Locked CSFM Is Packed With a Trojan

Incon

I know many have said this is a false flag, but I do not use AVG, and I have run the file through virus total and it seems it does also detect a virus. Is there any way this could be looked in to? Many sources have also detected this Trojan, and it's automatically removed any time it is ran. Thanks.

Everyone running it has no problems. Your A/V sucks because all A/V sucks. It's outdated technology. Signature based detection just can't work anymore because packers and crypters. The only thing A/V is good at is freaking out when it doesn't have an entry for what it's scanning. This is hobby software, nobody is going to sign up and pay to have their free program greenlighted by A/V companies.

• Like 4

while design software is often flagged by checkers for the way they go in and out of a system, this latest version seems different.  even when i shut off my protection software, i still get flagged from other software that has never flagged any of my cfsm files.  also, this one hangs when you try to run it (at least for me) so there's something amiss.  remember "always, never, everyone" are very encompassing phrases that often taint your point.  i agree that many people have good luck with the software, i include myself here.  but telling someone their software sucks because it does what it's supposed to do isn't beneficial.  let's look for solutions instead.

incon  the standard response you will see if you look into the forum deeper is to list the files that are getting flagged in your a/v program to be skipped, that way they won't get deleted when run.  also many of the a/v programs have the option to temporarily disable the checking.  sometimes i will do that since my program won't let me list the files to skip.  it has worked good in the past, but this latest version (1.3.1.9) still gives me problems.  that is why i agree about something different of late.

if we can monitor what happens to our machines and accurately report to the ones on the other side of the keyboard, i'm sure they will come up with something soon.  i am still amazed at the quality and speed that they can produce, especially since many of them don't or can't do this full time. 

• Like 1

kirispy, I'm used a paid AV program, not one that is free, as for  tupoloflyer, I agree, we need to keep a watch on this. This site is definitely helpful and work is very obviously put on to it. I'm just bringing up the issue in hopes that it will be fixed. It doesn't help that every time this issue is brought up, it is automatically dismissed as a false flag. It is important to not dismiss issues as many others could be having them. However, i would like this to be looked into when there is time, as it seems I'm not the only one having this issue.

That's because false positives are entirely common for niche software. There was a time (maybe still now, I don't know) where Chrome would automatically flag EOF as a potential virus for no reason other than it wasn't a well-known (among the entirety of the Chrome user base) program. What would help is to submit likely false positives to your antivirus vendor and not spread alarm unless they actually confirm it wasn't a false positive.

• Like 1

• Administrator

Like Raynebc said, it's a false positive. Trying to work on getting a software license at the moment which will prevent this topic from coming up again and again. And pleasepleaseplease do the above and send the false positive report to your anti-virus software (and in the meantime look into something like Malwarebytes that doesn't produce so many f/ps!).

• Like 1

Mothman is real and he sold me coke in a dimly lit JC Penney's.

Like Raynebc said, it's a false positive. Trying to work on getting a software license at the moment which will prevent this topic from coming up again and again. And pleasepleaseplease do the above and send the false positive report to your anti-virus software (and in the meantime look into something like Malwarebytes that doesn't produce so many f/ps!).

I don't think recommendations should be done. Malwarebytes is the worst software I've ever tried, in the way it made changes to my system without asking. In fact it removed a perfectly clean windows file which prevented then Windows to restart, running in into blue screen.

• Administrator

I don't think recommendations should be done. Malwarebytes is the worst software I've ever tried, in the way it made changes to my system without asking. In fact it removed a perfectly clean windows file which prevented then Windows to restart, running in into blue screen.

I'm sorry to hear that. I've had nothing but good experiences with it (and it's kept me out of wannacry twice thank god). It also may depend on the OS, since I'm still on Windows 7 and not 10. Anyways yeah my bad. Just don't want people saying things like ITS PACKED WITH A TROJAN CF IS RELEASING VIRUSES when in reality that isn't the case. It puts out a bad message making people think we're trying to infect users which really sucks. 

Anecdotes are often freak incidences that don't get repeated often. Even major commercial antivirus programs occasionally put out a bad antivirus definition update that bricks Windows but they're quick to revoke the offending update. One time I had a problem where installing Avast antivirus prevented one of my XP computers from booting, but I found a workaround and have had no other problems with it on several computers.

• Like 1

• Administrator

Yeah it happened to Unleashed with a totally different antivirus (I wanna say it was actually Avast? I'm probably wrong). Started deleting system files. So it's honestly just a freak incident that could happen with anything, and  alot of people happy with Malwarebytes so no need for the scare tactics. 

Also side note I just asked Unleashed it was definitely Avast

• Like 1

• Administrator

Locking topic due to there being several other threads about this same issue and we've given multiple answers