Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

Can you recommend any Stratocasters / SG?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Offline   Sanderat

Sanderat

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • 1 thanks

I want a new guitar, I prefer Stratocasters and SG. I need a new guitar because my current one sounds like crap. 

My budget is: 

600-800 Euro / 700-1000$

Offline   pboaz

pboaz

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
You're in Serious Guitar territory with the budget. Id go for a U.S. made Strat on the second hand market. But I think you could also get an American special new for that price.

Can't comment on SGs. But I think a new Gibson is in range.

Must be nice to have that cash burning a hole in your pocket

Offline   shepardbr

shepardbr

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Heh..I am till playing my Costco Strat. I did change out the pickups and did a bit of setup that cost more than the guitar kit itself! Sounds and plays OK at my level though. I was wondering myself if I should move up to better gear as I improve. Let us know what you decide.

Online   MaZtoR

MaZtoR

Great A'Tuin

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • 74 thanks

http://www.everythingsg.com/forum/

http://www.strat-tal...forum/index.php

Offline   dazedandbemused

dazedandbemused

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • 5 thanks

You're in Serious Guitar territory with the budget. Id go for a U.S. made Strat on the second hand market. But I think you could also get an American special new for that price.

Can't comment on SGs. But I think a new Gibson is in range.

Must be nice to have that cash burning a hole in your pocket

In that price range, it's probably more like a new Gibson SG Special. I have one, and I do like it... BUT... the neck is chunky, and it;s poorly balanced(to the extent that I'm considering buying a Bigsby to add some weight to the heel end).

And having played a friend's SG standards(Gibsons, one with humbuckers and one with P90s), I can tell you they do feel very different(though not as good as my LP classic).

Offline   PC Plum

PC Plum

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts
  • 806 thanks

I'd buy a Strat in a heartbeat.  No point arguing one way or another, it's just what you prefer.

I'd definitely get in a shop and try out some guitars though, don't just buy something online cause it looks nice.

Offline   dazedandbemused

dazedandbemused

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • 5 thanks

I'd buy a Strat in a heartbeat.  No point arguing one way or another, it's just what you prefer.

I'd definitely get in a shop and try out some guitars though, don't just buy something online cause it looks nice.

Besides, if looking nice was what you were after, the PRS SE range sits around his price point, and they're very pretty.

Offline   richomat

richomat

Master Guitarist

• Day One Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • 22 thanks

Steam Profile

with Hendrix as your avatar it has to be a strat.. i have a white mexican standard with maple fretboard.. plays like a dream and the neck feels better then the warmoth neck on my partscaster.. the mexican standards from the last production years are a huge step up in quality.. even the electronics are US pots and switches.. i even left the ceramic pickus in the guitar.. i screwed them down almost flush to the pickguard.. they are very versatile and i like them better then the seymour duncan aps-1 in my partscaster.. only drawback is: the neck has only 21 frets