-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience "

Rodman

I absolutely love your carved top in build #2. I took part in the GGBO2022 last year, and that top/shape is easily as good as anything on there. The string stops not being in a straight line is also a really great idea.

Let music bring peace to our soul, and unite us above our tribes.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
On 1/9/2023 at 7:31 PM, Sniper Reload3d said:

I don't know how I missed this thread last year when you started the first one. I found the thread couple weeks ago. I am glad for you that you did a second one. If you are not careful, this will lead to a third one, a fourth one, then your thirtieth guitar. Then you will have to open Rodman's Guitars shop. Next thread tho, you will have to change the title as you can no longer claim zero wood working experience 😄,

Let me say, this is not an easy thing to do, experience or no experience.

Well.... ..... .... of course i am actually building my 3rd one 😂, and from the time i began my 2nd one i knew for the rest of my life i will always be building one, and i absolutely do not care how long it takes. The past 2 guitars took about a year each, that is great, if it goes faster at the next builds - is that better or worse? Guitar shop..... no - not that i wouldn´t sell them, but to be honest what would the price be? It´s 200hours+ on a build, if i use powertools on a lot of the steps and if i can vastly avoid to do things twice (that is actually the time consuming thing) i can cut it to 100 - 130 maybe..... so adding the material which will be 500€ i think i would not be comfortable to let go under 4000€ - those are not for sale, no - i am giving them away... I have 2 kids, and i am the godfather of 3 kids - so what i am going to do is build a very special custom one for each of them, as any good godfather/daddy does i am monthly saving a lil money for them, and i am going to build an extra cavity on the back next to the electrics (and potentially battery) as a secret compartment, put that money there and gift them the guitar when they leave school for good or turn 18... and maybe one year later i would call to ask if they ever opened that cover ;)....

so it´s another 5 guitars at least i will be needing over the next years, guitar 2 has already found it´s owner, 3 is dedicated, and i am planning to build a 7-string for myself one day and a bass, and if i find an empty slot i am tempted to ask other builders, esp @ GoatHerd   if he (they) would be interrested in an exchange build, which could be soo cool to follow the other one go... (which i hereby did without planning to do that now)

I love my life.
Grab some timber, build a guitar!

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

On 1/24/2023 at 4:32 AM, Rodman said:

Well.... ..... .... of course i am actually building my 3rd one 😂, and from the time i began my 2nd one i knew for the rest of my life i will always be building one, and i absolutely do not care how long it takes. The past 2 guitars took about a year each, that is great, if it goes faster at the next builds - is that better or worse? Guitar shop..... no - not that i wouldn´t sell them, but to be honest what would the price be? It´s 200hours+ on a build, if i use powertools on a lot of the steps and if i can vastly avoid to do things twice (that is actually the time consuming thing) i can cut it to 100 - 130 maybe..... so adding the material which will be 500€ i think i would not be comfortable to let go under 4000€ - those are not for sale, no - i am giving them away... I have 2 kids, and i am the godfather of 3 kids - so what i am going to do is build a very special custom one for each of them, as any good godfather/daddy does i am monthly saving a lil money for them, and i am going to build an extra cavity on the back next to the electrics (and potentially battery) as a secret compartment, put that money there and gift them the guitar when they leave school for good or turn 18... and maybe one year later i would call to ask if they ever opened that cover ;)....

so it´s another 5 guitars at least i will be needing over the next years, guitar 2 has already found it´s owner, 3 is dedicated, and i am planning to build a 7-string for myself one day and a bass, and if i find an empty slot i am tempted to ask other builders, esp @ GoatHerd   if he (they) would be interrested in an exchange build, which could be soo cool to follow the other one go... (which i hereby did without planning to do that now)

I love my life.

O collab would be amazing. Maybe something we can raffle off to the Custom Forge community & raise funds. Having said that there may be some complicated logistics, as I live in Rio de Janeiro. 

• Like 1

Let music bring peace to our soul, and unite us above our tribes.

On 1/24/2023 at 2:32 AM, Rodman said:

Well.... ..... .... of course i am actually building my 3rd one 😂,

Saw that coming.

Guitar shop..... no

I'm telling ya, you're headed there... it is becoming an addiction ...

As I said, I tried many years ago. had an entire wood working shop at my disposal, was an abysmal failure. Actually tho, few years ago, I already headed back down that rabbit hole. I just haven't had the time, and worse the area or room to work on one. I bought a couple slabs of timber. One is a chunk of purple heart wood, I intend on using for a short scale bass. I have a slab of bubinga for a neck. Honestly don't remember what the other chunks for bodies are. I got a couple coping saws, chisels, have most of the hardware, think only thing I need are tuning pegs. I have not been ambitious about starting it, and like I said, I just do not have the room to dedicate to making another.

• Like 1