Support regarding CDLC tutorial

firekorn

Question

• Administrator

This topic is aimed at gathering remark and discussion regarding the tutorial for CDLC creation.

This first post will gather side note and remark that i haven't yet added to the tutorial and will serve to keep a FAQ regarding all the part of the tutorial.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@SaxmanD if it's installed in proper location then you need to launch it at least one time, it would set environment variable automatically so toolkit would be able to get it by itself there's literally one case scenario I've missed in refactoring process but 95% are covered solidly. Please try it and report back (clean config for wwise path just in case)

@@Dreadfulglue hello, make sure you've got specific wwise v2016.2.x
also make sure you've launched it at least once (it asks for eula and will create environment path with wwise.exe location)

• Like 1

Hello, could you somehow fix images in tutorial? Maybe it's after site's update, maybe not but many images are displayed as a link, and it's tedious to open each of them instead of preview in post. You can see that upper image is showed properly image.png.14948ffa706ae328f1eb890c1befe339.png

Hi all,

Just made my first CDLC and at first it worked like a charm. There were a lot of ghost notes in the GP file and I guess rocksmith just doesnt show them so I decided to take them out and try my CDLC again. The ghost notes problem was fixed and I could see all the notes again, but when I got 2/3 into the song it froze up and crashed. 

The crash happens at the same point every time, and didn't happen in my first version with ghost notes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

GB.

• Administrator

Hard to say just like that, i don't encounter crash often if at all so i don't have many reason to give from the top of my head.

If you could share the EOF project or the psarc, it might be easier to find what's happening.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I'm trying to make a first CDLC for myself, nothing major just simple power chords and such. I had no problem in EOF but it's Wwise that keeps giving me trouble. I extracted and installed it. How everytime I click generate in the toolkit I get an error (I'll link a screenshot of it below. This is now the 4th time I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Wwise application and it's just aggravating. What's the issue?

P.s I am using the 2013.2 version of Wwise.

WM-Screenshots-20201209121758.png

• Administrator

Which version of wwise did you install?

You might also want to check the you have the package mentionned in your toolkit folder.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Hi, thanks for the very thorough tutorial!

Most of it works great, but I currently struggle with leading silence. I added an empty beat in the beginning of the song and in addition silence of 7 seconds so that everything starts at 10 seconds. Everything is in sync in EOF, but when loading in RS2014, the music starts immediately and doesn't seem to care about any leading silence at all. The guitar.ogg seems to be generated correctly, so I'm a bit at a loss why it would start immediately.

Using EOF v1.8RC12 and RSToolkit V2.9.2.1 and Wwise v2013.2.10

EDIT: Added the original sound file and not the "guitar.ogg" file in RSToolkit - so to everyone wondering about this - double check this first 😅

Edited by dj_pale
Found solution

I've got an issue as well. Whenever I go to save from EOF, I get a warning that pops up that says: At least one RS section/phrase has a non alphanumeric character in its name.

I also have an issue when using the DLC Builder, when I select the main file ogg, it says Error: Could not initialize container! And then it won't let me select a preview (and therefore can't build the test).

I'm assuming these two things are related. Any ideas?

My dlc failed to switch tones when I'm playing the song. The weird thing is the game would say tone switch but would not say which tone it has switched; in reality, the tone remains the same. I can find all my tones in authentic tones but they just won't switch in the game. What can i do to fix this?

I finished creating a CDLC

Issue is.... How do I create chord/arps and strums with GP?
Sure, notating HOPOs and slides with GP then importing it in EOF can be done, but not chords.

How do I achieve this with GP? I'm trying to avoid using EOF, it's by far the slowest and annoying part of the process.

• Administrator

You just notate chord like you normally would in GP. Only thing that don't transfer over well is arpeggios (held chord shape) as RS uses its own kind of thing that GP has no proper equivalent for.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

On 2/14/2023 at 3:52 PM, korner said:

My dlc failed to switch tones when I'm playing the song. The weird thing is the game would say tone switch but would not say which tone it has switched; in reality, the tone remains the same. I can find all my tones in authentic tones but they just won't switch in the game. What can i do to fix this?

First step to creating tone changes is adding an event in EoF, give it a unique identifier.
Afterwards, under the tones section of Rocksmith DLC Builder, create a tone with matching names as your identifier.

For example, I have a song with a custom bass tone. Each song has a default tone, let's say I named it "bass_base". Under tones, I should have another tone named "bass_base".

@ firekorn  This link on the tutorial for creating CDLC appears broken: https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/856-tutorial-for-proper-gp-tab-sync-sectionphrase-authoring-and-more/

(I was hoping maybe discussion of Go Play Along synching might be there?)

UPDATE: I think I've figured out how to pull the synch out of GPA since I posted this so that part of the issue likely not a concern any longer.