Problems after the new patch

LeeMania

Question

I played earlier today just fine and when I wanted to play about an hour ago there was an update. I hadn't restarted the computer between when it worked and the update. My problem now is that Rocksmith isn't registering any sound from my bass. I know the cable work because I can hear the bass in Windows when I active the "Listen to this device" option. I've tried removing the driver to the Realtone cable completely and then restarting and I've tried validating my game files but nothing worked.

Anybody else experiencing this problem? 

FIXED

• Like 1

• Administrator

I will say it again, but we are not Ubisoft employee nor do we have the enough knowledge over their software to actually offer support regarding nexw bugs that have appeared with their new patch. If you want your issue to be looked into and likely be fixed soon enough, you have to contact Ubisoft support directly to help them understand why it's happening and how can they correct it.

DO NOT mention CDLC when contacting Ubisoft support though.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Deleted which ini file? I'm experiencing the same problem currently. Earlier today, before the patch I played Rocksmith just as I usually would. But after I got the update on Steam, the game wouldn't recognize the cable anymore, doesn't pick a single sound from the guitar in the game but in windows recording devices I can see that the volume bar goes up as I play...

I've managed to fix the problem for myself. Disabled every recording device except the USB Guitar Adapter and the game recognizes the cable now.

Removing Rocksmith.ini did not help.

Disabling all other RECORDING devices in the windows SOUND Control Pannel > RECORDING Tab did not help

Unplugging and replugging in obviously did not help (that suggestion was just annoying...of course we all tried that about 100 times to resorting to going online)

Uninstalling the cable in device manager did not help.

Resetting to default settings within the game did not help.

Rebooting after all the above did not help.

I am starting to think I am going to have to  reinstall the damn game. Loosing a years worth of progress (assuming my backup would just break the game again?)

Unisntalling Rocksmith, restarting and reinstalling worked...until I reapplied the CLDC patch from October 16 and then I started getting the UNABLE TO INITIALIZE STEAM API

@@emmet,

Sounds like you might have a conflict with one or more customs.  Try removing all of the ones causing problems and add them back in small batches to see if they work.  Once you get to one that doesn't work again, remove it and verify that the others work.

No...today's update broke Rocksmith's ability to recognize the real tone cable. If it were the issue you suggest...it would not have worked yesterday. The only new variable here, is official update that happened automatically.

To everyone, as much as i would like to be able to help, this is a Ubisoft issue and is in now way related to CDLC so i strongly suggest you contact the support for Rocksmith to actually have competent people to help you guys.

DO NOT mention CDLC when talking to the support though.

Fairly certain you're wrong. Uninstaling Rocksmith 2014 and reinstalling it fixes the real tone cable issue. However, as soon as you install the latest CLDC Patch...the game no longer launches. 

Leads me to believe the latest update broke the last patch and that is the underlying root of people's problems. 

Think were gonna need a new patch. 

I ran the Verifify Integrity test in Steam. Without the patch it clears. With the patch it finds issue with 1 file. Pretty obvious the patch is the issue it is finding issue with. Not sure if it would have had that problem before or not. But it lauched before. 

Now I am getting Unable to 

Unable to Initialize SteamAPI

• Administrator

@@tacticalcity I can still play perfectly fine with the dll and the RTC together as many other player do, the fact that it happen to only some user (and even non CDLC user) make me really doubt that it's linked to CDLC in any way.

Also, Ubisoft is already looking into the issue which also tends to prove that it's not CDLC related for them to try to fix it.

So again, if you want this issue to be fixed properly for you, sharing information on your system with Ubisoft Support is probably the best to make sure they fix it for all cases.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I finally got things working...8 hours later...MAN was that a pain in rear. 

No changes with the current install I had helped. I had to completely uninstall and reinstall Rocksmith 2014.

Which initially worked...then suddenly didn't.

So I did it again. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Then I ran the validate game cache check within Steam to see if it was corrupt as some suggested...but they did not tell me I need to do that twice in a row before it would fix the corrupt file for me. Nothing on the screen would have lead me to conclude that was how you did that. 

Then I did more research, because it was suddenly crashing in an even worse way now...and discovered it was setting the compatibility mode of the Rocksmith2014.exe file to Windows 8, and I needed to remove that setting for it to work in Windows 10.

Then after that it worked and stayed working after playing the game up patched a couple times in a row. Fingers crossed, I installed the CDLC patch...it worked. 

Only thing I am having trouble with now is loading my backed up game file that has all my progress saved. The latest patched version doesn't look to be saving it exactly the same way? Maybe? Don't know yet. Gonna have to research that more. 

• Administrator

For all user having issue with the RTC being undetected by the game : https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/5iffb0/question_for_pc_users_with_rtc_detection_issues/

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@emmet,

Sounds like you might have a conflict with one or more customs.  Try removing all of the ones causing problems and add them back in small batches to see if they work.  Once you get to one that doesn't work again, remove it and verify that the others work.

No...today's update broke Rocksmith's ability to recognize the real tone cable. If it were the issue you suggest...it would not have worked yesterday. The only new variable here, is official update that happened automatically.

My comment wasn't directed at you.  If you read @@emmet's comment, his issue has nothing to do with the real tone cable.  The issue(s) with the real tone cable only affects Windows users.  

• Like 1

I have almost a same problem. After this patch I can't record Rocksmith with Bandicam. Before this patch everything was OK. Output videofile recorded without audio track. Can anyone help me? I tried everything written above. Stereo mixer is working correctly

Same here.  Tried lots of options but can't get sound recording :(

Let me know if you find a fix :D