Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

We're 100% funded by donations. Please keep us running by clicking the link below to donate.

Mastery Bug fix now available in a GUI form, grab the BETA (1.2.6.4 or later) version of the CFSM - repairs tab
Rocksmith Remastered CDLC Fix (PC) - Mac Fix Discuss Rocksmith Remastered here (including fixes, bugs, etc).
New Christmas design available in the merch store here! You can also get stickers, mugs, and more! (20% off clothing designs - use WEIRDGIFTS at checkout)
Multiple Volunteer Positions You can apply here
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook & Twitter

January Donation Goal is up! Please donate to keep our services running in 2017! Happy Holidays.

Photo

Rocksmith remastered discussion (part 2)

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

Offline   Unleashed2k

Unleashed2k

CustomsForge Founder

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • 430 thanks
  • LocationOrlando, FL
  • Rocksmith:Steam
  • XBOX:Unleashed2k
  • PSN:FWF_Unleashed2k

Donator

Please discuss Rocksmith Remastered here.

FAQ:

Q: My CDLC doesn't work!
A: For windows: Please use the new .dll | Mac: Please use the Patch. You can get both here
For further help regarding customs not playing see : CDLC not working - General Rocksmith - CustomsForge

Q: I'm getting 100% on all the CDLC songs I play
A: Thanks to @cozy1 and @Lovroman you can now update all your collection in the 1.2.6.4 beta version of CFSM that can be found here : http://ignition.customsforge.com/cfsm

Q: I'm getting camera issue on some CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how the camera is handle in game so CDLC that don't have section have now different camera issue than before that are more problematic now. Note that not having section also means that Riff Repeater (RR) isn't available in game and also means that the play count won't be incremented every time the song is played. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: The play count isn't getting updated when i play CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how it counts the number of time someone play a song which seems be related to DD instead of only section as it was before the remaster. So any CDLC without DD won't have is play count properly working.

Q: I'm getting crashes when on the Learn A Song page of some CDLC?

A: The remaster update changed how bonus and alternate arrangement are visible which also have a side effect of provoking random crashes when looking at songs that have too much (more than 5) arrangement in the Learn A Song area of the game. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: I'm getting an error when launching the Rocksmith Remastered
A: Please verify your integrity via Steam. We do not support pirated copies and we will ban you if caught with a copy. Make sure to have Cherub Rock DLC to be able to use CDLC.

Q: Is Ubisoft trying to ruin CDLC?

A: No. When they updated the game, the executable file changed which is why the dll needs to be updated, it's a side effect of software programming not a voluntary maneuver to break up things. Other issue arise by the discrepancies between how CDLC and ODLC are made, they aren't 100% similar inside and some of those differences can be put to light when the game changes how it react to some information.
This is not ubisoft's fault as they never provided CDLC or mod support in the first place and when the main code changes, is it our duty to fix our mods to make the CDLC work again.

Edited by firekorn, 08 November 2016 - 05:30 PM.
Added stuff :)

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor

Offline   Mocklee

Mocklee

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks

Steam Profile

I'm no longer able to see CDLC. The DLL file worked for me at first, though. RS still pops the message saying that it's "enumerating downloadable content", but the songs simply don't show. Right before starting it with missing CDLC for the first time, I added two songs, changed their app id's via the Customsforge Song Manager, and updated Windows. When it started, my profile was deleted. I've already tried reinstalling Rocksmith on Steam. 

Offline   RufusDelta

RufusDelta

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • 24 thanks

FAQ: 

A: Please use the new .dll via here

A: The current fix is to update the Rocksmith Toolkit (RSTK) to the latest beta version and the author will need to resave it.

A: Please verify your integrity via Steam.

Shouldn`t the MAC OSX gamers also have a specific FAQ entry?

Offline   RufusDelta

RufusDelta

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • 24 thanks

Is Ubisoft trying to brick CDLC?

Offline   izzikiorage

izzikiorage

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
I hope not, the best thing about RS was that you could use the amazing system to learn tons of songs of your choice via the CDLCs

Offline   Biermeister 44

Biermeister 44

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • 2 thanks

I'm no longer able to see CDLC. The DLL file worked for me at first, though. RS still pops the message saying that it's "enumerating downloadable content", but the songs simply don't show. Right before starting it with missing CDLC for the first time, I added two songs, changed their app id's via the Customsforge Song Manager, and updated Windows. When it started, my profile was deleted. I've already tried reinstalling Rocksmith on Steam. 

There has been a lot of good discussion here http://customsforge....-10#entry233138, and a new patch has been generated that seems to work very well, although perhaps imperfectly.  What you have observed is what I observed when I used the Custom Game Toolkit to reset mastery scores to zero.  Soon after that we were advised not to use the the CGT because the code changes in Remastered made the CGT nonfunctional.  I suspect that the same thing may apply to the Song Manager.  If you use rstoolkit-2.7.1.0-caa41fe5 to prepare your CDLC (I went back to the EOF files, rather than importing a psarc), give the song a new version number, answer yes to the question about changing the application ID, delete your original CDLC from the DLC folder in the Rocksmith 2014 folder, and replace it with the new CDLC, you should not have any trouble. Remastered has am embedded song manager. Caution, once you start the game, you will have to create a new "bug free" profile, so for the time being your old profile(s) will not be available, but this is only until the pro's figure out how to fix everything that has been changed (I'm told this may take a while).  But do go ahead with putting your CDLC back, I find it's working very well.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   Unleashed2k

Unleashed2k

CustomsForge Founder

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • 430 thanks
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Donator

FAQ: 

A: The current fix is to update the Rocksmith Toolkit (RSTK) to the latest beta version and the author will need to resave it.

Fixed. My monitor died while making the post.

-Trent Reznor

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   MAGGERS

MAGGERS

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationMexicali, Mexico

Steam Profile

Donator

Well I uninstalled all my games and remove Steam from my system, there is only one thing to do and is to start fresh with my OS, I will try it tomorrow and see what happens, I am stil unable to play most of the CDLC that I have before the major update...

Or should I wait for another DLL update from you guys?

Edit: Well I should not have a problem with my OS Windows 10 since I have it in my SSD and RS14 is in my Hard Drive.

I see some of my past CDLC but not ALL...also I tried to install the new CDLC from the past couple of days, work from @albatros213, @PC Plum and others but I don't see it in my library.

I removed EVERYTHING from Steam,also uninstalled it and used Ccleaner to remove any registry values (There is no game installed)

Still the same ISSUE, I don't want to give up BUT! I do not know what else to do... HELP?

Rock & Metal Covers

You want to know the truth son, I'll tell you the truth. Your soul's gonna burn in the fire lake.

fs_pc.png

Offline   Unleashed2k

Unleashed2k

CustomsForge Founder

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • 430 thanks
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Donator

No, please read the FAQ. I've just updated it here.

-Trent Reznor

Offline   MAGGERS

MAGGERS

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationMexicali, Mexico

Steam Profile

Donator

No, please read the FAQ. I've just updated it here.

Should I wait for a new DLL file or this is the final? I am not seeing most of my previous CDLC's in my library or the new ones that I add from the past couple of days.

Rock & Metal Covers

You want to know the truth son, I'll tell you the truth. Your soul's gonna burn in the fire lake.

fs_pc.png

Offline   SoftChurros

SoftChurros

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

I have downloaded the new .dll and placed it in my rocksmith folder and the game launches up fine, I can see all my custom songs, and they are all at the right mastery. However when I go to play any of my songs it just doesn't do anything. Rocksmith stays at the play song screen, but is still active as in not non-responsive. I have already tried uninstalling and re-installing.

Offline   entgineer

entgineer

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

It seems that certain cdlc isnt showing when others are, I suspected the application Id however after changing all with the toolkit I obtained the same results. I'm not sure what the relationship is or why certain songs disappear. I do know I can no longer play any Tool cdlc nor my favorite Gilmore's greatest. 

Changing the application Id, isolating cdlc, playing offline, reinstalling rs, and re downloading new files for the same songs did not resolve it. 

Perhaps Ubi is taking steps towards preventing certain artists???

all files remained in the dlc folder, I have the new dll. The 100% bug is less frustrating than losing part of your library imo.

When there's nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire

Offline   BluePotato

BluePotato

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks

Donator

About 5-10% of my CDLC crashes to desktop when I get to that song's launch screen in Learn a Song mode (before I even get into the song to play). I notice that the phrase "Bonus Bass" appears at the top left in all those cases when the crash occurs.

What is "bonus bass" for CDLC anyway?

Thanks.

Offline   albatross213

albatross213

Guitar God

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts
  • 287 thanks
  • LocationNew Jersey

Donator

@BluePotato - The problem you're talking about happens when custom has 6 or more arrangements (most often because many people added DD arrangements as bonus arrangements), while the new UI for learn a song was only intended to display 5 (the maximum number in any official DLC). I heard a streamer say he could get past it by just quickly pressing enter to reach the tuning screen and spending as little time as possible on the song page, but I haven't tested that myself.

My CDLC releases (last update: November 20th) and my workshop (last update: October 26th)
My CDLC previews (Mostly cleared out)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Offline   SoftChurros

SoftChurros

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

the new .dll does nothing for my game

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Magna Charter

• 2,687 posts
  • 383 thanks
  • LocationVillers-Cotterêts, France

Donator

For all that have issue with your CDLC not playing/showing, make sure to read the fact and the link very thoroughly! The dll is final and working for every single user that followed the step properly, if it doesn't for you, it's because you did something wrong.

@RufusDelta : They never wanted to break CDLC, it's just a side effect of software programming and how the new executable changed compare to the old one (things that the dev don't really have control over). The fix in the dll was just to find the new address for the little part of the code that need to be modified. They didn't tried to fix their code to block CDLC at all.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   missis sumner

missis sumner

Not exactly an early adopter...

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • LocationUK

User's Awards

Donator

FAQ: 

Fixed. My monitor died while making the post.

There is a version of the injector that works on older Mac OS (10.6 and above).  It certainly works for me on 10.7:

https://www.dropbox....or.app.zip?dl=0

All about the bass, no treble...

https://docs.google....WP8/edit#gid=37

Offline   BluePotato

BluePotato

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks

Donator

@BluePotato - The problem you're talking about happens when custom has 6 or more arrangements (most often because many people added DD arrangements as bonus arrangements), while the new UI for learn a song was only intended to display 5 (the maximum number in any official DLC). I heard a streamer say he could get past it by just quickly pressing enter to reach the tuning screen and spending as little time as possible on the song page, but I haven't tested that myself.

Thanks for the reply and the information.

Can I remove the arrangements I don't want or would only the original CDLC author be able to do that?

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Magna Charter

• 2,687 posts
  • 383 thanks
  • LocationVillers-Cotterêts, France

Donator

@BluePotato You can do it via the toolkit but if your unfamiliar or don't feel confident doing it, better ask the author.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   Shawn

Shawn

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks

Every day I have to wait for steam to install the upgrade then I have to delete the steam folder and replace it with an old saved steam folder in order to play the old version of Rocksmith 2014.

I like some of the changes but there is one change I hate. I play on my pc and with the old version I can click my mouse whenever and wherever I want. Now I have to move my mouse to click the button at the bottom of the screen then scroll back up to restart the riff.

That got old real quick, so I went back to the old version. Seems that steam don't have it set up where I can turn off auto updates.

Talk about RETARDED being that we are almost in the year 2017.

Anybody else has any better Ideas on how to keep steam from updating?