Cant get past Menu Screen

Blunderhill

Question

I just downloaded Rocksmith Remastered to my PC with Steam. However every time I try to play it the screen image is all blown out and the sound is distorted I can even see any settings options that I could use to try and fix this. As it stands I cant event play the base game much less any DLC. I'm currently at a loss so any suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

10 answers to this question

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone I finally got it to work. I had to make it window mode to get into the game settings but once I did I was able to fix the audio by turning off the exclusive audio feature. I was able to fix the video problem by turning the resolution to max and making it an exclusive Fullscreen, now ready to rock!

37 minutes ago, Blunderhill said:

I just downloaded Rocksmith Remastered to my PC with Steam. However every time I try to play it the screen image is all blown out and the sound is distorted I can even see any settings options that I could use to try and fix this. As it stands I cant event play the base game much less any DLC. I'm currently at a loss so any suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Somethings that might help others diagnose your PC's problem;

Is this a new computer? What OS?

Have you downloaded and or played Rocksmith in the past on this computer, or on any computer?

are your drivers up to date?

4 hours ago, Blunderhill said:

However every time I try to play it the screen image is all blown out and the sound is distorted I can even see any settings options that I could use to try and fix this.

There was an issue in the latest version of the game which can cause camera zoom issues, but it shouldn't affect the UI scale.

Turn off Post Effects in your display settings in game. This effect mixed with Non-Exclusive Fullscreen and a resolution lower than your monitor's default resolution causes the camera to be too zoomed in.

Try lowering the game res in the .ini file and/or tuning off windows resolution scaling too.

As for the audio problems are you using the realtone cable or an interface with rsasio?

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

I use the  realtone cable but I cant even get to a point to where it matters. Its the guitar sounds during the loading screen that are distorted. It sounds like my speaker cable is fried ( its fine for everything else). Same with the in game settings I cant get past the start menu to make adjustments. I've added some screenshots hopefully they help give a better picture of whats going on.

Screenshot 2023-08-27 190457.png

Screenshot 2023-08-27 131227.png

Screenshot 2023-08-27 190433.png

are you using a large screen tv / tv in 4k?

As Coldrampage said, the rocksmith.ini can be edited in windows outside of the game, it will be in the game files.

your .ini probably has this setting in it by default:

ScreenWidth=0
ScreenHeight=0
Fullscreen=1

set the screen width and height to your screen, i.e.:

ScreenWidth=1920
ScreenHeight=1080

for full screen set this to 0 if you want the game to run in window mode, 1 is default as fullscreen mode.

another option as he also said, is turning off windows resolution scaling. Other people reportedly having this problem have used this method instead of altering the .ini:

• Right-click on Rocksmith2014.exe in the game files and choose Properties
  • Select the "Compatibility" tab and click "Change high DPI settings"
  • In the box labeled "High DPI scaling override", put a checkmark in the box for "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" and select "Application"
  • in Windows 11 you should have a drop down menu, and from the drop-down menu, select System (Enhanced).

I myself am not using Windows 11, so I can not confirm all of this, but that should put you in the ballpark.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blunderhill said:

I use the  realtone cable but I cant even get to a point to where it matters. Its the guitar sounds during the loading screen that are distorted. It sounds like my speaker cable is fried ( its fine for everything else).

This sounds familiar... are you using USB speakers? I think I had a similar problem long ago with distorted sound since the startup screen (and some crashes in-game) and it seemed the culprit was my USB headset, maybe it mis-interacted with the RS cable (the real issue could have been with neighbouring USB ports?). I since then switched to analog stereo headphones and never had the problem again. Could that be your case as well?

53 minutes ago, Shroud said:

This sounds familiar... are you using USB speakers? I think I had a similar problem long ago with distorted sound since the startup screen (and some crashes in-game) and it seemed the culprit was my USB headset, maybe it mis-interacted with the RS cable (the real issue could have been with neighbouring USB ports?). I since then switched to analog stereo headphones and never had the problem again. Could that be your case as well?

Nah my speakers are an aux plug in. Thanks for the suggestion though 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Blunderhill said:

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone I finally got it to work. I had to make it window mode to get into the game settings but once I did I was able to fix the audio by turning off the exclusive audio feature. I was able to fix the video problem by turning the resolution to max and making it an exclusive Fullscreen, now ready to rock!

Excellent, glad you got it to work.

I had the same problem. I'm using Windows 11 but the suggestions below didn't work for me. I ended up following along with what @ Blunderhill  did and that worked at well. It allowed me to stay in the game and find the resolution that worked best without going in and out of the game. 

Thanks a bunch to this community. There is no way I would have figured this stuff out.

On 8/27/2023 at 8:05 PM, Sniper Reload3d said:

are you using a large screen tv / tv in 4k?

As Coldrampage said, the rocksmith.ini can be edited in windows outside of the game, it will be in the game files.

your .ini probably has this setting in it by default:

ScreenWidth=0
ScreenHeight=0
Fullscreen=1

set the screen width and height to your screen, i.e.:

ScreenWidth=1920
ScreenHeight=1080

for full screen set this to 0 if you want the game to run in window mode, 1 is default as fullscreen mode.

another option as he also said, is turning off windows resolution scaling. Other people reportedly having this problem have used this method instead of altering the .ini:

• Right-click on Rocksmith2014.exe in the game files and choose Properties
  • Select the "Compatibility" tab and click "Change high DPI settings"
  • In the box labeled "High DPI scaling override", put a checkmark in the box for "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" and select "Application"
  • in Windows 11 you should have a drop down menu, and from the drop-down menu, select System (Enhanced).

I myself am not using Windows 11, so I can not confirm all of this, but that should put you in the ballpark.