Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

and since we are talking about outside of the audio end, there seems to be an issue with it.

What i have noticed it that sometimes after i import a tab and halve the bpm with the "adjust notes" obviously the notes will go now way beyond the end of audio area, now after i double the bpm again with "adjust notes" in a lot of cases the last 50 to 30% of the notes are lost and the last notes that are visible are all stacked in a pile and messed up. I think that it could be  because of chord slides causing some sort of issue when double the bpm again.

ill see if i can build a test case for you. The double and halve bpm is usually needed when there is an exotic time sig and its the worst when already the starting sig is exotic.

Second thing is that when using ctrl+b in tech mode in a lot of cases the input field does contain characters that i entered in other input fields that are not associated with bend strength. If i stay in tech mode and add bend strenght all the time the input field does have always the bend strength value that i entered before and thats fine, but once i go out of tech view and to other things and go back it ca happen that the input field of ctrl+b will contain chars that dont belong there. Sometimes it does contain even the whole custom name of the Track if i renamed it previously using the rename function.

I think you tried to fix this a couple of revisions ago but it still does exist. I havent noticed it in normal view but in tech mode it happens to me a lot.

Another request, if it's possible. add ability to autoadd measures when you need to move notes outside end of the audio(like you did for gp import.) extend to extra 8 measures 4\4 or what # of measures you can safely handle..

Most of the note manipulation functions don't intend to allow notes to be moved off the right edge of the chart. Adding this kind of feature could be problematic for most operations, but for the move by grid snap function it may not be too much of an issue, because at most notes are being moved 1 measure (if a custom grid snap of 1 interval per measure is set). Would just adding extra beats for that menu function be fine for now?

about last I said that ctrl+[ and ctrl+] reminds me functions Push offset Up\Down from the bpm menu.

It behaves somewhat similar, except the push offset functions only modify the "MIDI delay", basically offsetting the entire chart by a given amount. The move by grid snap functions only operate on the selected notes and alter nothing else (unless moving notes on top of other notes and they combine).

ill see if i can build a test case for you. The double and halve bpm is usually needed when there is an exotic time sig and its the worst when already the starting sig is exotic.

If you are able to reproduce this phenomenon on demand by opening a project and performing the same set of steps each time, I'd definitely want to try to investigate it.

Second thing is that when using ctrl+b in tech mode in a lot of cases the input field does contain characters that i entered in other input fields that are not associated with bend strength.

Thanks, I've fixed this. This problem has probably been around since tech notes were first able to have a bend strength of 0.

• Administrator

About PM note with no sustain, it makes sense since they aren't meant to have sustain with the way they are played and i don't remember seing a PMed note with sustain on any official song i've seen so far.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

and since we are talking about outside of the audio end, there seems to be an issue with it.

What i have noticed it that sometimes after i import a tab and halve the bpm with the "adjust notes" obviously the notes will go now way beyond the end of audio area, now after i double the bpm again with "adjust notes" in a lot of cases the last 50 to 30% of the notes are lost and the last notes that are visible are all stacked in a pile and messed up. I think that it could be  because of chord slides causing some sort of issue when double the bpm again.

This is the problem that I have tried to describe (badly) in the past.

The workaround I use is to make sure the first beat marker (where I need it in the audio) is the beginning of the GP import, so you can re-import the GP file to your heart's content over your pre-made beat map, then you get the end of your chart back.

This isn't perfect, as you still get red tech notes doing this (importing over a non 120 beat map).  Also, you need to NOT let it add bars as the beginning (if you dragged the beat map to the audio, usually happens when GP files have notes bang on the the first bar) until you are happy that you have your full chart and beat map - if you let it add the extra bars to fill out the blank space at the start, the next GP import will be in the wrong place.

The other obvious problem is that you need to finalise the beat map before messing with the actual tabs (wrong tabs, move tabs, tech notes) as when you re-import it will reset your work.

Sounds more complicated than it is...  basically finalise your beat map then re-import the GP file.  Complex beat maps with the full (not broken) chart...  :)

I'm leaning toward making that change (sustains removed from PM notes during GP import), I just want to allow some more time for people to give their opinion on it.

The change makes sense, i actually cant remember having imported a GP tab with sustain on pm notes/chords but maybe the sustain was just not visible in EOF.

Letting PM notes/chords ring is in some metal genres used but rare. I think that you will cover the most genres by having the sustain removed from pm notes/chords

While we're talking about truncating short notes, I still wish EoF wouldn't remove sustain from chords, even with truncate short notes enabled.

Is there any way I can manually prevent EoF from doing this, by editing the source code for example?

In what situations do you need the missing sustain?

In every situation where the chord's sustain is truncated. When there's a single chord, in-game you'll just get a chord with a millimeter of sustain. Just looks silly.

Besides, the reasoning behind truncating short notes was to free up the screen from unnecessary clutter. Adding sustain to chords does not clutter up the screen.

This is the problem that I have tried to describe (badly) in the past.

Likewise if you can reproduce it reliably, please send me the relevant files and steps and I'll see if I can fix it.

While we're talking about truncating short notes, I still wish EoF wouldn't remove sustain from chords, even with truncate short notes enabled.

In the past, and even now if I'm not mistaken, Rocksmith official charts don't display sustains for chords as part of their normal authoring practice (except when there are techniques that require it). You can force sustains tails to be exported for a chord by applying the "sustain" status to it in EOF.

• Administrator

Sincerely the small highlight also exist in officials and it's not really a problem and if you really need to selecting all chords to make them just a bit longer isn't that hard to do.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Quarter note length chord do have their proper length. I believe shorter chords do as well.  Seeing as all chords that are a quarter note or shorter in duration are truncated, it IS hard/time consuming to get every chord to their proper duration. Might not make much of a difference if the BPM is high, but in those songs where it's low, it really makes all the difference.

Besides, aren't we going for accuracy here?

Automatically removing sustains from short notes is a GP import behavior only. If you want, you can turn that off in File>Preferences. If the chord is authored in EOF as having a quarter note sustain, then it does export with a handshape tag of that length and the handshape highlighting will reflect that. I'm not seeing that there's a problem to fix in this regard.

I've updated GP import to truncate the sustains from ntoes that are palm muted or fully string-muted, since playing them that way generally doesn't allow them to ring out and is more accurate in most cases.

Automatically removing sustains from short notes is a GP import behavior only. If you want, you can turn that off in File>Preferences. If the chord is authored in EOF as having a quarter note sustain, then it does export with a handshape tag of that length and the handshape highlighting will reflect that. I'm not seeing that there's a problem to fix in this regard.

The problem with disabling truncating of short notes, is that it also disables it for single notes, which I don't want. I just want to truncate the single notes, not the chords.

The problem with disabling truncating of short notes, is that it also disables it for single notes, which I don't want. I just want to truncate the single notes, not the chords.

That's a pretty specific preference, it would probably have to be something that you'd continue to do manually for now.

There are probably some conflicting statuses EOF won't complain about, but I agree it shouldn't export both of them to the same XML file. One reason somebody may want to put both slide types on a note is if they want to just author a chart once and save the project to get an XML file each for Rocksmith 1 and Rocksmith 2. I can update RS2 export to ignore pitched slide if an unpitched slide is defined.

can I request TapBPM function for EOF change bpm feature? just count it while I push spacebar  in bpm txt field and you can put notice about that somewhere, that would be useful feature for me and not only for me ;)

EOF doesn't have that function exactly, but the "Beat>Calculate BPM" function is kind of similar. What it does is look at the selected notes and assumes they each represent a beat marker, and then gets the averaged tempo based on their distance from each other, applying the resulting tempo on the selected beat. So you would go into Preferences and set the guitar tap input method, play the chart on a track difficulty you don't care if you get a little messy and press F1 on the beat to place gems. Then pause the playback, select the beat marker whose tempo you're trying to estimate, select the notes you added during playback and use the calculate BPM function. There are plenty of tap tempo estimating programs and websites already, so adding something more comprehensive to do the same in EOF may not be worth the effort.

• Like 1

I've got strange eof import for one of my gp5 tabulatures: 
it's import chord with link next attribute chord with tied note and ghost notes(should ghost notes be for link next?) 
and tied notes handling should produce crazy notes with sustain in case like this I suppouse.. 

http://i.imgur.com/nuqoCON.png

This nat harmonies was handled correctly(i only loosed harmony on 12 fret because of tied notes), but chord before have tied note, so it imports like 2 chords, 2nd as linked chord(last tied note here at 12 fret harmony, dawmn tabber is bloody bastard..)

http://i.imgur.com/AqQU3pF.png
and nat. hamonics are usually 0 sustained.
(r1349 was about tied notes)

Feature request\announce
I'm going to dig around note length calculation based on TS and BPM for the gp import, if you can point me toplace were I can read about\line in gp_import.c to start at - I'll do dirt work :)

If you can send me the GP5 file(s) in question I could take a look at the import issue you mentioned.

As far as note lengths, EOF only imports them with the length defined in the GP file (as measures). To get the note lengths to match with the real-time duration, the tempo mapping would have to be changed, but that's never something I intended regular GP import to do, so this change would likely be a significant amount of work. Could you clarify what you're wanting to change?

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1359) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

**Fixed a bug introduced in r1354 where the "GP import truncates short notes" preference could incorrectly remove sustain from chord bends during GP import.

*Improved the lyric export to be able to save lyrics into project folders whose paths contain special characters.

*Improved the "Tone change>Add" function to edit the existing tone change instead of creating an overlapping one, if a tone change already exists at the current seek position.

*Fixed a bug where the "Set bend strength" input field wasn't properly cleared when the function is used in tech view.

*Improved GP import so that notes that are palm muted or fully string muted lose their sustain.

*Improved RS2 export to only export unpitched slide status for notes that are defined as both a pitched and an unpitched slide.

The new lyric export behavior is that EOF has FoFLC create the output lyrics into a temporary file in EOF's program folder and then that temporary file is copied to the project folder with the appropriate name after the export completes. The only requirement for this to work is that EOF's program folder does not contain any special characters in its path.

• Like 1

@@raynebc, example file is here: https://copy.com/UhwhtPMoXTOuX1mk
I'll try to implement things by myself and then I can explain what I need xD

I think about note durations based on BPM so I can use notes lenght related to tab bpm.
here is online calc: http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-bpmtempotime.htm (most advanced)
or 
http://www.harmoniccycle.com/hc/music-07-tempo_and_note_length.htm
or
http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/NoteLength.htm