Phishing, or really a threat?

indayboogie

Question

While browsing the forum and cdlc page, I got a warning on a separate page (I'm using Google Chrome). I took a screenshot of the page, will try and see if I can post it here.

-------------------------------------------------

Security system has detected the threatening attempt to gain access to your bank logins and related data, but this dangerous connection was blocked with Firewall and further data leak was prevented.

We strongly recommend you to perform temporary block of all of your accounts, and take some necessary security measures.

Despite the timely blocking of the connection, there is still a serious threat of private data stealth.

Please, don't wait to respond, every minute is important!

There is possibility that virus already hurt your disks or destroyed and stole its data.

It is reason for checking current system security and verifying its stability.

Do not spend your time and immediately call us or contact our service center support team.

--------------------------------------------------

Contact Microsoft Support:

+1 (877) 632-9831 (TOLL-FREE)

--------------------------------------------------

We are waiting for your rapid responce to help you.

Please contact our administration to solve this issue.

Call Help Desk

+1 (877) 632-9831

6 answers to this question

Sounds like a scam to be honest. It tries to instill a sense of urgency (Please, don't wait to respond, every minute is important! There is possibility that virus already hurt your disks or destroyed and stole its data.) which is a very common tactic among these scammer assholes. Trust me, you'd never get a multi-billion corporation that gives that much of a shit about their customer, haha

• Like 2

My CDLC ! 

I usually release about 2 CDLC a month, because I like to take my time and make them as good as I can for the benefit of everyone interested in them ;)

• Administrator

Looking into it, it shouldn't be going through our advertising partners (sovrn/google) looking into this now.

• Like 1

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• Administrator

I've setup a new form to combat bad ads and getting them blocked. https://goo.gl/forms/7A32R0MuzQu4WJSd2

• Like 1

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)