Jump to content

  • 0

RS2014-Mod-Installer thinks my game is pirated.


Scatterbrain71
 Share

Question

  I installed CDLC last week.  Everything worked fine up until today and I was forced to reinstall Rocksmith 2014 on my computer due to it crashing on startup.  I reinstalled and confirmed the game is working just fine.   I now want to use RS2014-Mod-install to get all these additional songs back and when I "Click to Unlock CDLC" it says "CustomForge doesn't support pirated /stolen copies of Rocksmith 2014".  It then opens my browser to the Steam page (which says its in my library).  How is it checking for a stolen copy?  There is literally no difference in how I installed the game last week and today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 7
  • Moderator
36 minutes ago, Scatterbrain71 said:

  I installed CDLC last week.  Everything worked fine up until today and I was forced to reinstall Rocksmith 2014 on my computer due to it crashing on startup.  I reinstalled and confirmed the game is working just fine.   I now want to use RS2014-Mod-install to get all these additional songs back and when I "Click to Unlock CDLC" it says "CustomForge doesn't support pirated /stolen copies of Rocksmith 2014".  It then opens my browser to the Steam page (which says its in my library).  How is it checking for a stolen copy?  There is literally no difference in how I installed the game last week and today.

New update broke the piracy check/cdlc and rs-mods. Use the beta branch and reinstall the dll + rs-mods.
unknown.png
https://old.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/xa49mq/important_update_coming_to_rocksmith_2014/

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
50 minutes ago, coldrampage said:

New update broke the piracy check/cdlc and rs-mods. Use the beta branch and reinstall the dll + rs-mods.
unknown.png
https://old.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/xa49mq/important_update_coming_to_rocksmith_2014/

Hi... Thanks for the solution, but Im unsure of how to do what you suggest. how do i go about reinstalling them through betas? or have I misunderstood your meaning?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, bfe said:

Hi... Thanks for the solution, but Im unsure of how to do what you suggest. how do i go about reinstalling them through betas? or have I misunderstood your meaning?

Taken from the post on reddit:


In our testing we noticed that some players who use Rocksmith 2014 with other programs may experience stability issues. For those players we've added a temporary legacy branch on Steam that can be accessed with the password "JustInCaseWeNeedIt". We only recommend using this branch if you experience issues after this latest update. Once those stability issues are resolved, we'll phase out this branch."

Might want to read the replies below that post, like how to disable auto updates for the game.
Good idea take a backup of the working modified game to, maybe we need to run 2014 in offline mode in the future, since it seems like UBI will block what they add to subscription-based RS+ instead of making DLC's available as a onetime purchase for RS 2014.
The RS+ library is pretty poor even with the claimed added 7000+ songs, almost all of the 183 Custom Forge songs I downloaded aren't even there.
Not sure how many songs RS 2014 comes with, but 439 minus those are DLC's I purchased, pretty much against their subscription-based model where I most probably only play hundreds of their thousands of songs.
On top it didn't support ASIO during beta and probably neither now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Hey guys! I was having the exact same issue and thankfully found this thread. My issue is all fixed with use of the beta branch. Same ol .dll file, same cherub rock. Only thing that changed for me was I believe the update (cant tell if was rocksmith/steam/windows but obviously something changed). I was going to be a sad boyo if I couldn't play bass after work. 

Thank you again so much for the beta branch!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Just to point out - this is a temporary workaround and I'm pretty sure those "stability issues" will get worked out with all speed and the beta stream will go away.  It's pretty obvious this is tied into agreements they've made with publishers to coincide with the launch of Rocksmith +, and as much as people will shake their fists at Ubisoft, it's related to a lot of legalese about the entire concept of CDLC (and managing delisted songs).  I'm confident the folks here will come up with a solution, but for the next little while we'll need to be careful firing up RS2014.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 9/10/2022 at 10:50 PM, Mineria said:

Taken from the post on reddit:


In our testing we noticed that some players who use Rocksmith 2014 with other programs may experience stability issues. For those players we've added a temporary legacy branch on Steam that can be accessed with the password "JustInCaseWeNeedIt". We only recommend using this branch if you experience issues after this latest update. Once those stability issues are resolved, we'll phase out this branch."

Might want to read the replies below that post, like how to disable auto updates for the game.
Good idea take a backup of the working modified game to, maybe we need to run 2014 in offline mode in the future, since it seems like UBI will block what they add to subscription-based RS+ instead of making DLC's available as a onetime purchase for RS 2014.
The RS+ library is pretty poor even with the claimed added 7000+ songs, almost all of the 183 Custom Forge songs I downloaded aren't even there.
Not sure how many songs RS 2014 comes with, but 439 minus those are DLC's I purchased, pretty much against their subscription-based model where I most probably only play hundreds of their thousands of songs.
On top it didn't support ASIO during beta and probably neither now.

great thanks, helps if I read thoroughly 😄  Will the tool be updated for the new version?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 9/12/2022 at 12:53 PM, sharkysi said:

Hey all, I dont get the option in Beta, it just says "None"? Any help please?

Same here, the list of beta branches is empty.

image.png.8d1bf16a3320757a615cbc6ccdd6a3ff.png

I didn't encounter any starting issues after the update. The only effect of the update is, that CDLCs don't start playing. They are properly listed, they play properly when opened from the list. After start the amps are loaded and the guitar input works OK. There is no fret-board, no tablature and no menu/key hints.

It feels like if they have added something during loading, expecting something in the song data, which the CDLCs don't have.

Original songs and DLCs play without problems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Moderator
27 minutes ago, Mano_MTh said:

Same here, the list of beta branches is empty.

image.png.8d1bf16a3320757a615cbc6ccdd6a3ff.png

I didn't encounter any starting issues after the update. The only effect of the update is, that CDLCs don't start playing. They are properly listed, they play properly when opened from the list. After start the amps are loaded and the guitar input works OK. There is no fret-board, no tablature and no menu/key hints.

It feels like if they have added something during loading, expecting something in the song data, which the CDLCs don't have.

Original songs and DLCs play without problems.

You need to enter the code "JustInCaseWeNeedIt" to get access to the beta branch, it's not listed by default.

You don't need to use the beta anymore tho since the tools have now been updated. Run this to stop the songs freezing before they load.
https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CDLCEnabler

it's not an new check they added in this update it's always been a thing which is why we use the modified dll to load custom songs. If you don't have the dll it'll just freeze before loading the song.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, coldrampage said:

You need to enter the code "JustInCaseWeNeedIt" to get access to the beta branch, it's not listed by default.

You don't need to use the beta anymore tho since the tools have now been updated. Run this to stop the songs freezing before they load.
https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CDLCEnabler

it's not an new check they added in this update it's always been a thing which is why we use the modified dll to load custom songs. If you don't have the dll it'll just freeze before loading the song.

Thanks a lot for the hint. It worked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Pheeeew, this still works. I was having issues with Windows and had to re-install, and therefore had to reinstall steam and rocksmith.  I kept getting the arrrrggghhh error (lol) and had tried almost everything. (I was trying to see if I could have steam on an SSD seperate from the 😄 drive so thought this was the issue. 2 reinstalls of steam later and Google was my friend. After the 3rd install I followed the instructions above and low and behold, it worked. Thank you, thank you, thank you 😄 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy