performance with external amp and y camble

mordor74

Question

9 answers to this question

Never tried it but I would think that it would.

\m/(><)\m/

'99 Fender Stratocaster / '12 Gibson SG (Nothing special but they are mine)

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

I have my guitar going into a Mackie mixer and the rocksmith cable exiting the mixer from the AUX send into the PC. Headphone exiting the PC and going into a stereo channel on the mixer. I can mix the pure guitar signal with the Rocksmith return and finds it blends away the latency issues. Mixer goes to powered monitors and its a bit complicated but it works really well for me

I tried the splitter cable and it didn't work well at all - lots of hum and buzz in both the game and the Amp. because it's literally just soldering two cables together you get all the computer interference passing right through the splitter and into the amp. and vice verse... not a very clean connection. So I ended up picking up a Boss LS-2 (Line Selector Pedal) which cleanly splits the guitar down and A/B path and does so without interference. Behringer makes an AB100 for $25 that supposedly does the same thing, but I hadn't tried it.  I found a used Boss pedal for $45 on ebay.

Now it's been some day since the splitter arrived. Tonewise my mustang is far better than the RS emulation, so i am pretty happy of the change. Also the PC lineout goes to the amp auxin and overall volume management is very good.

Did not get all that performance improvement (using a minimal amp setup on the RS side...), i stil suffer from some random slowdown.

I tried the splitter cable and it didn't work well at all - lots of hum and buzz in both the game and the Amp. because it's literally just soldering two cables together you get all the computer interference passing right through the splitter and into the amp. and vice verse... not a very clean connection. So I ended up picking up a Boss LS-2 (Line Selector Pedal) which cleanly splits the guitar down and A/B path and does so without interference. Behringer makes an AB100 for $25 that supposedly does the same thing, but I hadn't tried it.  I found a used Boss pedal for $45 on ebay.

I looked at the Behringer AB100.  It is not a splitter, it is a switch.  You can switch between A or B outputs with the footswitch, but you can't send the output signal to both at the same time.

I'm playing on a laptop too. I found that turning off ALL of the video effects helps a lot. I also bought a cooler pad, because the laptop was getting way too hot. Seems to me the game runs more slowly when things are cool.

I don't bother outputting to an amp, I play with headphones. Sounds good enough for my battered old ears.