Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 79

Mortalo

begin at the beginning

beginner lead:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/713035806388947844/4C5BADA483976B3397064E977E3262A7B15DAAD6/

beginner rhythm:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/713035806388948440/53249B7161176FB943DB9BD12B32E17076463C45/

I removed the DD so I can play it in score attack without getting XXXed out. hope this is okay?

• Like 2

@ I heard you were going after the leaders on  MC bass  then i seen your score.

So i matched it. 

( oops that streak :( ) 

( just challenging you to beat me I know you can do it ) 

http://i.imgur.com/XYvPE5B.jpg

OH BTW . ........................

I thought i got a 1st place intermediate rhythm last week but the little award by my name says second place :(

Is that a typo or did i miss something?

• Like 5

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

I have to go back to the bass.

last hour I tried the Japanese Boys for MC Lead, not the best transcription, but I will give it one more try.

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150427/mdgs448k.jpg

at this chorus part I hear a tapping guitar, but it's notated like sweep picking. That sounds totally crap, but if I play tapping there it sounds decent and no misses. I just figured out 2/3 of the chorus, then it rains misses. Dont want to waste too much time with this

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

• Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Yes, it is new technique for my and my fingers in this places yet virgin :) So yesterday i pass day for rest.

This pops kill fingers.

My suggestion for bass in MC, so as it possible easy to play with plector, for fair score, especially for winners need show video playthrough proof :)

• Like 4

@ callus on the right hand thumb must be insane now dude :)

after 13 plays my thumb starts to hurt I remembered that slap ring it have since years but never used. 

I give it a try and wow... that jumps alone ont the strings and my thumb has happy hollydays :P

• Like 2

• Like 6

• Like 6

So just doing some math, the score i have up is very beatable, the max you could get (without sustain bonus) is roughly 2.6 Million with all perfects...

I am trying to understand how the scoring system works in Rocksmith, to see if we can calculate how close 100%'s are to perfect :D

• Like 1

Many nice scores on all songs :)

So just doing some math, the score i have up is very beatable, the max you could get (without sustain bonus) is roughly 2.6 Million with all perfects...

I am trying to understand how the scoring system works in Rocksmith, to see if we can calculate how close 100%'s are to perfect :D

It's always the question of accurate synchronizing. In many customs you have to play too early to get a perfect, so a perfect score doesn't mean a perfect playing. And I also cannot believe that someone who's new to the bass plays such a score with slapping. Surely a video would give more credit to it.
  • Like 2

Last week I failed to submit my entry (shame on me), but I promised myself to submit one score this week, at least on easy mode. However I'm quite baffled by the Nirvana song.

I must point out that it is not an easy song :p I've look in the Championship file and it is flagged as a 3. I must say that it feels more like a 4 or 5 because of the bar chord changes

Any hint from more experienced player on how to  approach the Nirvana's song? Note that I can play "In bloom" and "Smells like teen spirit" quite well

(sorry if this is not the right thread to post this)

@@klaw Welcome!

@@lostpapers Approach? Practice. With time this changes will be easier and easier. I remeber times when I could not make the move to open C chord. Now, while still not perfect, I can hit it quite well. Nirvana does not have any kind of great challange, as it's some simple single notes and few standard chords. Some shifts/techniques can be troublesome, mostly because we're not used to it, and playing on guitar is difficult, also because of variety of techniques. Practice and practice. That's the best for your skills.

• Like 3

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

@@lostpapers, Mortalo beat me to it. I'm far from experienced but there is no magic bullet. It's all about practice. Practice develops muscle memory.

JustinGuitar has some good lessons, one of which relates to chord change practice. If you are having trouble with a particular change, practice changing to and from this chord over and over for a minute as fast as possible, counting how many changes you can do. Repeat the next day trying to better your previous count. Kind of boring but this is the only way to condition your fingers to move where you want.

• Like 3