Tremolo Picking

mg23

Question

10 answers to this question

Are you talking about adding it into a chart you're working on? If so, you should be able to select the notes you want to have that technique and use the Note>Tremolo>Mark function. Unless I'm mistaken though, only entire notes can have the technique, so if you want the effect of a sustain note only having tremolo part-way, you'll need to use multiple notes and the linknext mechanism (in Note>Edit pro guitar note) to combine a regular note with a following tremolo note or vice-versa.

I have tried the Note>Tremolo>Mark, but with no success. The notes are definitely marked and present with the three slashes on the first note, but the tremolo graphic in-game does not appear. When selecting the notes, do I select multiple notes that are to be played with tremolo picking, or select a single note and somehow dictate the length? Also, do I need to adjust any parameters with the track difficulty? 

You would need to apply tremolo to all notes that need the technique, you can do it one at a time, all at once or any combination in between, it doesn't matter. Keep in mind that if a note is not sustained, it may not be long enough to see any tremolo notation in-game. Another thing to note is that EOF's handling of tremolo status changes if you have removed a track's difficulty limit (ie. if the difficulties are displayed as numbers instead of names like "Expert"), EOF's manual's description for the Note>Tremolo function explains this in detail.

Every time I've made tremolo in a song, I've had to add it manually.  On GP import, EoF shows the red tremolo mark at the bottom of the pane on the individual note(s) (three thick red downward sloping lines), but that does not translate to tremolo in game.

To make it work in game, in EoF you need the region to be highlighted pink, which does not import.

At least in my experience...

Next time I come across tremolo I'll varify what I'm saying and pass on the GP file.

When I tried it just now, it does add the tremolo sections, however depending on your preferences these sections can be tied to the specific track difficulty and are only visible if you have removed the difficulty limit (Track>Rocksmith menu). The reasoning for this is given in the manual's description of the Guitar Pro Import function.