RSInjector Not Loading (Just Crashes)

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a patching system that does what @@Angra1982 do in a more "practical" way for different cases :   https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1ZKYtpB0vu2WnJWZzdtUkp6SU0   1) Extract anywhere 2) Run the

The game has been update and CDLC doesn't work anymore for MAC user ONLY. We are aware and we asked the dev of the RSinjector app to look into it.

Hi guys, I found a solution!!!     the Steam update modified the rocksmith app to run only by running steam (open steam://run/221680). If you try to launch directly from Steam/steamapps/common/Rock

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm completely new here but this worked fine for me. On Sierra 10.12.3.

It took me a while to get a song to show up in my list but apparently it didn't have anything to do with this script, which seems pretty straight forward to me. It was because I didn't have Cherub Rock installed.

I don't know if this is necessary but I also changed the permissions on the song that I downloaded.

cd /path/to/dlc
chmod 755 my_song_m.psarc

I also don't know if this is necessary but I also removed a bunch of extra file attributes that OS X attached to the song I downloaded. That process is described here:
http://superuser.com/questions/155458/what-does-the-mean-on-the-output-of-ls-on-os-x-terminal

It basically goes like this: 

cd /path/to/dlc
xattr -l my_song_m.psarc 

And then for each attribute listed:

xattr -d com.apple.<attribute_name> my_song_m.psarc

^replace <attribute_name> with the actual attribute names listed. example:

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine my_song_m.psarc

Again, I don't know if the file permissions and attribute stuff is necessary but I'm kinda OCD. I suspect the file permissions on the song are necessary though.

Thanks!

Changing the file permission should not be necessary and the attributes are added by your browser, but should be no harm that the customs don't work or not showing up in the songlist.

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/104712/what-causes-os-x-to-mark-a-folder-as-quarantined

Which problem should the change of the permission or deleting attributes solve? Or was it because you were not aware that you need a dlc and it's ID to play a custom? If you've bought the Cherub dlc you don't have to change anything with the files - only converting them to mac if there's no mac version and adding it to the dlc. If it does not show up there might be another reason, for example duplicates or broken custom(s) - another possible reason: there was an update of RS and you've to re-apply the patch (and hopefully it works again) or we are doomed :).

Hi!

Sorry, I guess I was unclear. I got it working correctly after adding Cherub Rock to my library. That was the problem.

And apparently you're right, I just loaded a song without altering it at all and it worked fine. That's surprising to me since the official Rocksmith song file permissions are:

-rwxr-xr-x

And these custom songs are:

-rw-r--r--@

Oh well, I guess it's just reading the files into memory and doesn't need execute permissions. I wonder why the official ones are created with execute permissions?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the response.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.