Reset offset to zero/leading silence - any way to keep the bpm the same?

bob64

One of my current pet peeves is the inability to add the exact amount of silence to keep the bpm the same when I've got everything synced up, but when I reset offset to zero, it adds whatever other bpm in front, which totally fucks up any gp5 imports I do later.

Any way to just tell either gp5 imports to stop following the eof beatmap OR stop moving my freaking notes when I drag the first BPM line OR add a function to eliminate the problem entirely by combining it with the insert silence function to insert whatever is + whatever extra needed to maintain the bpm?

• Administrator

Just don't reset the offset to zero since it's useless and will fuck up your gp import.

If you really want to have some beat line before the chart start, you can add beat manually.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Yes you should add only 4 beats (one measure) before the song starts. Maybe more if it's 6/8 or other beatmap

• Like 1

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

... and then add count-in ticks on the four pre-song-beats and your custom will feel like official content ;) The drummer will count you in!

Hit "Shift + E" on every of those four beats and select event "B0" for the first beat and "B1" for the other three beats.

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

OR add a function to eliminate the problem entirely by combining it with the insert silence function to insert whatever is + whatever extra needed to maintain the bpm?

One of the leading silence options is to "pad" the leading silence to a certain amount. For example, you can pad it to 4 beats then reset the offset and it will fill the gap in with beats of the same tempo. If you do this, it's better to use the re-encode leading silence option though, because stream copy doesn't give to-the-millisecond precision and you can end up with one tiny beat after this process.