Custom DLC not working

GCIF

Question

Alright so I've downloaded a few cdlc, I made sure they were fairly recently updated so I assumed they would work. But all that comes up when I start the song is the amp stacks, this happens to every single dlc I have downloaded, I cant even press esc or space to pause, but the guitar can still be played and sound through the amp. I thought maybe I hadn't downloaded D3dx9_42.dll properly so I redownloaded, I also downloaded Rocksmith.patcher, but nothing seems to work

10 answers to this question

Well, try this one http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/little-wing-6fingers-version-r12743

and make sure you read\watched tutorials about CDLC installation process

Pro Tip: you'll get small console window under Windows that usually indicates that you have things done right, just switch off to desktop after you reach "begin" screen.

Hi have you put the D3dx9_42.dll in the right rs 2014 folder it should be in the first page of rs2014,mine is in this location, Cdrive-program files (x86)-steam-steamapps-common-rocksmith2014,i only ask as i put it in the dlc folder when i first done it!lol

Regards xacuit

I had the same EXACT problem you guys are having. Here's what you have to do. Now in the tutorial it said that you had to make sure steam was running and I wasn't really sure what that meant but got frustrated enough to go take a nap. Upon waking I thought maybe he meant that Rocksmith had to be open and running through Steam. So I tried it and it worked perfectly. No more stalling out with just amps and no fretboard. Ok. So. here it goes. Open Rocksmith through steam. Then minimize Rocksmith to access your start menu then navigate your way to through program files > Steam > Steam apps > common > Rocksmith 2014 > then double click the Rocksmith Patcher. A black command prompt screen or whatever is should come up that say something like trying to locate game, game found,

game already running, patching. (I haven't tried it with the dll file) when patched it should say Done! you can now play custom cdlc! or something like that. I was very happy to finally figure it out. So I hope this helps everyone that is stuck at the amps and no music screen. Also to note : all of the cdlc songs that I have tried with riff repeater only allow for adjusting the speed NOT the difficulty, however I believe that to be dependent upon the creator of the cdlc. So remember, Open RS14 through steam. Let it load and all that to maybe when you see the learn a song menu. Then Minimize RS. Then navigate all the way to the rocksmith patcher file and run it. It should take you right back to your game through steam... Et Voila! you can play your cdlc songs =))

• Like 1

I had the same EXACT problem you guys are having. Here's what you have to do. Now in the tutorial it said that you had to make sure steam was running and I wasn't really sure what that meant but got frustrated enough to go take a nap. Upon waking I thought maybe he meant that Rocksmith had to be open and running through Steam. So I tried it and it worked perfectly. No more stalling out with just amps and no fretboard. Ok. So. here it goes. Open Rocksmith through steam. Then minimize Rocksmith to access your start menu then navigate your way to through program files > Steam > Steam apps > common > Rocksmith 2014 > then double click the Rocksmith Patcher. A black command prompt screen or whatever is should come up that say something like trying to locate game, game found,

game already running, patching. (I haven't tried it with the dll file) when patched it should say Done! you can now play custom cdlc! or something like that. I was very happy to finally figure it out. So I hope this helps everyone that is stuck at the amps and no music screen. Also to note : all of the cdlc songs that I have tried with riff repeater only allow for adjusting the speed NOT the difficulty, however I believe that to be dependent upon the creator of the cdlc. So remember, Open RS14 through steam. Let it load and all that to maybe when you see the learn a song menu. Then Minimize RS. Then navigate all the way to the rocksmith patcher file and run it. It should take you right back to your game through steam... Et Voila! you can play your cdlc songs =))

Tks,buddy,I try successfully in your way. But there's 2 CDLC I can't find in the game. Can you try and check  you can see the 2 song in the game ?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0b1xbdxjaq9t1ts/Job-For-A-Cowboy_Entombment-Of-A-Machine_v6_5_DD_bassfix_p.psarc 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yaqdtvvbu63dzq3/Bullet_For_My_Valentine_Ashes_Of_The_Innocent_v1_DD_p.psarc