FOR THE LOVE OF GOD (Charters read this)

Snake3169

Question

Please stop marking pinch harmonics as natural harmonics

Some natural harmonics on certain strings wont register you playing the note if you mark them as the wrong kind of harmonic.. I am well aware that of course there are harmonics on more then the 5,7 and 12 fret (see some rush official DLC).. but you can clearly tell the tone difference between a natural and a pinch.. not to mention pinch harmonics can have any sort of techniques added to them that natural's simply can't do.

I can't easily count the number of songs ive played with harmonics being mislabeled. 

I know EoF imports most techniques but harmonics and pinch harmonics it seems to get mixed up. So please, take the extra time to check your harmonics.. if it has a slide.. tremolo, vibrato etc etc. then its probably a pinch (though not ALWAYS.. but you can tell)

Just asking charters to take that extra time to pay attention to what notes are what.. those GP tabs are not right all the time ^^

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

I know EoF imports most techniques but harmonics and pinch harmonics it seems to get mixed up.

If you can demonstrate an example of this problem it will get fixed. I made a test Guitar Pro 5 file and here are the results:Natural harmonic: Imports as a natural harmonicArtificial harmonic: Imports as a natural harmonicTapped harmonic: Doesn't import with any techniquePinch harmonic: Imports as a pinch harmonicSemi harmonic: Imports as a pinch harmonicI could make the tapped harmonic import as a natural harmonic if that's what people want, but otherwise it looks like it's working as expected.