Lag using Win8

nickd

Question

Hello all,

The very helpful fellows over in this thread have got me swapped over from XBOX to Steam with RS2014 for a measley £7 and a little bit of learning.

So, I am delighted overall with things but the game is suffering from audio lag, and this makes it very difficult to play!

I wonder if any of you guys are using RS2014 with Win8 successfully, as the blurb only mentions that Win7 is supported. If I need to upgrade the board or whatever else, then that's fine. Also, I would even downgrade to Win7 if that's what i need to do.

Attached are my specs - I checked before buying the game from Steam and they exceed the minimums.

http://eppc001.ddns.net/img/system.PNG

Thanks!

Nick.

12 answers to this question

yeah your cpu is pretty ancient i think mainboard too, anyway win8 needs more resources try running it at minimum gfx and 4 audio engine setting  + you can disable c1 and TM2 features if you experience lags but you have decent cooling which allows you cpu running below 30C(86F)

Good, I was hoping you'd say that. This means I need to upgrade the board, which I was looking to do anyways.

I was thinking about this one. What does everybody think?

Thank you,

Nick.

@@Alex360, thanks for your guidance.

I had the new board in and everything reinstalled within about 4 hours and it's working well now. The only problem I have is that the guitar is too quiet. I upped the gain but that didn't fix things.

Off to look at the forum now to see what i can find out but if you have a link to any info, or any ideas to improve it then that would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick.

@@Alex360, thanks for your guidance.

I had the new board in and everything reinstalled within about 4 hours and it's working well now. The only problem I have is that the guitar is too quiet. I upped the gain but that didn't fix things.

Off to look at the forum now to see what i can find out but if you have a link to any info, or any ideas to improve it then that would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick.

Did you re-calibrate your guitar inside RS?

Also, you can up the volume for the realtone cable inside the Windows settings.

@@Wepeel, I want a mac and I have stamped my feet and everything with still no joy ;)

Well, I rooted around on the internet and this seems to work pretty well. Thought I'd post it here in case it helps anybody else.

Thanks,

Nick.

That's essentially what I was suggesting.

You can also try adjusting the realtone cable gain inside RS as well (which essentially does the same thing as raising the input volume in the Windows settings).

You can find the realtone cable gain inside the game by going to Tools -> Options -> Audio Settings.

The default value is 3.1db.

@@nickd it depends on which output you've got. So basicaly i use my headset razer kraken 7.1 or my surround sound system from logitech 7.1. You should find them down the right corner.

Or simply go to start>systemconfigurations>audio & sound

Or you use Realtek, in this case realtek got a feature in which the volume lowers pretty much the half of the max possible setting, probably not to cause any damage to your ears.