How do I access the shop to buy songs I can't download on Customforge?

kludermor

Question

The official songs can't be downloaded here. I get that.
But some of the songs I'm searching for has also been deleted from steam. (Kansas: Wayward son)

I then wanted to try and access the shop in Rocksmith, but I get the message: "Please enable steam community in-game to access the shop."
But how do I do that?

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, kludermor said:

The official songs can't be downloaded here. I get that.
But some of the songs I'm searching for has also been deleted from steam. (Kansas: Wayward son)

I then wanted to try and access the shop in Rocksmith, but I get the message: "Please enable steam community in-game to access the shop."
But how do I do that?

The in-game shop works through steam, you can't get delisted songs through there either. Most people also recommend not using it since it's slow and a pain to search through.

Try running the game through steam and making sure the overlay is enabled in properties? The only other steam community errors I seem to find are related to having g the overlay turned off.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

22 hours ago, coldrampage said:

The in-game shop works through steam, you can't get delisted songs through there either. Most people also recommend not using it since it's slow and a pain to search through.

Try running the game through steam and making sure the overlay is enabled in properties? The only other steam community errors I seem to find are related to having g the overlay turned off.

I can't turn on the Steam overlay. The option is grayed out and I can't select it.
I have several mods installed, but I don't remember if a mod would turn off the overlay? I don't even remember my installed mods any more since it was mostly fire and forget.

First assumption it is a mod disabling the overlay then. Google or whatever search engine tickles your fancy "mods that disable steam overlay" and see if you have any of those mods listed installed then. i.e. skyrim, final fantasy ...

As ColdRampage said, the in game shop feature is buggy, slow, and just a general P.i.t.a. to use. As also said the songs with expired licenses (delisted) are not and will not show up in there.

If it's globally turned off in steam settings it might not let you change it on a per-game basis which could be why it's greyed out in properties?
https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/3978-072C-18DF-FBF9

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

5 hours ago, coldrampage said:

If it's globally turned off in steam settings it might not let you change it on a per-game basis which could be why it's greyed out in properties?
https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/3978-072C-18DF-FBF9

Thanks. It was globally turned off. Now it's on and I have access to the shop.
But it's telling me there is only 36 unpurchased songs. And it keeps getting stuck at Kansas: Wayward son. I made one search for it, and I can't buy it or scroll away from it to browse other songs in the shop. Now it gets stuck at this song whenever I try to scroll past it.

Good thing we have customsforge. 😃

Like ColdRampage and I said, it is buggy. I went into it this morning and looked, and again just now. Carry on Wayward Son causes mine to jam as well. It should have been removed back in February when it was removed from purchase. Put in just about any other song that has been delisted into the search, you will see that they do not appear in game shop but for whatever reason both Kansas's songs do.