f7675867dcc3effe64de947.png

This is like the common way in the RSPL page to search something.

Probably, just the '-' sing has to be removed.

Thank you.

• Administrator
On 8/7/2023 at 12:56 PM, kozaka said:

I posted I think this feature request before, but because we do not see the tickets or any list, I post this again 🙂 If it is on list already, this can be avoided.

In search, it would be nice I think, if it should work with the normal Artist - Song search also:

If I enter: Metallica - Enter Sandman comes nothing

image.thumb.png.818d8780cd51d277d5dab0061b0243de.png

But if I remove the '-' sign:

image.png.42ac0c447f7675867dcc3effe64de947.png

This is like the common way in the RSPL page to search something.

Probably, just the '-' sing has to be removed.

Thank you.

Most likely will never be fixed because of artists/titles/albums that have dash's in it, we would have to ignore that character or do an &, it just complicates the search.

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

On 8/10/2023 at 6:21 AM, Unleashed2k said:

Most likely will never be fixed because of artists/titles/albums that have dash's in it, we would have to ignore that character or do an &, it just complicates the search.

All good! Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I think it would be cool to be able to filter by date range when songs were added or updated in the database.

For example, you want to see only songs that were uploaded in 2023 (in order to sort by number of downloads).

What do you think? It would help a bit to visibilize popular songs from the nearest years and that inevitably can't compete with songs that were uploaded in 2014 for example.

Thanks for your great work. There is not much left for the 10th anniversary, right? (according to Ignition the first song was uploaded on February 19, 2014 😄). 

• Thanks 1

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Nick Beat said:

Any chance of making field headers/column widths adjustable in Ignition? Would be nice to see longer text without having to click and return.

Out of curiosity, what is your monitor resolution? 

This is my view:
image.png

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

If I go full screen, it's not too bad, I guess (I was at half or two-thirds when I asked), though most of the time I do a lot of multi-tasking... and my eye-sight has suffered degradation in the last year so I tend to keep things fairly large. Not the end of the world, just a query as I slide boundaries back and forth a lot otherwise....

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 12.32.19 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
41 minutes ago, theellimist said:

I still can't filter out bass songs. 

I add "Lead" as a filter but I still get songs that are bass only. I think I posted about this a year ago and someone said it's fixed but it isn't.

Can you provide any more info? I just checked your filters and I don't see this happening

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

4 minutes ago, Unleashed2k said:

Can you provide any more info? I just checked your filters and I don't see this happening

I select "Lead" under "Search arrangements". Nothing happens, songs with only bass are still there. Maybe i'm misunderstanding but I believe that should mean the song must have a lead arrangement or be filtered out.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, theellimist said:

I select "Lead" under "Search arrangements". Nothing happens, songs with only bass are still there. Maybe i'm misunderstanding but I believe that should mean the song must have a lead arrangement or be filtered out.

image.png

It should look like this, unless you have a very old cached filters.js

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

9 minutes ago, Unleashed2k said:

image.png

It should look like this, unless you have a very old cached filters.js

I had done a hard refresh before and I just cleared my browser cache data but it's still the same. Not sure where specifically that filter.js is to delete it?

Weird part is if I select Lead and Rhythm it filters out some random songs. Truly random because I still have songs with Lead, Rhythm and Bass only.

• Administrator

I had done a hard refresh before and I just cleared my browser cache data but it's still the same. Not sure where specifically that filter.js is to delete it?

Your results look different than mine right? Can you try another browser real quick or incognito in your current one? How many pages does it say for you? image.png

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

6 minutes ago, Unleashed2k said:

Your results look different than mine right? Can you try another browser real quick or incognito in your current one? How many pages does it say for you? image.png

Doesn't work in incognito so I installed firefox. Doesn't work in firefox either. I sorted by artist name if that matters cuz the filter did appear to be working for a second but I guess it's just a coincidence there's no bass charts on the first page with default sorting.

• Administrator

Doesn't work in incognito so I installed firefox. Doesn't work in firefox either. I sorted by artist name if that matters cuz the filter did appear to be working for a second but I guess it's just a coincidence there's no bass charts on the first page with default sorting.

Ahh there we go, 🙂 It's hard to replicate it without more info like this, I see it now. Hopefully can get a fix to you soon, I'll let you know. 

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• Administrator
1 hour ago, theellimist said:

Alright thanks dude. I'm only on the letter P of my multi month collection journey so I look forward to it 😛

I applied a fix, how is it now? 

• Thanks 1

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

14 minutes ago, Unleashed2k said:

I applied a fix, how is it now? 

Ohh wow that was fast dude. Instantly from 2300 pages down to 2000 and I don't see any bass only charts. I would say it's a success. Thanks!

Btw is there a way to filter for "Lead or Rhythm" or will it do "Must be Lead and Rhythm"? or like filter "-Bass". If not that's cool i'm being nitpicky at this point. Doubt there's many tracks with Rhythm but no Lead.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, theellimist said:

Ohh wow that was fast dude. Instantly from 2300 pages down to 2000 and I don't see any bass only charts. I would say it's a success. Thanks!

Btw is there a way to filter for "Lead or Rhythm" or will it do "Must be Lead and Rhythm"? or like filter "-Bass"

Added a new option, please try that

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, theellimist said:

OOOOH holy crap. It works perfectly it seems. Thanks dude. You're like a coding wizard or something.

I guess there was actually like 100 pages of Rhythm without lead (500 songs) haha.

Glad it works, added a few more options 🙂

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)