Customs Tag

Frack

There yet one variant. Lyrics is grey. All color with shadow in space between arrow, solid color. And there varian where is bonus rhythm - empty space in middle arrow.

http://i.imgur.com/ihfEidX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KKRRepJ.jpg

May be for clear view of all variants of color back image there possible to make easy gradient to color of arrows.

This is a great idea and something that I would love to see.  But, and maybe I missed something here, how could this be applied to CDLC that we already have?  Would it be necessary to edit each file one by one?

Rick Abshier

Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Fender Short Scale Jazz Bass

If a programmer is interrested, the program just needs to extract the song, search the differents parts

& apply on the (128x128)  XXX_128.dds picture one .png layer(arrow) for each partition; found in the XXX_p_Pc\songs\bin\generic    folder for exemple.

So it can be added to an existing program wich already scan/handle customs or done from scratch.

The toolkit generates one toolkit.version file writing one more line in it would allow to know if the file have already been "Tagged" or needs to be done, if the toolkit want to handle this function, the toolkit can add it automatically at songs creation as he knows the differents parts incuded in the song.

It's still a concept (advanced) for now, we need to finalyse/ examine the upcoming differents ideas/suggestions & the most important if the community is interrested by this kind of modifications on the labels.

Once the idea finalised, a vote system would be great.

I'll give the differents .png or .dds, already scaled, centered etc.. but i'm not a programmer.

• Like 3

There yet one variant. Lyrics is grey. All color with shadow in space between arrow, solid color. And there varian where is bonus rhythm - empty space in middle arrow.

http://i.imgur.com/ihfEidX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KKRRepJ.jpg

May be for clear view of all variants of color back image there possible to make easy gradient to color of arrows.

I have been watching this with interest and these latest images would be an ideal indication of the different parts of a song as in game it would be smaller and harder to see, so the thicker arrow markers are ideal and fit well into the interface. It is a shame that you can't change the 'DLC' to 'CDLC' or even 'DLCC', since I noticed that there is a larger gap on the right hand side of the tag there.

The diagonal red lines there on the second picture obviously wont need to be there, but if people like that as an indication if non of the aforementioned is possible to differentiate between cdlc and official dlc, those lines would only need to cover a small portion of the top of the album art.

I expect most of us would like the ability to apply this format to all of our current and future dlc, weather or not the mod would add this retroactively or if it would have to be a small program to apply it to the cdlc's, I wouldn't mind either way.

I'm not a programmer so cannot provide any help there, but this is definitely something I would/am interested in using with RS2014 as it would be much easier and clearer to differentiate between official and custom dlcs and can thank you very much for even taking this on.

tris

• Like 1

@@Rockinbiscuit :

"It is a shame that you can't change the 'DLC' to 'CDLC' or even 'DLCC', since I noticed that there is a larger gap on the right hand side of the tag there."

As there's no in game modifications required i only could add a C just after the arrow :DLC     C (in the modifiable able area)

There's no added red lines here's the original label (unmodified):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/99/U2_-_How_to_Dismantle_an_Atomic_Bomb_%28Album_Cover%29.png

We try to keep the bring modifications discrete but visible (don't worry, we don't want to add this kind of visualisation).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm loving this idea - but would argue that there isn't really a need to show the existence of a vocals track.

By skipping that, would that open up a bit more screen real-estate to better show things we care about? L/R/B//BL/BR/BB

Suggestion, The top half of the arrow only is coloured if only a Lead / Rhythm / Bass path is there.

The bottom half only gets coloured in if there is a bonus for that path....

That could permit something like this to exist... In this example, there is a Bonus Lead and Bonus Bass, but no bonus Rhythm.

DLC \ \

/ /   /

Doh, lead and rhythm colours are switched, but you get the idea.

• Like 2

@@ZagatoZee it's an interresting idea,

1st i've think for a common consensus, but now i guess if severals systems/Themes according to the user's tastes can't be implemented instead.

The idea would be to use the database of the CDLC search engine :

http://search.customsforge.com/

or ignition

or the custom itself to know the differents available parts.

A program GUI's would allow to choose the "Theme" wich will content the differents arrows (or something else) layers to apply to the CDLC Label/cover.

• Like 1

• Administrator

I think it should be normalized inside the toolkit itself so that you always know what you are heading for, if everyone choose what they prefer you might end up having 10 CDLC with 10 different colour code and all...

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I had a play in PS this morning.

The colours I chose are the same as the ingame colours for each path.

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/zagatozee/Album-Tags---animation_zpsq2fcungl.gif

Please feel free to edit / butcher / use / ignore this psd as you like. It is just a suggestion.

That GIF should be 1:1 for ingame.

PSD Link- https://copy.com/UymyeKfYCCqNBqOp

My thinking is that the toolkit could generate the album art based on what it sees. Each layer could be a tiny png that is added to the art... I don't know. Just throwing ideas out there. 
Maybe the toolkit can retrospectively add these to existing art, based on the way the CDLC renamer tool does?

Edit #4 or so.... Alternatively, the entire arrow could be used per path and maybe add a White Stripe to denote a bonus is available for that path?

Edit #5, I intentionally chose the Illusion II cover - as I knew it'd be quite close to the Bass colour... wanted to see fi it would be obvious against it or not.

Edit #25....

Option 2, Full arrows are used for showing paths, Alternate options are shown with a center white stripe.

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/zagatozee/Album-Tags---Alternate---large-chevrons-gif_zps9vni8xs7.gif

Alternate psd file should anyone want to mess with it - https://copy.com/2SpOQM6iYWEV47Dx

• Like 1

@@firekorn I was thinking that @@Frack idea could be something implemented after download, like a mod for the game which allows a setting to make it look however you like... while we are dreaming of neat things.. xD

Yes it's the idea the customs themselfs are untouched in the database/stock, it's a post threatment of your "song collection".

to allow everybody to freely choose to apply this kind of modification on the covers or not (some people may found the concept uninterresting/looks crap..).

• Like 3

• Administrator

Isn't the post treatment more work for anybody instead of a transparent integration in the toolkit?

I think both possibilities are good to consider i would love to apply those tag directly to my own custom available for download (so the easier it is for me while creating the custom the better) and also being able to apply it to custom i download that don't already have the tag. The last option might not be needed if it was already automatically applied to any custom that are created by the toolkit.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

"Isn't the post treatment more work for anybody instead of a transparent integration in the toolkit?"

Since the beginning of this project i want to automatize the tag process,

I've got 3800+ customs & i would like to automatically tag them in 1 click.

For the news customs & toolkit integration it would be more convenient, but you don't leave any "theme" choice to the community.

actually there's no warranty the toolkit programmers/community wants to implement this feature in the the toolkit.

"The last option might not be needed if it was already automatically applied to any custom that are created by the toolkit".

I think The old ones still needs that post treatment.

• Like 2

• Administrator

At first yes the post treatment is needed.

It's just my opinion and as a creator I would like to need only few software and the toolkit already integrated many feature made by the community like the metronome feature or the bass fix for low note so I don't think it would be a problem to implement it.

Anyway it's just an opinion and you do whatever you want with it

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

"Anyway it's just an opinion and you do whatever you want with it"

All the opinions are crucial, it helps the idea evolve & acquire news directions, several brains are always better than only one;

I've only throw the idea but it's a community feature, i won't do what i want but what's the best (compromise) for most peoples (even if i disagree with any future decisions, i'll follow).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@@ForgeOn In fact the 256*256.dds file included in each customs seems unused & won't be modified, so we can use it as backup.

(The 64*64 is for list unselected song & 128*128 for selected song.)

@@Rockinbiscuit we need an interrested programmer to automatize the "album tag" process.

It's much harder to notice difference between CDLC and DLC in past months, I'd liketo have all CDLC sourced as CDLC, so could filter songs by :)

That's a good sign.

It would require a new Category in order to filter them i think.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...