How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

13 minutes ago, Nick Beat said:

If you mean unzip, just find an unzip utility online. There are all kinds, done with free trial.

if it’s a DLL file, you don’t open it, you put it in the folder where Rocksmith.exe is.

(sorry, I can’t remember whether I zipped it or not and I can’t go check right now)

14 minutes ago, Nick Beat said:

If you mean unzip, just find an unzip utility online. There are all kinds, done with free trial.

if it’s a DLL file, you don’t open it, you put it in the folder where Rocksmith.exe is.

(sorry, I can’t remember whether I zipped it or not and I can’t go check right now)

Omg thank you it worked !! Was the dll file  now working  thank you all 

• Like 1

@ Nick Beat  Hope you are feeling better!

@ Sniper Reload3d  Thank you for your help.

I tried your suggestions, but still not seeing any of the CDLC files showing up. Only the ones I had before (bobmtre, elvisusp, funsome, jackiwan, outkheyy, traidrop). I added cherubrock to this directory (originally was in the 'Song Pack I' folder). I also got rid of the _p file (since I'm on a mac).

I now have cherubrock_m in the root folder and other _m songs in the 'Song Pack I' folders.

Still no CDLC songs are showing up. I'm guessing it is usually easier than this... Thank you for the help.

Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 9.03.50 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 9.05.47 AM.png

1 hour ago, Ballhooter said:

@ Nick Beat  Hope you are feeling better!

@ Sniper Reload3d  Thank you for your help.

I tried your suggestions, but still not seeing any of the CDLC files showing up. Only the ones I had before (bobmtre, elvisusp, funsome, jackiwan, outkheyy, traidrop). I added cherubrock to this directory (originally was in the 'Song Pack I' folder). I also got rid of the _p file (since I'm on a mac).

I now have cherubrock_m in the root folder and other _m songs in the 'Song Pack I' folders.

Still no CDLC songs are showing up. I'm guessing it is usually easier than this... Thank you for the help.

Hmmm. Ok, I’m going to suggest you head to the Discord group (see below an at top of page and visit #mac-os. You can ask there, @Ping_for_mac_os is the expert. Sorry we couldn’t get it fixed 😞

46 minutes ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

When and how did you obtain Cherub Rock?

Ah, yes. There’s that. And… not the root folder, the DLC folder for Cherub Rock. CDLC go in a subfolder of the DLC folder.

sorry to say the “flu” or whatever it is is at me again, so I likely will not be monitoring much 😞

14 minutes ago, Chewiescuz said:

guess im SOL

If you are still unable to download the enabler, scroll back on page 45 and find the link that Nick Beat provided to the .dll and place that in the appropriate folder. Again, look at those posts on that page for where that is.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chewiescuz said:

i dont know why or what, but every single browser i try to download it from refuses, states there is a virus so its not letting me download, so guess im SOL? 

The link referred to in the previous post begins with “os5”, btw.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 11:48 AM, Sniper Reload3d said:

When and how did you obtain Cherub Rock?

Just recently, with the "Song Pack I". I already had 6 other DLCs (that work well) in the same dlc folder (see folder pic).

1 hour ago, Ballhooter said:

Just recently, with the "Song Pack I". I already had 6 other DLCs (that work well) in the same dlc folder (see folder pic).

I already saw the folders. There is no date next to them, that is why I asked. Did you use the RSConvert utility  to change the cDLC songs appID/Song ID to the appID/Song ID of one of the DLCs that you already own?

• Like 1

Just now, Sniper Reload3d said:

Thought it was covered in the/your video as well but as I didn't see he that had, I mentioned it in my last post.

Well... there's a lot of stuff, so things can drop out in reading. That's another good reason for the FAQ type of thing. It's hard to keep track of what was said or not on here....

Hello. I got a new pc, installed Steam and Rocksmith 2014 that I hadn't played in a couple of years. I didn't put cdlc yet (I had it on my older pc, and have the Cherub Rock). I tried to download yesterday and spent some time trying to figure out how to let windows let me download stuff on my own computer. Anyway. (I figured it out)

Thing is, plain Rocksmith isn't launching. i click launch on library, seems like it's gonna, hangs for a few seconds, then poof, nada.

Is it because I have 13900K? Read a few pages back there was some problems with it?

More importantly, if I download and install "the tool" does  it help fix it? Or should I try to fix it before installing? If so... can someone help me how? I saw a video that said something about removing Steam stuff from audio devices, but I haven't got that there.

I appreciate the help. I really miss playing!

I’m not a windows expert, but:

1. The installer may know about the CPU or not, but it won’t hurt to try it (you may get virus warning but that’s also discussed recently , not an issue)

2. if you look up you can find someone with the high thread CPU and how and where to get the right patch, which you can place manually.

Just make sure you don’t have two there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vjeshitza said:

Is it because I have 13900K

Doesn't mean it is, but more than likely. Rocksmith 2014 for whatever reason and 32 threads do not get along. The current .dll or the one specifically for the 32 threads (since you have Cherub Rock) should work in this case. I am not promising anything as I personally do not have a 32 thread cpu yet, but as from what I have read it will. I have also read that if you are savvy and competent, and have the ability in the bios to limit threads, or setting the AFFINITY of the "steam.exe process" in the task manager to a total of fewer than 32 cores/threads will fix the issue. I have seen other work arounds, but hey, if the .dll alone fixes why mess with that other junk?

• Like 1