Is there anyway to edit the tuning of those 7 string songs?

Codorna

Question

Is there anyway to edit the tuning of those 7 string songs and make rocksmith still detect when you play?

I remember in RS2012 some people would put songs in E but change something that when you played the E chord a A would play in-game , I'd like to do something like that so I could play some of my favorite songs

I can edit it in the toolkit but then the game won't recognize any chords and it doesn't sound that cool, but oh well, better than not playing... but if there's a way i'd like to know.

Thank you.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Short tutorial on how to deal with 7 strings:
When you import tab in EOF(hope you've got one of last revisions) select drop 1st string
Now you've got B Standard tuning for 6 string guitars(Heavy gauge strings required)
just use beta toolkit, add arrangement and confirm tuning.
All should work now.
*For 5-sting bass you'd better read about low tuning fix.

I remember in RS2012 some people would put songs in E but change something that when you played the E chord a A would play in-game

This was done by using the Harmonizer pedal.  Thankfully we don't need it anymore if you do what Alex360 and Nacholede said.

FYI, the Harmonizer equivalent in RS2014 is called Multipitch but it sucks.