3D Tab Player made with Godot Engine 3.2

Have you already started looking at note/chord recognition? I started looking at the problem thinking (wrongly!) that it was just a case of furier transforms using ffts and dft, but discovered that's just the setup after that it becomes a statistics and machine learning problem which is a lot more interesting. Of course a pluggable library would be best here's a few open source options that I found.

http://isophonics.net/nnls-chroma Chordino

http://clam-project.org/   CLAM

https://labrosa.ee.columbia.edu/projects/chords/   LabRosa

Keep us posted!

• 2 weeks later...

looks great, should be suitable for some picking on the go. right now, i record videos for acoustic tab playing, bat that is quite some work.

The lower string needs to be on the bottom, therefore youtube videos dont work ;D

Looks like it doesn't like 1440 by 900 very much.
At least you can press enter to select the song and arrow keys to select bass.
YmICGkW.png

oh typo spotted
O0PGrnx.png

Just wondering about the lyrics, it looks similar to the clone hero method where they don't have durations and just last until the next one is played. Is this the case or it looks similar because how they've been charted?

Also the palm mutes and string mutes look the same? or did I miss something?

Still, very impressive work mate. It's real nice to have a version up to have a fiddle around with.  Cool that it even runs in a browser as well.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                   "Be excellent to each others"-Kurokotei / 黒皇帝                                                   Gh59blB.png

My todo list (majorly outdated)                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        500 songs hype

10 hours ago, Chlipouni said:

Does it work correctly for the Guitar Tab Player ?

it looks to be working correctly, audio and riff repeater settings show up fine too. Only thing I noticed is that riff repeater sections are a bit close to the right side of the screen. Maybe the guitar is a bit close to the edge too? but it doesn't cut anything off and is still quite readable.
JK0vodm.png

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                   "Be excellent to each others"-Kurokotei / 黒皇帝                                                   Gh59blB.png

My todo list (majorly outdated)                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        500 songs hype

• 2 weeks later...

Wow spectacular job, I just gave it a quick test, I'm extremely impressed! 

The only niggles I have at the moment are the view angle of the guitar strings, For me it's too steep.

Consider braking true 3d perspective in favour of readability.

Can't wait to see where you take it. 

@randomas,

About the viewing angle and the 3d perspective, this should be easy to adjust (camera position and angle).

I also have The "SharedArrayBuffer is not defined" error in Firefox. Either a bug in Godot or a limitation in Firefox.

WebGL and WebAudio are still in development but I am already impressed with the result.

• Like 1

As an amateur Rocksmith and computer science enthusiast, I salute you Chlipouni!!! Thank you for sharing your time and talent all these years.

I can't wait to try this! A lightweight, bare bones, learning tool like this is very much needed. As far as I'm concerned, you've already done something awesome, no matter how far you take it, and how much polish is added. There's a lot of value here already.

• Like 2

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

Don't be that guy who posts in a song's thread, asking for another song by that artist. That guy is weak... and he gets ignored.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs