Collection download

adyscoot

Question

After having problems with my pc I had to reload my CDLC from a backup but have found some songs I downloaded not there.

Is there a way to go into my collections on this site and hit "download all" as I don't want to go through over 900 pages clicking everyone in my collection to se if its missing ?

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

On 11/18/2016 at 9:25 PM, firekorn said:

@@adyscoot No, cause download are handled by third party site which makes it impossible for us to offer you that option.

What you could do is option to open a batch of links.

Preferably user could choose how many tabs to open at once, depending on their computer specs (ram/cpu).

Say user has 500 songs in collection and wants to open 50 tabs at a time, the site would divide the collection to 10 batches which each opens 50 tabs when clicked.

That should be possible with Javascript.

window.open(URL, '_blank')

Edited by Dradge
Add JS code snippet

• Administrator

Which would still require the user to go through all those page one by one so it wouldn't save tons of time.

Could it be better than how it currently is? Possibly.

Is it a priority for us? Not currently.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

On 1/6/2024 at 1:47 PM, firekorn said:

Which would still require the user to go through all those page one by one so it wouldn't save tons of time.

Could it be better than how it currently is? Possibly.

Is it a priority for us? Not currently.

I'm not asking for you to implement this, I'm offering to implement that feature on my own.

I'm software automation/integration engineer and would be happy to implement this feature on my spare time, for collection of 500 songs it would save the user 500 clicks.

As some songs are direct links to .psarc -files, it would save the user over 50% percent of clicking.

Which IMHO would be a quite sweet, I just re-downloaded my entire collection to my laptop which was quite a chore.

Perhaps the clicking part could be automated with selenium webdriver to have complete automation of re-downloading full collection with a single click.

• Like 2

I think something like the current top 1000 charts in a single pack..maybe updated monthly and charge a reasonable fee to download would work for getting new comers loaded up quick. Yes...I know my phone is going to light up with cease and desist notices from lawyers for even contemplating it  🤐    ...but this site works some how.

On 1/13/2024 at 12:19 AM, Dradge said:

...for collection of 500 songs it would save the user 500 clicks.

For me it would save more than 2000 clicks because for every download i have to click
1. download
2. Save into folder...
3. save

And these 3rd party sites require also 1-2 clicks so 500 downloads are in total 2000-2500 clicks!

5 hours ago, mwn said:

For me it would save more than 2000 clicks because for every download i have to click
1. download
2. Save into folder...
3. save

And these 3rd party sites require also 1-2 clicks so 500 downloads are in total 2000-2500 clicks!

You could backup your DLC folder on a different drive and save yourself the trouble.

• Like 1

I'll own you one day. 💜

Custom Shop Solo II.png