Unpacking CDLC to find tabs?

noahfence

Question

Sometimes I'd like to take a small section of a song, and print out the tabs so I can just sit in front of the TV and work on it.

Is there a way to take the CDLC data, put it in a readable format and print it out from Word, Excel or Notepad?

6 answers to this question

@@noahfence -

There's the RocksmithToTab program, which goes through all of your CDLC and makes GP files from it, which may be a bit overkill for what you want.

There's also the Rocksmith custom toolkit, which has a "CDLC 2 Tab" tab that can be used to make either GP or text file tabs out of .psarc files of your choice.

If you don't have a program to view GP files, you can download TuxGuitar for free.

Hope that helps!

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Administrator

You can do single file with the rocksmith to tab software, you just need to drag the file you want and drop it on the RocksmithToTab.exe and tada!

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

If it's just a file association issue (ie. double clicking a file in Windows to open it in a program), you can right click on such a file in Windows, select "Open with", select "Choose default program", find the program you want to associate with this file's extension (the part after the last period in the file name) and click OK.