(solved) View issue on selfmade CDLC (notes get "chopped off")

asgerrud

Question

Hello fellow people,

After the release of Rocksmith 2014 Remastered Edition, I have been aware of an issue that has been occurring on my selfmade CDLC.

The following video shows my issue:

[media]https://youtu.be/T-vexuZW-ww[/media]

As you can (hopefully) see from the video, my view is inproper and some of the higher notes are chopped off. Obviously, it is bothersome not being able to play solos and alike, and therefore I have installed the newest update of EOF and the Rocksmith Toolkit, as well as the Remastered CDLC bug fix. I have also tried remaking my broken CDLC with the newest version of the tools.

Some of my older CDLC made before the update seems to work fine and adjust accordingly, but after the release of the Remastered Edition, it seems as if I am no longer able to create CDLC that adapts the where on the fretboard the notes are played.

Since the game appears to chop off the fretboard on the higher notes, I have tried increasing the max fret value anywhere from 22-24 in Editor on Fire, but unfortunately with no success.

I hope you are able to help me with my problem, as I find it very frustrating.

(Also, I am sorry if I am posting this into the wrong category; I am unsure from where the problem emerges, be it EOF, Rocksmith Toolkit or from the game itself )

12 answers to this question

• Administrator

@@asgerrud and @@raynebc this is due to a lack of section and phrase in the CDLC so the camera stay fix and doesn't move anymore at all (while it was handled a bit differently before the remastered).

Add section and make a proper CDLC first or you'll end up with tons of bugs that will cripple your CDLC.

Q: I'm getting camera issue on some CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how the camera is handle in game so CDLC that don't have section have now different camera issue than before that are more problematic now. Note that not having section also means that Riff Repeater (RR) isn't available in game and also means that the play count won't be incremented every time the song is played. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

http://customsforge.com/topic/33365-rocksmith-remastered-discussion-part-2/

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

This would generally be due to missing fret hand position changes (if you added them to the chart instead of letting them be added automatically during save) or not enough phrases (the game zooms out to try to show all fret hand positions defined during the span of the current phrase). If you post your EOF project file I can verify if this is the case.

• Administrator

@@raynebc i think so, but the camera doesn't actually start moving and stay in it's starting position when there's no section in the CDLC so no matter what the user do, as long as there's no section, the camera will stay in that inappropriate position but before the Remastered the camera was "all zoomed out" so it was less of an issue but still an issue. EOF or the Toolkit can't do much about it apart from maybe adding a section automatically at the beginning but if the user deliberatly create a CDLC without section, he should seriously reconsider what he is doing anyway...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@asgerrud and @@raynebc this is due to a lack of section and phrase in the CDLC so the camera stay fix and doesn't move anymore at all (while it was handled a bit differently before the remastered).

Add section and make a proper CDLC first or you'll end up with tons of bugs that will cripple your CDLC.

Q: I'm getting camera issue on some CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how the camera is handle in game so CDLC that don't have section have now different camera issue than before that are more problematic now. Note that not having section also means that Riff Repeater (RR) isn't available in game and also means that the play count won't be incremented every time the song is played. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

http://customsforge.com/topic/33365-rocksmith-remastered-discussion-part-2/

Thanks for your answer! While I was able to solve the problem myself yesterday, I wasn't able to check up on this thread until now. With that said, your answer explains the solution well and precise.

• Administrator

@@raynebc i don't think they are but that was already an "issue" before the remastered but the camera was staying zoomed out which was less of an issue because everything was visible unlike now where only the 5/6 first fret are really visible.

From what i recall, the issue might be that EOF set the intro section (does it have a phrase linked to? Can't recall) toward the end or at least, that's what the top yellow bar in Rocksmith would suggest.

I'm not familiar with that issue and it shouldn't be one because user SHOULD set section to allow a proper use of the riff repeater which is primordial for the user experience imo (and the playcount also have issue now when there's no DD in a CDLC). Hell anyone should use DDC too and no CDLC without DD should be made available anymore as it makes no sense at all since DD can be deactivate globally in RS now but i disgress into what i think user should absolutely do themselves in the first place :)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Hell anyone should use DDC too and no CDLC without DD should be made available anymore as it makes no sense at all since DD can be deactivate globally in RS now but i disgress into what i think user should absolutely do themselves in the first place :)

DDC can move some fhp around to an undesired spot (even with phrase length set to 16).   Unless there is a solution to this, this is one reason to not use DDC yet.

• Administrator

@@Rockfirstlast it shouldn't anymore as far as i can tell but @@Chlipouni is the one to approach about that kind of issue which he would likely be eager to fix. But not having DD will make the play counter not worked and maybe other detail that i never heard of but there's really not much of a reason to avoid DD at all and even creating it in EOF isn't that much of a trouble.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

From what i recall, the issue might be that EOF set the intro section (does it have a phrase linked to? Can't recall) toward the end or at least, that's what the top yellow bar in Rocksmith would suggest.

EOF automatically places the intro section at/before the beat where the first note in the arrangement occurs. So EOF wouldn't place it at the end of the song unless the only playable notes were also at the end of the song.

• Administrator

@@raynebc I'm only assuming this with what RS actually show and the skyline in the video have only a small selectable section at the end (i'm not even sure it's selectable in RR) so i have doubt that the intro section is enough which seems a bit weird. Maybe RS needs 2 sections to actually offer something somewhat decent but i wouldn't want you to spend time on something like that as i prefer user to actually notice their CDLC is lacking something vital instead of having EOF automatically filing for the author lack of whatever that could be called...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography