Hi! Sorry, I guess I was unclear. I got it working correctly after adding Cherub Rock to my library. That was the problem. And apparently you're right, I just loaded a song without altering it at all and it worked fine. That's surprising to me since the official Rocksmith song file permissions are: -rwxr-xr-x And these custom songs are: -rw-r--r--@ Oh well, I guess it's just reading the files into memory and doesn't need execute permissions. I wonder why the official ones are created with execute permissions? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Thanks for the response.
Hey, I'm completely new here but this worked fine for me. On Sierra 10.12.3. It took me a while to get a song to show up in my list but apparently it didn't have anything to do with this script, which seems pretty straight forward to me. It was because I didn't have Cherub Rock installed. I don't know if this is necessary but I also changed the permissions on the song that I downloaded. cd /path/to/dlc chmod 755 my_song_m.psarc I also don't know if this is necessary but I also removed a bunch of extra file attributes that OS X attached to the song I downloaded. That process is described here: http://superuser.com/questions/155458/what-does-the-mean-on-the-output-of-ls-on-os-x-terminal It basically goes like this: cd /path/to/dlc xattr -l my_song_m.psarc And then for each attribute listed: xattr -d com.apple.<attribute_name> my_song_m.psarc ^replace <attribute_name> with the actual attribute names listed. example: xattr -d com.apple.quarantine my_song_m.psarc Again, I don't know if the file permissions and attribute stuff is necessary but I'm kinda OCD. I suspect the file permissions on the song are necessary though. Thanks!