Cold's Crap

coldrampage

Custom string colour generator update (26/06/2019)

Updated "WHERE THE FILES GO.txt" to fix slides, bends and stuff

Fixed the reset values. (colourblind colours based on this thing I made a while ago, not sure if they're any good since i'm not colourblind)

"Fixed" gradient (made less ass)

Still don't know why light colours don't work for the tuning pegs. Tried a bunch of things but nothing fixed it.

sorry its a bit boring lol

link to thread

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Custom string colour generator Update (28/06/2019)

Now generates chord menu icons (quite pleased with how it turned out tbh). Just click the "Generate chord ui" button
Updated "WHERE THE FILES GO.txt" to add how to change chord menu.
Removed some clutter from the folder.

New folders for chord ui things (see I can be organised)

New .bat file for converting the chords to dds

link to thread

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• 4 weeks later...

Nifskope. To open .nif (model) files. I don't think we can add custom models without finding the specific version of nifskope they used (maybe you can find it by snooping around) but if adding custom textures its good for seeing how it looks.

I don't know if this helps, but if you open a nif in notepad++ it says:

Gamebryo File Format Version 30.1.0.3

also the word Maya and MayaNifGamebryoViewer is tossed around a lot.

Nifskope. To open .nif (model) files. I don't think we can add custom models without finding the specific version of nifskope they used (maybe you can find it by snooping around) but if adding custom textures its good for seeing how it looks.

I don't know if this helps, but if you open a nif in notepad++ it says:

Gamebryo File Format Version 30.1.0.3

also the word Maya and MayaNifGamebryoViewer is tossed around a lot.

Well it (nifskope) opens 'em, wonder if we can modify them?

qTawFE7.png

yep, 30.1.0.3.

Gonna try moving the stool to float in mid air, pls no crash.

Ok wtf happened here, the camera is not moving when I go to the shop or anything.  Also wtf is a kf/kfm file?, oh its something to do with animations?

Time to screw with the kf/kfm files too them. So it can open the KFM files but the KF files dont work. Even when I try to attack it to the NIF using the animation window. I get "this is not a normal .kf file; there should be only NiControllerSequences as root blocks" But I can open it normaly. 

When I try to open a KFM file I get "failed to load kfm file (30.1.0.3b)"

So I'm pretty sure its just not loading the modified nif files for some reason. I replaced the "loft main.nif" with "the_loft_guitarcade_screen.nif" and nothing happened so I guess its caused by the KF/KFM files not matching the nif files or something.

Tine to replace loft main.nif, .kfm and .kf with loft_plant.nif, .kfm and kf.

It looks plant-y (well greener anyway). So I guess it is the kfm/kfm files or its just not saving the nif properly. Lets try resaving the plant.nif and see if its still visible.

Still visible but something changed, Oh it changes each load because of the plant sway animation? or its just vertex exploded everywhere and its dead. This time you can see the plant pot

Lets remove the leaves since the plant pot seems to work. Ok somethings screwed but the pot's still there

delete everything in the KF file lets see what happens. lol its gone.

So I guess we gotta figure out how to make kf/kfm files or something.

I give up for now.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Ok so no updates on the nifs but have something easy.

CUSTOM HIGHWAY COLOUR

Go to dependency_songcomponents.psarc\assets\gameplay and change these files. You can get fancy or just change the hue of all of them to the same.

anchor\remap_anchor.dds

anchor\remap_pre_roll.dds

beat\beat.dds

beat\measure.dds

beat\beat_arpagio.dds

bracket\bracket_note.dds

bracket\bracket_tall.dds

chord\chord_arpaggio.dds (Chords are optional but tis nice if they match the highway)

chord\chord_panel_full.dds

chord\double_frethandmute.dds

chord\double_palmmute.dds

chord\strum_frethandmute.dds

chord\strum_palmmute.dds

chordzone\remap_zone.dds

dependency_songcomponents.psarc\assets\vfx\fork_gameplay_vfx\dx9\chord_window_fb.dds (something chord related?)

dependency_songcomponents.psarc\assets\vfx\gameplay_vfx\chord_flipbook_hit.dds (Chord hit effect)

dependency_songcomponents.psarc\assets\vfx\gameplay_vfx\chord_quarter_sustain.dds (Chord sustain effect?)

gutter\remap_color_gutter.dds

number field\remap_numberfield.dds (optional, make the opposite colour of everything else so you can see them unlike what I did)

Its a fair bit of stuff to change but you get something like this at the end (don't copy me and use purple the bottom notes blend in to the background)

kkXOmPU.png

Vid of it in action if you care

Yea that's about it

• Like 1

• Developer

Added the ability to modify all non-dlc related game images to CGT Image Injector feature.  It is included in CGT Version 2.1.8 release

• Like 2

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• 3 weeks later...

Extra tunings.

Fed up with seeing "custom tuning" on anything that's not pop music, here ya go. Wanna tune to something fancy but cba for the songs to load, here ya go (not like you can press space to view the notes you are playing).

If you just want a pre-done list look here

That link "here" is empty...   

'From first to last, the peak is never passed. Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes.'

Extra tunings.

Fed up with seeing "custom tuning" on anything that's not pop music, here ya go. Wanna tune to something fancy but cba for the songs to load, here ya go (not like you can press space to view the notes you are playing).

If you just want a pre-done list look here

That link "here" is empty...   

Ah sorry about that, it should work now.

• 4 months later...

U thought this thread was dead, well yeah it is but have some more pointless stuff anyway.

ReShade

website liok

So it works with rocksmith (what a shock), pretty good for stuff like colour correction or burning your eyeballs out if you like to put chromatic aberration on everything. Most useful for me tho is the "correct aspect ratio" since I run at 16:10 instead of 16:9. I mean it just stretches it tho so yea not the best but still pretty cool.

For basic setup all you really need to know is that rocksmith 2014 uses Direct 3D 9 so select that when asked what graphics api to use.

Ya should probably turn off rocksmiths built in colour correction and stuff first if you want to fiddle with this first.

Press home to open the menu and check the stuff you want on and fiddle with sliders 'till it looks like ass.

Best I've got so far is this, I had a better one but looked ass ingame. Who plays rs to look at the menu anyway (says the guy with a modded loft lol) so yea try to get it looking good ingame first or your eyes are gonna burn.

Here's the preset if you want to screw around with it for some reason.

mHvogSI.png

How it looks ingame

WB94B0N.png

The notes are just cubes wat, rip shading.

Yea I guess that's it, see ya.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok time for more ass that no-one asked for

HIGHWAY COLOUR GENERATOR

iy7gcbY.png

They don't match it's just for example lol

AMacYKk.png

I was bored so have a thing, It generates the files and converts them to dds. You just need to paste them into an unpacked dependency_songcomponents.psarc and rebuild it.

"Highway lines" doesn't work. it changes "beat.dds" and "measure.dds". So I guess they are not used to colourise and it is done by the highway file instead.

Chord accent doesn't work either?, probably just a mask

Bracket colour works?, at least according to the nif in nifscope, hard to see ingame.

BUT DON'T LEAVE THE COLOUR BLANK FOR THEM OR IT WILL MAKE THE FILE PITCH BLACK AND SCREW UP YA VISUALS.

Here's a copy paste of the readme (minus licenses but with added colour and formatting to make up for it)

[\__HOW TO DO THE THING__/]

(USE BRIGHT COLOURS AND FAIR JUDGMENT OR IT WILL LOOK ASS)

Enter the colours. Do it for all of them or some files will be fully black and look terrible in game. If you wan't default ones enter a similar colour, or just replace with base ones later?
Click "MAKE PNG", this adds the overlays and generates the files in "/FILES/OUTPUT". Wait until the preview images appear.
Click "TO DDS", a scary window will pop up, its just nvdxt converting the png files to DDS, wait until it closes.
(optional) Click "Clean up PNG" to delete the png files from the output folder so you don't have unnecessary files in your rocksmith psarc. Don't worry it'll make more next time.
Look in FILES\OUTPUT for generated files, copy the assets folder
Goto your rocksmith dir and open the base subfolder and unpack "dependency_songcomponents.psarc"
Paste the assets folder, if it asks to replace say yes.
Rebuild it and replace your old one (make a backup first just in case?).

~--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~

Yeeted it out in a day, probably full of bugs. I'll try to fix any so yell if ya find some.

Download (ya need net 4.6.1 or something)

Source project thing (warning it's got bad spelling, misspelled arpeggio a ton)

I'm off to watch idolm@ster, see ya. Finished Idolm@ster, love live is better tho  :P 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ayy so here's some pointless garbage I found out clearing out my eof folder.

Ya can have custom skins, just convert the files to pcx and yeet them in the "resources" folder. There's even a readme file to tell ya what to call 'em (background.pcx)

Photoshop can convert to pcx, but paint.net can't. There are websites to do it for you if you don't have photoshop.

qooL2KZ.png

Make a greenscreen and stick yourself in the bottom left for some eof streams lol.

Maybe ya already knew but I thought it was pretty cool.

Right that's it see ya.

• 2 months later...

The Custom Tunings don't seem to work for me. I replace the cache.psarc the easy way but I still have entire lists of just "Custom Tuning". The list of possible tunings works, showing all the available tunings, but not the Learn a Song list.

• 4 weeks later...

If you just want a pre-done list look here (mod by ZagatoZee)

PC. I should clarify that Im using this here

Dobbes, use CustomSongToolkit to unpack cache.psarc, open cache7 in 7zip and find tuning.database.json, right click, edit. You can add extra tunings from there manually. 

Note that B standard has many variants in bass paths, some leave out the 0s on the high b and e strings, some don't. Some have it going up, some down. It's usually 7 7 7 7 7 7 because of 220.Those will have to be each added or you'll get some B standard charts that say "custom tuning" , and some that don't.

Heres a tuning template for you, just copypaste it and change the fields to the tuning you want. Change the 0s to whatever values your desired tuning has. For instance Eb would be -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1.  High F would be 1 1 1 1 1 1

"TuningName": {
      "UIName": "Tuning name",
      "Strings": {
        "string0": 0,
        "string1": 0,
        "string2": 0,
        "string3": 0,
        "string4": 0,
        "string5": 0
      }
    },

tunings.PNG

I should add that, the pre-made tuning list floating around on here is made for guitarists, if you're a bassist a lot of those extra tunings won't work. you'll need to change B standard to 7 7 7 7 7 7 manually for instance. That's the most common value for it on bass, not the -5 -5 -5 -5 -5 -5 that's for guitar.

Even 7 everywhere won't work like half the time if the CDLC creator forgot to set the last 2 strings properly.

Yep. I have at least 4 B standards.

7 7 7 7 7 7

7 7 7 7 0 0

-5 -5 -5 -5 -5 -5 

-5 -5 -5 -5 0 0 

Pretty sure I probably have a few more too.

Same goes for Drop A, Bb, Bb drop Ab... Most 220 tunings have a few variants.

My massive tunings list:

tuningmenu.PNG

Personally I found it worth the time and effort, whenever I see a "custom tuning" label I immediately have to get rid of it and add the tuning in! Since I play a lot of weird tunings, it's made it a lot easier to browse them without constantly clicking on songs to see what tunings they're in.

Though if you don't play a lot of low tuning songs it might not be worth it.

Personally I found it worth the time and effort, whenever I see a "custom tuning" label I immediately have to get rid of it and add the tuning in! Since I play a lot of weird tunings, it's made it a lot easier to browse them without constantly clicking on songs to see what tunings they're in.

Though if you don't play a lot of low tuning songs it might not be worth it.

One of the things some of us are working on, is a way to fix all those custom tuning definitions without modifying the psarc files, if you have a list of the settings you've accumulated to remove as many of them as possible, please share it with me and if/when we manage to work out how to fix them the way we'd like, I'll make sure as many as we have defined are included. 

• Like 1