EOF Playback out of sync

Mostly Rancid

Question

6 answers to this question

I know video faster than sound, need to sync it's clocks, but it shouldn't be much off about 60-90 seconds you can always hit space twice to fix lag out, I'd like to hear more on this from @@raynebc

Something similar happens to me, but usually only shortly after I change the playback rate (if there's a part of the song I want to check particularly closely or whatever). But as you said, usually all it takes is a rewind to get everything back in sync again.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

If your computer lags during playback, the video can get out of sync, but the audio and the sound cues generally never do because of how they are mixed. Some things you can try to reduce lag would be to use a lower program window size, turn off waveform/spectrogram if they're enabled and possibly turning off either 2D or 3D rendering (whichever you aren't wanting to watch). There are various other features that can be turned on/off but I doubt they'd make too much of a difference. Also, time stretch playback uses plenty of CPU and can cause the program to lag if the processor isn't fast enough (per core, since EOF isn't a multi-threaded application it runs on a single core).

• Like 2

If your computer lags during playback, the video can get out of sync, but the audio and the sound cues generally never do because of how they are mixed. Some things you can try to reduce lag would be to use a lower program window size, turn off waveform/spectrogram if they're enabled and possibly turning off either 2D or 3D rendering (whichever you aren't wanting to watch). There are various other features that can be turned on/off but I doubt they'd make too much of a difference. Also, time stretch playback uses plenty of CPU and can cause the program to lag if the processor isn't fast enough (per core, since EOF isn't a multi-threaded application it runs on a single core).

Thanks dude , turning off 3d rendering seems to make a big difference for me.

@@raynebc. runs great with waveform at 58-62FPS, here
if it lag it should off sync to be slower than audio(wich doesn't lag here) 
but it off faster than audio, let me some theory to google on, I'd like to investigate for myself